Question Change my mind: I bought a Xiaomi Mi 11 but I dislike MIUI

Search This thread

-PaRRoT-

Jan 12, 2008
Hi all. I recently bought my first Xiaomi phone taking advantage of a launch offer on Amazon Italy (phone + Xiaomi Mi Smartwatch for 650 euros instead of 830 euros).
I was happy to have a device with a Snapdragon 888 processor, a super camera and an excellent 120 Hz screen but it took a few hours of use to realize that the biggest flaw of this device is the operating system.
I have been using Google or OnePlus phones for years, currently I also have a OnePlus 8 and I must say that the switch from OxygenOS to MIUI was devastating.
Handling background apps and notifications is awful. Often the notifications are not grouped or are identified correctly (those of Telegram are associated with a contact even if they are from another), in the background applications I find the same application several times. Using a "Pixel Experience" theme didn't improve that.
I prefer a device that is more like stock Android than a badly made iPhone.
I think about returning the product to Amazon but I'm here to ask you: why should I keep it? Am I wrong with my approach?
Help me make the right decision. Thank you.

mali301262

Apr 26, 2016
Hi all. I recently bought my first Xiaomi phone taking advantage of a launch offer on Amazon Italy (phone + Xiaomi Mi Smartwatch for 650 euros instead of 830 euros).
I was happy to have a device with a Snapdragon 888 processor, a super camera and an excellent 120 Hz screen but it took a few hours of use to realize that the biggest flaw of this device is the operating system.
I have been using Google or OnePlus phones for years, currently I also have a OnePlus 8 and I must say that the switch from OxygenOS to MIUI was devastating.
Handling background apps and notifications is awful. Often the notifications are not grouped or are identified correctly (those of Telegram are associated with a contact even if they are from another), in the background applications I find the same application several times. Using a "Pixel Experience" theme didn't improve that.
I think about returning the product to Amazon but I'm here to ask you: why should I keep it? Am I wrong with my approach?
I dislike MIUI as you. Nevertheless i use Xiaomi phones since 4 years. I use the developer rom (weekly) from Xiaomi.eu in combination with nova launcher. I like the multiple options (extras) of the rom based of latest android, the removed ads and bloadware and their grandiose community/ forums for the rom and the phones.

weekly
phone
or parallel thread

Last edited:
Reactions: RoughNeck1971

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
Wellcome to the club 🙂
You are on the righ place.
Here you can learn how to customize the hell out of your device. I also use "Nova" launcher and that makes experience so much better for the start. And I apply "viral" custom icon theme pack across all of the apps.
In time developers will start releasing custom roms here that are maybe for your needs and likes. So just be patient and you will fall in love in Xiaomi and the device. No need to return it, it a good device that will just become better in the near future with upcoming updates. There is a 12.5 update coming sometime in April which will have much improvement in many segments.

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina

Ciao compa' 😁
Coming from a Pixel 4XL and yes: devastating.
Using Nova Launcher or installing Xiaomi.eu will solve none of the problems that you are having. Actually Xiaomi.eu, even if based on 12.5, may make experience worts since you'll get Xiaomi apps for browser, dialer, contacts etc. Although Xiaomi.eu does not have the notification problems that you, me and everyone else with a EU Android 11 ROM is having, also on Mi10T phones.

If you contact me via pm I can try to provide some hints to ease the pain...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wellcome to the club 🙂
    You are on the righ place.
    Here you can learn how to customize the hell out of your device. I also use "Nova" launcher and that makes experience so much better for the start. And I apply "viral" custom icon theme pack across all of the apps.
    In time developers will start releasing custom roms here that are maybe for your needs and likes. So just be patient and you will fall in love in Xiaomi and the device. No need to return it, it a good device that will just become better in the near future with upcoming updates. There is a 12.5 update coming sometime in April which will have much improvement in many segments.
    I dislike MIUI as you. Nevertheless i use Xiaomi phones since 4 years. I use the developer rom (weekly) from Xiaomi.eu in combination with nova launcher. I like the multiple options (extras) of the rom based of latest android, the removed ads and bloadware and their grandiose community/ forums for the rom and the phones.

weekly
    phone
    or parallel thread
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone