Question Change lockscreen clock!!!

Search This thread

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
So I am sure this has been asked many times, I just cant seem to find it, lol.

I hate the digital square clock thing on the lock screen and from what I can tell and read there is not an easy way to change this. Nice!!

I am rooted, any suggestions on how to change this to a normal digital or analog clock? I am not sure why would there not be an option for something as SIMPLE as this?

I hear this changed in Android 12, but in 13, its a new "feature"?

Reactions: swieder711

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The only way to change it currently is to leg l leave some kind of notification as unminimized. I know in another thread in this section someone mentioned a particular app for creating a dummy notification you can leave displaying all the time. Having a notification that displays on the lockscreen makes the lockscreen small as in screenshot below.

Now if you don't let notifications display on your lockscreen, then there's nothing you can do about it for now (until / if someone finds a way).

Screenshot_20211227-222452.png

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
Thanks, will look into that. Any idea WHY this would be restricted this way, lol?

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am not sure why would there not be an option for something as SIMPLE as this?

With A12 Google removed a lot of the customization options we once had, such as setting a specific icon layout in the status bar and choosing a font style. Samsung still retains these features.

In A12 the lock screen clock is new, while in A13 there is supposedly new options being developed that will allow you to change the display format. It may also arrive in A12L.

Your best bet is to install a 3rd party AOD app to customize your lock screen or wait for a custom ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only way to change it currently is to leg l leave some kind of notification as unminimized. I know in another thread in this section someone mentioned a particular app for creating a dummy notification you can leave displaying all the time. Having a notification that displays on the lockscreen makes the lockscreen small as in screenshot below.

Now if you don't let notifications display on your lockscreen, then there's nothing you can do about it for now (until / if someone finds a way).

Screenshot_20211227-222452.png
    So I am sure this has been asked many times, I just cant seem to find it, lol.

I hate the digital square clock thing on the lock screen and from what I can tell and read there is not an easy way to change this. Nice!!

I am rooted, any suggestions on how to change this to a normal digital or analog clock? I am not sure why would there not be an option for something as SIMPLE as this?

You can try AODNotify or