• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Change home screen of Chinese Android head unit 8227L

Search This thread

lucianafbatista

Feb 27, 2020
Hi team, I'm new here and I already read some topics but it's not clear for me.

Is it possible change the home screen for Chinese Android head unit 8227L? It's with Android 9.1. My HU is very poor and it's impossible change the layout...only wallpaper.

Someone help me?

dutchcommando

Feb 11, 2020

Is it possible change the home screen for Chinese Android head unit 8227L? It's with Android 9.1. My HU is very poor and it's impossible change the layout...only wallpaper.

Someone help me?

get a launcher from the playstore.
i like FCC and CarWebGuru (i'm using the latter) just download and install and select "always use as homescreen".

you might not be able to find the radio, bluetooth, tpms and other stock apps in the drawer anymore.
if that is the case you need to install the correct apk's to get them visible in your app drawer again.
here are the apk's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/14sodhuv8mvl7g6/stock_apps_for_AHU_%288227L%29.zip/file
download, unzip and copy the needed apk's to your usb stick or sd card.
insert the card/stick in your Head unit browse to the files, click install apk.. and BAM! full working stock apps!

Reactions: oferyuval

oferyuval

Oct 3, 2015
you might not be able to find the radio, bluetooth, tpms and other stock apps in the drawer anymore.
if that is the case you need to install the correct apk's to get them visible in your app drawer again.
here are the apk's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/14sodhuv8mvl7g6/stock_apps_for_AHU_%288227L%29.zip/file
insert the card/stick in your Head unit browse to the files, click install apk.. and BAM! full working stock apps!
Thanks. That is very helpful.
The stock apps on my device are quiet bad. The BT app for example does not sync properly, does not support favorites and has very poor functionality and UI.

How can I change a stock app to a better one ?

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
The stock apps on my device are quiet bad. The BT app for example does not sync properly, does not support favorites and has very poor functionality and UI.

Welcome to the forum. So as you have probably started to notice, the unit you've bought is not up to expectations but fear not, there are plenty of optimizations that can be done to improve the user experience. Feel free to visit this thread for inspiration and of course software that can help you on this journey. And check out the video in my signature that will demonstrate a lot of these improvements.

Reactions: oferyuval

oferyuval

Oct 3, 2015
Welcome to the forum. So as you have probably started to notice, the unit you've bought is not up to expectations but fear not, there are plenty of optimizations that can be done to improve the user experience. Feel free to visit this thread for inspiration and of course software that can help you on this journey. And check out the video in my signature that will demonstrate a lot of these improvements.
Thank you! It looks very promising.

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi everyone. I have 8227l demo android headunit in my car running on android Go 8.1. It has 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM (have verified that it really has these specs). All apps run fine but Google Maps app works very slow, lags too much. Kindly anyone guide me how to fine tune the headunit for a better & smooth speed of Google Maps working. Thanks

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Hi everyone. I have 8227l demo android headunit in my car running on android Go 8.1. It has 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM (have verified that it really has these specs). All apps run fine but Google Maps app works very slow, lags too much. Kindly anyone guide me how to fine tune the headunit for a better & smooth speed of Google Maps working. Thanks

This is a common problem with these units in general. What you need is a modified firmware then root. You can speed up your head unit considerably this way.

Check out the video in my signature and at 1:54 you can see the speed of Google Maps but on a 1Gb RAM unit.

Reactions: AlphaBravo

AlphaBravo

Dec 22, 2010
Islamabad
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Please recommend me according to my Headunit's specs, How to root it dear?
@iceblue1980
IMG_20210803_164855.jpg

Last edited:

kapilamuni

Aug 7, 2021
Hi,
I installed Joying android unit JY-UQS03N4G, and it worked okay. But now it does not recognize both the USB ports and Im unable to connect via USB.
Your advise appreciated.

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
What can I do with my device to get the best out of it? What do you recommend bro?

Well, it all depends on your skill level. Here is what I'm doing to these devices as part of my charity project (you can find more info here)

HARDWARE MODS

1. Installation of TDA7729 sound processing chip (if not present) - without it Fade and EQ do not work

2. Boost the sound quality of the onboard radio and sound effects (exchanging SMD components)

3. Installation of TDA7850 amplifier powered by external 18v power supply (custom built by myself) as well as replacement of capacitors controlling the bass and the treble. Active, temperature-controlled cooling system with additional heatsinks to ensure the proper heat dissipation - this requires modding the case internally as well.

4. WIFI antenna - increasing the average download speed from 1-2 Mbit to 30-40 Mbit

5. Vastly improving the microphone quality by removing the internal mic and replacing it either with a better internal mic or an external one.

6. Proper heatsink on the CPU that feeds into the aluminium case

SOFTWARE MODS

1. Installation of custom firmware (normally publicly available on 4PDA)

2. TWRP recovery

3. Root

4. Viper4Android - massive sound improvement in combination with the TDA7850 mod described above

5. Custom UI and startup logo (boot animation)

6. Speed hacks using root to greatly improve the performance of the head unit

Much more can be done as well, things like installing SDcard reader, AHD chip, RDS radio and other cool stuff.

Hope this answers your question

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What can I do with my device to get the best out of it? What do you recommend bro?

Well, it all depends on your skill level. Here is what I'm doing to these devices as part of my charity project (you can find more info here)

HARDWARE MODS

1. Installation of TDA7729 sound processing chip (if not present) - without it Fade and EQ do not work

2. Boost the sound quality of the onboard radio and sound effects (exchanging SMD components)

3. Installation of TDA7850 amplifier powered by external 18v power supply (custom built by myself) as well as replacement of capacitors controlling the bass and the treble. Active, temperature-controlled cooling system with additional heatsinks to ensure the proper heat dissipation - this requires modding the case internally as well.

4. WIFI antenna - increasing the average download speed from 1-2 Mbit to 30-40 Mbit

5. Vastly improving the microphone quality by removing the internal mic and replacing it either with a better internal mic or an external one.

6. Proper heatsink on the CPU that feeds into the aluminium case

SOFTWARE MODS

1. Installation of custom firmware (normally publicly available on 4PDA)

2. TWRP recovery

3. Root

4. Viper4Android - massive sound improvement in combination with the TDA7850 mod described above

5. Custom UI and startup logo (boot animation)

6. Speed hacks using root to greatly improve the performance of the head unit

Much more can be done as well, things like installing SDcard reader, AHD chip, RDS radio and other cool stuff.

Hope this answers your question

Someone help me?

get a launcher from the playstore.
    i like FCC and CarWebGuru (i'm using the latter) just download and install and select "always use as homescreen".

This is a common problem with these units in general. What you need is a modified firmware then root. You can speed up your head unit considerably this way.

Check out the video in my signature and at 1:54 you can see the speed of Google Maps but on a 1Gb RAM unit.
    Where

Thanks for replying. Where can I find that video dude?