Changing a region of a device .(For example, change a EUROPA device to INDIA device)(Updated Instructions, now working again)

Search This thread

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Disclaimer :
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Please think twice if you want to follow this guide .

Realme x2 pro INDIA variant have more apps, settings and features then the EU variant including call recording and theme manager but both of them use the same firmware, same files .
Realme hidden and reveal apps, setting and features based of a region that they set on the device, the region is not the one that you set on the setting of the phone. I have a EU phone and it does not have call recorder and theme manager. As I wanted these features I unlocked my phone, root it and find a way to reveal the call recorder and theme manager by editing some files in the System/etc folder. If you want to do it ,follow this guide- https://xdaforums.com/realme-x2-pro/themes/how-to-theme-store-apps-eu-phone-t4128931 It works great but not all want to unlocked their phones and root it .Also this does not reveal all the setting available on the INDIA variant .
I read about a way to change the region of a realme x3 superzoom on Zacharee1 thread . As I understand He wanted to change his phone region because he got carrier locked phone and it block him from unlocking the bootloader of his phone. Realme carrier locked phones give you a error when you try to unlock the bootloader using the realme in depth app. This should work on phones with locked bootloader, which mean no root is needed .
I wanted to check if this way works on our device and wanted to test if it will reveal a dual wi-fi option that many realme x2 pro users reported to be missing on their phones .
First I tested on my device, a realme x2 pro EU variant with unlocked bootloader, my phone already have the dual wi-fi .
After doing the instruction that Zacharee1 written, It works. it let me choose a region. When I enter to the region selecting I saw that my phone region is "EUROPE EUEX" . I tried to change it to India and it reboot my phone . After booting the phone got many new apps and new settings .
For testing the missing dual wi-fi option I contacted a realme user that does not have this setting .He tried to do the same producer and the region of his device is the same has mine, "EUROPE EUEX" .He tried to change it to India and MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX but it does not reveal the dual wi-fi .This lead me to believe that this is not cause of a different software . I believe that phones that do not have the dual wi-fi do not have the hardware to do it .Maybe realme does not include it in some phones and do not write or change the model version .

Note before following this guide , I only tested two regions , "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and "IN INDIA" . I do not recommenced to change to any region that has Mobile phone operator company name next to it .
This should not wipe any files in your internal storage, it can delete your wi-fi saved passwords and apn .
Updated Instructions to change to region of the phone. Must have a wifi connection, it does not working with wired connection .
1. Download the Oppo_Free_Unlock_v1.0.zip file from this link - https://mega.nz/file/dUkSxSQS#UbZ82aaef9VBZUOLa8u-yU-Srdu6I0AGufEx02KSoqM , then extract them . virustotal scan 1/63 ,should be safe to download- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...9cde13034cdbd8b834855eae8594d166037/detection
2. You need to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
Now you need to change some setting in your windows computer .
3.Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters category.
4.Disable all your ethernet adapters except the wifi adapter .
5.Click on the action tab, then choose add legacy hardware.
6.Click next.
7.Choose install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click next.
8.Click network adapters, then click next.
9.Select Microsoft and choose Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter, then click next.
10.Click next, then click finish.
11.In the device manager,browse the Network adapters and double click on Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter to open its properties.
12. Go to the Advanced tab and find the Network Address option
13.Click the blank chackbox and paste 704D7B61ABCD in the text box .
14.Close the properties window and close Device Manager.
15.Go to where you extracted the unlock tools. Open Sec5.exe.
16.Make sure your device is in MTP mode, and then press the Unlock button.
17.After about a second, a string of numbers and letters should show up in the left pane. A few seconds later, "OK" should start flashing in the right pane. Press "Stop unlocking" and close the window.
18. Open the phone app on your device and dial *#3954391#. Then dial *#391#. A screen should come up with a whole bunch of regions listed. Take a look which region is marked in green, this is your current region .Write it that you can go back if you want .
19. Now you can choose any region you want, I tested two, "IN INDIA" AND "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX"
Your phone should now reboot. Once it's rebooted, your region will have changed .
Every time you changed region and want to change it again you need to use the software .You can get a code that you can use every time to change the region instead of using this software every time . Update- one person report that this code(token) wont work for every time as his STAMP code changed .
For this you need to .
Open the dialer app , dial *#9434# ,press authtokendecrypt .You will see a IMEI and STAMP. Open the Sec5.exe and write the IMEI and STAMP shown on your phone in the blank space of the IMEI and STAMP in the software and press Generate a token, you will see a string of numbers and letters, write it on the token blank text box and click authtokendecrypt .Now you will see every text written in green .Now you can follow the steps in the guide, but do only step 11 and 12 .The Token that the software gave you is the same code that you need to enter in the *#9434# every time you want to change region so you do not need to use the software ever again .

