• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Change for Better. Comment here to Win an Honor 9 Lite

Search This thread

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
I currently use Samsung phones and
have never tried a honor phone yet, and never had any luck with any of these give aways.
thought i will give it a shot this time around :)
this phone looks brilliant for the price but slightly out of my budget however it looks brilliant, cannot wait to get my hands on it.
I want to gift it to my wife whose birthday comes once in 4 years.
have no idea how i can get thanks for my post :)
Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Reactions: goldfinv

Mujtaba rko

Mar 20, 2013
RQyvKU9.jpg

In this thread we are going to give you the opportunity to win an Honor 9 Lite. One of Honor’s biggest launches in 2017 was the Honor 9. On January 17 Honor will launch the Honor 9 Lite in India. This phone will have all the spirit of the Honor 9 with a few changes.

Chipset HiSilicon Kirin 659
Display 18:9 1080 x 2160 pixels 5.6″
RAM 4GB
Storage 64GB
Camera Quad Lens: 13 MP + 2 MP, 1080p
Battery 3000 mAh

Find out more about this phone here and let us know what phone you're using right now and what you're looking forward to the most in the Honor 9 Lite. We will pick a lucky winner, based on the quality of their post and the number of thanks they receive.

Huawei P8 lite :D

tartutic07

Jun 19, 2011
Asus Zenfone 5Z
i am using a Lenovo Zuk Z2 plus .
I really suck at selfie. I am interested in the dual front cameras to see if i can get better :p
the 18:9 screen wont hurt the argument either . will be my first weird ratio screen to begin my journey

ammaralidj

Jul 11, 2008
Bahawalpur
One after one Huawei is releasing best phones keeping in view the mid budget of people of every corner around the world. Right now i am using Mate 10 Lite and i am more than satisfied with it. Now i can say that Huawei is one of the top selling smart phone company in the world, giving everyone the right to get more for their budget. Thanks Huawei

spandu500

Dec 1, 2014
Navi Mumbai
lets see if i could win or not, looking at specs, kirin 659 is a mid range chip, where it really struggles thou is with gpu dependent workloads, and of course kirin is nowhere as near as qcom in source code like caf. But still as its has support for project treble and the guys at openkirin looking forward to it.

goldfinv

May 22, 2013
Im currently using a Redmi Note 4x and compared to this, a compact phone is not a sin! The size is perfect. Now everyone is roped into what used to be called a phablet as the norm for a phone. 18:9 screen in the size of 5.2 inch? I'm most excited to the new screen ratio.

waleed227

Jan 21, 2018
I am Using Sony Xperia Z5
I am very curios how the dual lens selfie camera will work and how better will be the Pictures
and it is interesting PDAF technology fast auto focus
and the wanted to hold the new slick design aluminium frame

hemantbeast

Jul 26, 2014
Ahmedabad
Wow, mid range device with quad cam and a decent look with front and glass back and a project treble support. ? Using Redmi 1s now and making it to latest Roms. If I get a chance to win then I'll be looking forward to develop Roms on this device.

s.k.rajput

Oct 15, 2016
im using moto g3 osprey . i like android development for phones. would like to do for each phone i get.. i have only used low end or low cost phones. no high end till now.. just want to use more phones and give more helps to users
Ya please provide him with this phone as he is a very good & dedicated developer who keeps updating the roms for moto g2015(osprey) very often also he is helping to use many oreo roms on osprey.... He is also very friendly & very quick at trying & fixing various bugs.... A help by your sides will be very appreciated

Rupeshrg

Jun 24, 2015
Best Bang for Buck Device !!

RQyvKU9.jpg

In this thread we are going to give you the opportunity to win an Honor 9 Lite. One of Honor’s biggest launches in 2017 was the Honor 9. On January 17 Honor will launch the Honor 9 Lite in India. This phone will have all the spirit of the Honor 9 with a few changes.

RAM 4GB
Storage 64GB
Battery 3000 mAh

Find out more about this phone here and let us know what phone you're using right now and what you're looking forward to the most in the Honor 9 Lite. We will pick a lucky winner, based on the quality of their post and the number of thanks they receive.

Undoubtedly the best thing is the price of the phone.
All the amazing features under 12k is just mind boggling.

