Change for Better. Comment here to Win an Honor 9 Lite

Search This thread

prankur_verma

Jan 12, 2018
Latest android phone at budget price? Then go for Honor 9 Lite

If you're fed up of your previous phone and looking to buy a budget android smartphone that feels premium in hand with front/back glass aluminium frame with trendy 18:9 screen ratio then it's time to buy the Honor 9 Lite. :good:

fariqiqbal

Jan 24, 2018
Apple to Android

Losing hope on apple. I'm using iPhone 6.
Been using apple product since iPhone 3G. But right now, I want to change to Android!

If i don't win this, still, I'm going to change.

andromuks

Feb 1, 2014
Pune
www.peopleandthoughts.com
Really appreicate

I really appreciate the way Huawei is approaching in the mobile industry. Where everyone is running for expensive phones with big displays and more RAM, internal storage, Huawei/Honor is busy making their phones cheap and affordable. Really loved this product. I have been using Honor 5x , Honor 8 and recently Honor 7x and all are great devices.

Venkatesh1406

Mar 1, 2016
RQyvKU9.jpg

In this thread we are going to give you the opportunity to win an Honor 9 Lite. One of Honor’s biggest launches in 2017 was the Honor 9. On January 17 Honor will launch the Honor 9 Lite in India. This phone will have all the spirit of the Honor 9 with a few changes.

Chipset HiSilicon Kirin 659
Display 18:9 1080 x 2160 pixels 5.6″
RAM 4GB
Storage 64GB
Camera Quad Lens: 13 MP + 2 MP, 1080p
Battery 3000 mAh

Find out more about this phone here and let us know what phone you're using right now and what you're looking forward to the most in the Honor 9 Lite. We will pick a lucky winner, based on the quality of their post and the number of thanks they receive.

I am looking forward to developing roms for various devices and I want to begin with Honor 9 lite , if have galaxy a7 2016 right now and I am using various custom roms and understanding everything , will start developing by may.

mr_patel031

Aug 21, 2016
surat
RQyvKU9.jpg

In this thread we are going to give you the opportunity to win an Honor 9 Lite. One of Honor’s biggest launches in 2017 was the Honor 9. On January 17 Honor will launch the Honor 9 Lite in India. This phone will have all the spirit of the Honor 9 with a few changes.

RAM 4GB
Storage 64GB
Battery 3000 mAh

Find out more about this phone here and let us know what phone you're using right now and what you're looking forward to the most in the Honor 9 Lite. We will pick a lucky winner, based on the quality of their post and the number of thanks they receive.

design and build quality premium
new 18:9 aspect ratio display
Android 8 Oreo

vku369

Jan 24, 2018
Better Android Updates

I am using Honor 6 plus now and planning to upgrade my device. Honor devices work great and are always value for money compared to other alternatives.

But the only thing which held me back so far is lack of updates. Most of the times there are two Android updates and then nothing.

Online forum and posts are full of reviews and comments about lack of updates. If Honor gets rid of this and provides timely updates then count me in

mayankcse10

Jan 8, 2011
Well I currently own the Pixel 2 XL and am very happy with it :)
The reason I would like to own the Honor 9 Lite, would be to replace my wife's shattered Z2 Plus so that I can watch my daughter shatter an 18:9 display phone :)

Joking aside, would love to gift my wife this phone so that I do not need to spend on the screen replacement which is a pain with non-removable battery. Also love the optimizations and useful tweaks in the EMUI which I have used in the 6x before. Just like MIUI, Its far more intuitive than some other android skins.

yourkk

Oct 11, 2016
churu

RAM 4GB
Storage 64GB
Battery 3000 mAh

:rolleyes:

gowtham300

May 4, 2016
RQyvKU9.jpg

RAM 4GB
Storage 64GB
Battery 3000 mAh

lets be honest i'll tell anything to win this phone. I can dream about telling so many things but this is a decent phone and would be better than my current one . i would like to win one

arnz

Feb 22, 2015
Guwahati,
surprisingly Honor has done some good job in the smartphone world in the last few years. I would definitely like to try this awesome device if I win it.

