• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Change from G7810 to G781B Please help me

Search This thread

amazinged

Aug 12, 2015
The bad thing about the g7810 version are the updates! Android 11 hasn't arrived yet :cry:
Does anyone know when to update this version?
I didn't see the positive sides from the Android 11 updates until now. saw quite some complaints on the Netherlands when it just came out.

So if we have it a bit later without bugs, it would be 100% ok for me.

What is it btw that you actual miss on Android 10 that 11 would give you ?

Don1003

Dec 6, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Normaly it was supposed to release by February . If they rush out new updates it comes with bugs. Exynos version will get them before snapdragon so I don't mind mind wait a few weeks to get a stable one after they fix some bugs.Android 11 gives double tap to sleep back instead only wake for example.

Niiha

Jan 21, 2021
do not give people false hope, this method will not work.

I can say that it will work 100%
Voice HD+ (EVS full band 128kbit/s) you only need to correct the configuration a little.

And flash G7810 to G781B - not possible!
Hi, Do you can find 5g outsiwe China with g7810 version?

Voice HD+ (EVS full band 128kbit/s) you only need to correct the configuration a little.

Hi, do you can find 5g with g7810 version outside China ?

Ringo90

Sep 22, 2012
ALL European sold S20 FE 5G are 6 GB.
No, some european coutries have the 8 GB RAM version, but only with 256 GB memory and 5G. I have one from the UK Samsung store.

Maybe if you had 7810 with same hardware (5G, Snapdragon, 8/256 etc.) it would be possible to flash but not sure about the 8/128 version since this doesn't exist in Europe.

weezmen

Nov 2, 2006
Hello all. I live in France and just got the S20 FE 5G version G7810 (HK) 8/128.

I have the latest firmware available (SEPF_SM-G7810_11_0010) and all looks to work pretty fine (had to manually install Google Play but works fine). The only issue I have is with 5G. My carrier in France (FREE) only provide 5G on 700mhz band and it looks like the G7810 version does not support it.

Do you know if this is a technical or software limitation ? From the specsheets I have read it looks like the hardware looks almost identical to the European version (expect this version has 8gb of RAM).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I ask you for more precise information if you can give it to me, since you have this variant!
    What are the substantial differences between the G7810 and G781B versions, and the problems with the HK version?

I got no problems with HK version, living in Poland. All works fine.

SM-G780x (LTE)
    SM-G781x (5G)

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

First you pasted some screenshot without showing second one for global version (for which rom is it?)
    Once you say it will work then you say it won't :)

As to WiFi calling I am using it all the time at home with Chinese version.
    Ofcourse I'm not sure about HIS, but MINE is also a 7810 Hong Kong version with 8 GB.

ALL European sold S20 FE 5G are 6 GB.

I'm thinking of buying the hongkong version from Canada. The process of unlocking the bootloader and rooting will be easier in this version right? Will the custom ROMs be compatible with the 8 GB hongkong version?

Otherwise I will go with the Canadian version.
    it is impossible to do
    I am interested too, since I bought a SM-G780 model, which will be delivered to me in the next few days and I would like to carry out the same operation, I have already downloaded the Italian CSC ITV firmware SM-G781B; through Odin, can it be done? The phones have the same features, same processor, change the RAM which in the SM-G780 is 8GB, while in the SM-G781B it is 6GB. Thanks.