• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Change firmware or canbus?

Search This thread

ElShaman

Sep 26, 2021
Hello, guys I'm new at this and I got a Ekiy T7 9 inch for my Peugeot 508 2013, the wheel controls worked, but in many ways it failed, I tried to work it out with the seller but no luck, I'm really disappointed, but maybe you could help me out.

I'm disappointed because you cannot configure as I've seen in other canbus settings, camera resolution and all the stuff to switch from reverse to front camera.

So here is my question, that can be done by changing the canbus or the firmware, to get all the options?

I've seen other moldels of canbus according to they site are compatible with my peugeot.

I attached pics of muy specs and menu,

PLEASE HELP, I can't afford to send it back or buy a new one.

20210926_161711.jpg20210926_115737.jpg20210926_115720.jpg

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Never got around to hooking up my canbus decoder (no factory wires on the radio harness), but I've read it's common to need to adjust the baudrate to get the headunit to recognize the decoder. Have you tried this? Which decoder is selected currently in factory settings?

ElShaman

Sep 26, 2021
Never got around to hooking up my canbus decoder (no factory wires on the radio harness), but I've read it's common to need to adjust the baudrate to get the headunit to recognize the decoder. Have you tried this? Which decoder is selected currently in factory settings?
Hi, thanks for the response, I selected my car a Peugeot 508, ir has the option of RCZ and 2019, chose 2019 due works better..

But still missing options and for example I saw some vids that the car reverse original sound, the beep, works in this unit doesn't, what I was planning if I find which canbus they have, install that one, if that doesn't brick the unit and maybe I can get all the options for the canbus.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
But I want to be sure, if that doesn't brick the unit or i have the desired result.
Changing the CANbus decoder will not brick your unit. Check with your reseller whether he send you the correct decoder.
Replacing your FYT firmware with other FYT firmware will probably not brick your unit either, but might work not as good as you do need some minor tweaks to adjust it for your specific unit.
But first check with your reseller whether he sent you the correct decoder

ElShaman

Sep 26, 2021
Changing the CANbus decoder will not brick your unit. Check with your reseller whether he send you the correct decoder.
Replacing your FYT firmware with other FYT firmware will probably not brick your unit either, but might work not as good as you do need some minor tweaks to adjust it for your specific unit.
But first check with your reseller whether he sent you the correct decoder
Ok,

I talked last night, my time with some canbus sellers, they told me it was not probably a decoder problem.
As far as I could find is the same decoders that normally uses other radios, seems that the factory settings menu is not full developed by the seller engineer department or developer team or manufacturer, so is missing options and features, to be called. Mine is PSA-RZ-69 others are 15, it seems is newer by the date is set in it.

Don't know if I can just change that menu? and I'm not an expert of firmware changing or tweaking, more programing...I'm good following instructions and technology, if is not too complicated I could try, just changing that ROM..

After I open a dispute te seller agreed to show to the department of engineers, some vids of other units that has it and are similar to mine...and try to solve the issues I presented to him.

For me, the biggest issues is that I cannot setup the front camera for it to swap after I disengage the reverse gear, also it doesn't show the lines, also that I lost the original car beeping sound of the sensors through the car spearkers, that I see it works with almost the same canbus decoder in other radios...

My best bet is software related...I'll keep posted if the seller resolves the issue...