Gixchi

Dec 5, 2016
i am using xperia z3 from past few years, and when the screen broke, i paid huge money to get screen fixed, only because the device has XDA support and it get all latest OS support.
If Honor is doing this, then i am interested to buy it as the spec /design looks great for given price. perfect VFM(Value For Money).
cheers.

anyhow2004bc

Nov 8, 2010
Looks good

Currently using an aged Oneplus 2 and looking for an upgrade which the honor 9 lite fits perfectly. Not only is the screen size handy, it is also quite stylish to just carry one.

xavier666

Aug 3, 2013
Kolkata
xavier666.wordpress.com
I'm currently using a OnePlus 3 with Experience OS. However, I wanted to try out a good phone with an OEM UI; EMUI seems quite nice. As per reviews of their previous phone, EMUI seems to be quite lightweight. Another thing that I wanted to try out is their processor. I have been team Snapdragon for a long time, but Kirin seems to be catching up. It seems that they have employed the big.LITTLE architecture on this processor. I want to see how it actually performs in the wild.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! I would like to have this phone and if I win I will support this device with development and I like the open source things from honor as well. Its specs are quite impressive within this range. Currently I have Redmi 4x aka santoni and I am ROM developer for that device as well and currently we have brought OREO for this device while XIAOMI left us without kernel sources on N.

rest depends on my luck :)

Edit
    I don't know if I win or not but thanks to my friends and user for their love towards me, thanks a lot guys for placing me on top I am really honored and in debt of your love guys. :)
    I'm using Pixel 2 XL now and I'm looking forward to advanced quad-camera and awesome infinity display of Honor 9 lite. And of course the headphone jack. I really miss it on Pixel 2 XL ;)

If I win this, I'll support the device by building custom ROMs for it :)

Nitin
    RQyvKU9.jpg

RAM 4GB
    Storage 64GB
    Battery 3000 mAh

Update: winners chosen.
    Hi!.
    I'm having a Motorola G4 Plus(athene) right now for which i develop.
    Just liked how Honor has come up in here to support development.
    Very few OEMs "actually" do this. Being a kernel developer, I'll like to see kernel source being released in accordance to the GPL(Even if they do rn, things change anythime as it happened with Motorola, You guys know :p)
    And Yes, Treble might too speed up the development fast, I saw that you guys included Treble in one of your phone(I think was in beta) but that was really cool of you guys. So, yeah. Specs are on point. No looking forward to them tho :p. All i really wish is kernel sources and Treble.
    Cheers!

If i win, I'll develop Custom ROMs and Kernels :)

PS :- Also the 18:9 display too :)

If you're looking through my history, it ain't big cause i never tried to be on XDA, Telegram was my friend.
    And then, i've just contribute after that :p
    Spammed a little to write a post in the devdb section :p

My G+ has more action than XDA :p
    https://plus.google.com/114932094730434787920
    Difference with my Xperia z5

i don't know if i may or may not win the contest
    but i just to brief the details of comparing with my device xperia Z5

there are few reason why we love sony
    *Theme engine - RRO - Runtime Resource Overlay
    Google had finally took the sony RRO from oreo -- for more check it out from here
    *Camera is the best thing we love from sony
    no other camera is not that good as sony. these days we had various brands come with camera (in-built filters). filters fakes real time picture.
    Where sony come with true vision Exmor-R CMOS sensors that reduces the two step noise in pictures takes. no filters to make it more clear .
    sony come up with inbuilt AR cameras (first in world), First 4K camera , depth auto focus, panorama, time shift and many more.
    23 Mp is max enough to compare with my DSLR.
    The pixel resolution of my xperia z5 is 5536 x 4152
    *Music Player is best out of brand sony (Wlakman)
    enjoying the best music where with DSEE HX with a pre-optimized sound Enhancer - True music and supports RDS
    *CPU
    i believe The same processor of Quad core, Cortex A53 is used in both my sony and honor.
    i just updated speed of processor. and i believe that will be worse experience if you run this processor with 2.36 GHz speed.
    Where 4 core run at a time for incoming and out going. the other remains calm ... had lot other issues with that processor

and there are other reason to get sony...

out of the above (my sony) the device honor is not less than sony
    just for few reasons like cost -- honor is half the price of my xperia z5 with additional features like
    ram 6 gb, internal 64gb, video recording with 3840x2160 @ 30 fps in-depth, 3200 mah battery, expandable upto 256 GB ( i dont use more than 64 so i don't care), 432 ppi depth pixels density.............

missed things are like barometer, RDS, small screen than my z5, screen body ration is less, video recording resolution is good as not with image processing.

So above is almost my best comparison
    hope this would help others to find right things

Regards
    VK
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone