• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Change Screen Lock Type

Search This thread

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
So I have set a PIN and also recorded biometric data (Fingerprints and Face). The
PIN seems to be the default method. Is there any way to make either my fingerprint
or face recognition the default (w/PIN as backup)? It's not obvious
TIA

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
it will always want your pin at bootup. after that biometrics should take over if they're stil turned on.

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
it will always want your pin at bootup. after that biometrics should take over if they're stil turned on.
Does not behave like that. For example if I turn screen off using a double tap, then when I touch the screen to turn it on it still wants the PIN after I swipe up???? It says "Enter your PIN as required by the security policy" ??

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Does not behave like that. For example if I turn screen off using a double tap, then when I touch the screen to turn it on it still wants the PIN after I swipe up???? It says "Enter your PIN as required by the security policy" ??
that's new to me. maybe you've selected something I've never used, secure folder or something like that !?