Question Change Stock Firmware for T-Mobile F711U/1 US FLIP 3?

Search This thread

ZiddyCat

Dec 16, 2021
Hey folks, recently picked up one of the Flip 3s from T-Mobile on their magenta plan thing. I have desperately been trying to figure out how to change the stock firmware so I could hopefully root it, but nothing is working so far. I'd settle just for being able to change, not root at this point.

Using ODIN I've been able to flash different versions of the T-Mobile firmware, including from what I think is F711U to F711U1 and even a USC one I think, but any attempt at flashing XAA fails and I'm not sure why.

Does anybody know if it's possible to install non T-Mobile stock rom on this, or better yet, also root it?

Thanks in advance if anybody can offer any advice.

thephoenix07

Dec 14, 2021
are you trying to unlock it?
i’ve got the device in the same plan too and looking for a way to unlock it so i can use it with another SIM

ErvinGold

Dec 16, 2021
яno such an experience, but it could be useful for me. I am waiting for some competent answers here

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
Hey folks, recently picked up one of the Flip 3s from T-Mobile on their magenta plan thing. I have desperately been trying to figure out how to change the stock firmware so I could hopefully root it, but nothing is working so far. I'd settle just for being able to change, not root at this point.

Using ODIN I've been able to flash different versions of the T-Mobile firmware, including from what I think is F711U to F711U1 and even a USC one I think, but any attempt at flashing XAA fails and I'm not sure why.

Does anybody know if it's possible to install non T-Mobile stock rom on this, or better yet, also root it?

Thanks in advance if anybody can offer any advice.
What ODIN are you using and I'm assuming it is on Bit 1?

ZiddyCat

Dec 16, 2021
What ODIN are you using and I'm assuming it is on Bit 1?
I had accidentally gone up to bit 2 but using an odin that let me flash regardless of model mismatch I managed to get the most recent version of the stock firmware on it anyway. So now I no longer have to deal with the t-mobile bloat on top of it at least.

It's sad these things probably won't be rootable for a while but I can at least live with that.

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
I had accidentally gone up to bit 2 but using an odin that let me flash regardless of model mismatch I managed to get the most recent version of the stock firmware on it anyway. So now I no longer have to deal with the t-mobile bloat on top of it at least.

It's sad these things probably won't be rootable for a while but I can at least live with that.
So you got it to U1 then?