For those that only want to reveal theme store and call recording I recommend to change the region to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and choose regular country that support call recording like South Africa,Vietnam,Taiwan,Tunisia,Thailand,Singapore,
Russia and much more in the setting of the phone .
For those that want theme store and all the apps and settings that the INDIA variant has change to "IN INDIA" .
@goitalone reported that after changing from "IN INDIA" to "Netherlands T-mobile" gave him much better call quality .He had very bad call quality on his original region - "IN INDIA" . Also he was able to change his region again after he changed to "Netherlands T-mobile" but he got error when he dial *#3954391#, the error does not block him from changing the region .

Detailed explanation about realme call recording blocking
Realme implement the call recording blocking in really complex way . I will try to simplify this .
My device original internal region is "EUROPE EUEX" . On this region you can not enable call recording no matter which country you choose on your phone setting(Without root). The region "EUROPE EUEX" block this option .On the other end if you change it to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX", this region wont block this option but realme implemented one more way that block the call recording option .The call recorder option is hidden or shown by the country that you choose in the setting . There are many countries that you can choose to enable call recording so this is not a issue .Some countries that wont block call receding are South Africa,Vietnam,Taiwan,Tunisia,Thailand,Singapore,
Russia and much more, you can just change the country in the setting, close and open dialer and if it does not block it you will see the call recording option, you even do not need to reboot the phone .
This blocking way this time is implemented by files in system\etc\oppoRegionFeatures .There is files for each country . If the file has the line "oppo.phone.nodisplayrecord" in it and you choose this country in the setting the call recording will be not available. If you have root you can edit the file for enabling it for countries that block the call recording .You just need to remove the line "oppo.phone.nodisplayrecord" in the country that you want .
For other region like "IN INDIA" I do not remember if you need to choose countries that does not block call recording but I do remember that if you choose countries that do not block call recording it will be available .
I prefer to use "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" as this have less apps that I do not need and It has theme manager that I use .

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
hi thanks but i got error connection problem or mmi code

I had one of my tester with the same issue, I do not know why this happen, it maybe can be a PC issue with the software or that the software block the network because of location . The tester gave me his IMEI and stamp code and I gave him the token that the software gave me. If you want I can do the same for you. Do it only if you really want, I do not want to pressure you to send me anything. If yes, send me a private message for this .Do not write it on this thread.

Reactions: dav9597

Vilches

Aug 16, 2015
hola, cuando pongo el codigo *#3954391# me pone "se ha producido un problema de conexion o el codigo mmi no es valido"
en ajustes no tengo para elegir region, solo para el idioma.
tengo la version c29

{Mod amend: Translation here}

Last edited by a moderator:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
hola, cuando pongo el codigo *#3954391# me pone "se ha producido un problema de conexion o el codigo mmi no es valido"
en ajustes no tengo para elegir region, solo para el idioma.
tengo la version c29
Please edit the message to English language and tell me if you get ok in the Sec5.exe software(see the image that I attached) or enter the token and got green text in all four lines . If you do not get, it wont work .