Ioty1705

Aug 16, 2017
I really like the Honor 9 lite because of its screen and its camera.My phone just recently died and i have no money to buy one(s3 mini).If you care about poor people like me,pls choose me.Thank you for the giveaways though,love xda.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I really like the honor 9 lite because of its screen and its quad-camera.My s3 mini and my only phone just died recently and i have no money to buy a new one.If you care about poor people like me,pls choose me?.Thanks for the giveaway though,love you xda.

tanujthakkar

Dec 22, 2017
I was using a Nexus 6P until its motherboard got fried a week back. I'm looking for a new phone right now and I had read at many places about this phone. The Honor 9 Lite looks like a really great phone. It has many features from the top flagships from other companies like the dual camera, enough RAM, glass back, and the very 2017 18:9 screen. But what's amazing is the price. It's amazing how Honor can put so much in a phone with that price tag. Really looking forward to get my hands on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! I would like to have this phone and if I win I will support this device with development and I like the open source things from honor as well. Its specs are quite impressive within this range. Currently I have Redmi 4x aka santoni and I am ROM developer for that device as well and currently we have brought OREO for this device while XIAOMI left us without kernel sources on N.

rest depends on my luck :)

Edit
    I don't know if I win or not but thanks to my friends and user for their love towards me, thanks a lot guys for placing me on top I am really honored and in debt of your love guys. :)
    I'm using Pixel 2 XL now and I'm looking forward to advanced quad-camera and awesome infinity display of Honor 9 lite. And of course the headphone jack. I really miss it on Pixel 2 XL ;)

If I win this, I'll support the device by building custom ROMs for it :)

Nitin
    RQyvKU9.jpg

RAM 4GB
    Storage 64GB
    Battery 3000 mAh

Update: winners chosen.
    Hi!.
    I'm having a Motorola G4 Plus(athene) right now for which i develop.
    Just liked how Honor has come up in here to support development.
    Very few OEMs "actually" do this. Being a kernel developer, I'll like to see kernel source being released in accordance to the GPL(Even if they do rn, things change anythime as it happened with Motorola, You guys know :p)
    And Yes, Treble might too speed up the development fast, I saw that you guys included Treble in one of your phone(I think was in beta) but that was really cool of you guys. So, yeah. Specs are on point. No looking forward to them tho :p. All i really wish is kernel sources and Treble.
    Cheers!

If i win, I'll develop Custom ROMs and Kernels :)

PS :- Also the 18:9 display too :)

If you're looking through my history, it ain't big cause i never tried to be on XDA, Telegram was my friend.
    And then, i've just contribute after that :p
    Spammed a little to write a post in the devdb section :p

My G+ has more action than XDA :p
    https://plus.google.com/114932094730434787920
    Difference with my Xperia z5

i don't know if i may or may not win the contest
    but i just to brief the details of comparing with my device xperia Z5

there are few reason why we love sony
    *Theme engine - RRO - Runtime Resource Overlay
    Google had finally took the sony RRO from oreo -- for more check it out from here
    *Camera is the best thing we love from sony
    no other camera is not that good as sony. these days we had various brands come with camera (in-built filters). filters fakes real time picture.
    Where sony come with true vision Exmor-R CMOS sensors that reduces the two step noise in pictures takes. no filters to make it more clear .
    sony come up with inbuilt AR cameras (first in world), First 4K camera , depth auto focus, panorama, time shift and many more.
    23 Mp is max enough to compare with my DSLR.
    The pixel resolution of my xperia z5 is 5536 x 4152
    *Music Player is best out of brand sony (Wlakman)
    enjoying the best music where with DSEE HX with a pre-optimized sound Enhancer - True music and supports RDS
    *CPU
    i believe The same processor of Quad core, Cortex A53 is used in both my sony and honor.
    i just updated speed of processor. and i believe that will be worse experience if you run this processor with 2.36 GHz speed.
    Where 4 core run at a time for incoming and out going. the other remains calm ... had lot other issues with that processor

and there are other reason to get sony...

out of the above (my sony) the device honor is not less than sony
    just for few reasons like cost -- honor is half the price of my xperia z5 with additional features like
    ram 6 gb, internal 64gb, video recording with 3840x2160 @ 30 fps in-depth, 3200 mah battery, expandable upto 256 GB ( i dont use more than 64 so i don't care), 432 ppi depth pixels density.............

missed things are like barometer, RDS, small screen than my z5, screen body ration is less, video recording resolution is good as not with image processing.

So above is almost my best comparison
    hope this would help others to find right things

Regards
    VK