• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Change screen saturation

Search This thread

JakeTheDane

Sep 13, 2021
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to change the saturation on the Sony Xperia 1 III

I'm used to setting a high saturation on All my screens since i love when colors pop

So i find the screen rather dull to look at, especially in games.

Changing the normal white balance doesn't really satisfy me as it doesn't make the screen more vibrant

Thanks for any help :)

decomposed

Feb 21, 2011
Wrocław, Poland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hi,
in past, for older xperia devices there was "vivid mode' within screen options in settings.

Unfortunately, sone as a company obsessed to remove features and options its fans loved decided to remove this feature among the others too.

Now we have only normal and washed out (creator) modes...

The only thing is to e-mail official sony support hoping they will pass this info to sony xperia software division internally.

Tbh, on a software level what sony does with its devices is horrible. Thank's god I was able to download sony album app from Internet and it works. This app was removed too... If it didn't work for me, I would return this device. Now happy with having sony album.

Unfortunately screen vivid mode was not an app but just integrated setting :(
I am missing it too.