Attachments

• 111133.jpg
    111133.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,500

Vilches

Aug 16, 2015
If sec5.exe gives me ok I have the 4 lines in green, I entered the IMEI and stamp and put the token, that is, the 4 lines in green were unlocked. The problem is to put the code * # 3954391 # that gives me that error, so it won't let me change region

or965

Mar 2, 2013
If sec5.exe gives me ok I have the 4 lines in green, I entered the IMEI and stamp and put the token, that is, the 4 lines in green were unlocked. The problem is to put the code * # 3954391 # that gives me that error, so it won't let me change region
I never experienced it, I just put *#3954391# , then I write *#391# and it open the a page that you can change the region.

Vilches

Aug 16, 2015
I did it the first time, and I put Thailand region true.
But I wanted to change to another region and it gives me that error

or965

Mar 2, 2013
I did it the first time, and I put Thailand region true.
But I wanted to change to another region and it gives me that error
I do not tested changing to Thailand or any region that has Mobile phone operator company name next to it .
As I written I only tested "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and "IN INDIA"

Vilches

Aug 16, 2015
Well, I did not fall into that detail, it may be because of that.
Thank you very much for your help
I will continue testing.

fyritp

Mar 10, 2016
Does this affec the OTA updates?
can we still receive the latest OTA updates if we change the region?
And if no how can we get back to EU region?

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Does this procedure apply only to stock ROM?
Yes.
Does this affec the OTA updates?
can we still receive the latest OTA updates if we change the region?
And if no how can we get back to EU region?
You just do the guide again or do as I written in the thread. Please read the whole guide before doing it .
"Every time you changed region and want to change it again you need to use the software .You can get a code that you can use every time to change the region instead of using this software every time .
For this you need to .
Open the dialer app , dial *#9434# ,press authtokendecrypt .You will see a IMEI and STAMP. Open the Sec5.exe and write the IMEI and STAMP shown on your phone in the blank space of the IMEI and STAMP in the software and press Generate a token, you will see a string of numbers and letters, write it on the token blank text box and click authtokendecrypt .Now you will see every text written in green .Now you can follow the steps in the guide, but do only step 11 and 12 .The Token that the software gave you is the same code that you need to enter in the *#9434# every time you want to change region so you do not need to use the software ever again ."

About OTA, I did not test it but most likely you will get ota accordingly to the region that you change .India and EU is the same firmware but maybe they get ota in different time . If you do not get ota ,maybe if you will revert to your original region you will get a ota . I changed region several times between "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and "IN INDIA" .

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
Yes.

You just do the guide again or do as I written in the thread. Please read the whole guide before doing it .
"Every time you changed region and want to change it again you need to use the software .You can get a code that you can use every time to change the region instead of using this software every time .
For this you need to .
Open the dialer app , dial *#9434# ,press authtokendecrypt .You will see a IMEI and STAMP. Open the Sec5.exe and write the IMEI and STAMP shown on your phone in the blank space of the IMEI and STAMP in the software and press Generate a token, you will see a string of numbers and letters, write it on the token blank text box and click authtokendecrypt .Now you will see every text written in green .Now you can follow the steps in the guide, but do only step 11 and 12 .The Token that the software gave you is the same code that you need to enter in the *#9434# every time you want to change region so you do not need to use the software ever again ."

About OTA, I did not test it but most likely you will get ota accordingly to the region that you change .India and EU is the same firmware but maybe they get ota in different time . If you do not get ota ,maybe if you will revert to your original region you will get a ota . I changed region several times between "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and "IN INDIA" .

Do you need to use software at LEAST ONCE to get all green?

Mine aren't all green.

Also, do I need to be connected to pc each time for token to work or no?

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
Was able to switch back after new Token to original india region confirmed, yes!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-13-05-47-58-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-13-05-47-58-42.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,066

ZeroPDA

Jan 14, 2009
Will it reset the phone during the process of changing the region with deleting all the apps?

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
Nope, it did take away the only one of crappy apps that came pre-installed/pre-activated (Game Space I think it was called) that I wasn't able to disable using adb commands I found on a different forum, so I am happy with that as well as now people are able to hear me during phone calls after switching from India IN to Netherlands T-mobile, yet the quality is still not great, at least it works.

Use Google Voice mostly anyways but, don't like when things aren't working on my phone either.

EDIT:

After switching regions, I actually found that I also seemingly had to switch APN's briefly and then back again for my microphone to work again during calls.

That's what seemingly happened but, I'm not sure exactly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroPDA

ZeroPDA

Jan 14, 2009
I need only Call Recording button. What region you suggest me to switch to?
As I understand after switching to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" I will have Call Recorder and get rid of Game Space (I don't need this app).
But how switching to other region affects quality of the call? Will it somehow decrease if I switch to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer :
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Please think twice if you want to follow this guide .

Realme x2 pro INDIA variant have more apps, settings and features then the EU variant including call recording and theme manager but both of them use the same firmware, same files .
    Realme hidden and reveal apps, setting and features based of a region that they set on the device, the region is not the one that you set on the setting of the phone. I have a EU phone and it does not have call recorder and theme manager. As I wanted these features I unlocked my phone, root it and find a way to reveal the call recorder and theme manager by editing some files in the System/etc folder. If you want to do it ,follow this guide- https://xdaforums.com/realme-x2-pro/themes/how-to-theme-store-apps-eu-phone-t4128931 It works great but not all want to unlocked their phones and root it .Also this does not reveal all the setting available on the INDIA variant .
    I read about a way to change the region of a realme x3 superzoom on Zacharee1 thread . As I understand He wanted to change his phone region because he got carrier locked phone and it block him from unlocking the bootloader of his phone. Realme carrier locked phones give you a error when you try to unlock the bootloader using the realme in depth app. This should work on phones with locked bootloader, which mean no root is needed .
    I wanted to check if this way works on our device and wanted to test if it will reveal a dual wi-fi option that many realme x2 pro users reported to be missing on their phones .
    First I tested on my device, a realme x2 pro EU variant with unlocked bootloader, my phone already have the dual wi-fi .
    After doing the instruction that Zacharee1 written, It works. it let me choose a region. When I enter to the region selecting I saw that my phone region is "EUROPE EUEX" . I tried to change it to India and it reboot my phone . After booting the phone got many new apps and new settings .
    For testing the missing dual wi-fi option I contacted a realme user that does not have this setting .He tried to do the same producer and the region of his device is the same has mine, "EUROPE EUEX" .He tried to change it to India and MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX but it does not reveal the dual wi-fi .This lead me to believe that this is not cause of a different software . I believe that phones that do not have the dual wi-fi do not have the hardware to do it .Maybe realme does not include it in some phones and do not write or change the model version .

Note before following this guide , I only tested two regions , "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and "IN INDIA" . I do not recommenced to change to any region that has Mobile phone operator company name next to it .
    This should not wipe any files in your internal storage, it can delete your wi-fi saved passwords and apn .
    Updated Instructions to change to region of the phone. Must have a wifi connection, it does not working with wired connection .
    1. Download the Oppo_Free_Unlock_v1.0.zip file from this link - https://mega.nz/file/dUkSxSQS#UbZ82aaef9VBZUOLa8u-yU-Srdu6I0AGufEx02KSoqM , then extract them . virustotal scan 1/63 ,should be safe to download- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...9cde13034cdbd8b834855eae8594d166037/detection
    2. You need to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
    Now you need to change some setting in your windows computer .
    3.Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters category.
    4.Disable all your ethernet adapters except the wifi adapter .
    5.Click on the action tab, then choose add legacy hardware.
    6.Click next.
    7.Choose install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click next.
    8.Click network adapters, then click next.
    9.Select Microsoft and choose Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter, then click next.
    10.Click next, then click finish.
    11.In the device manager,browse the Network adapters and double click on Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter to open its properties.
    12. Go to the Advanced tab and find the Network Address option
    13.Click the blank chackbox and paste 704D7B61ABCD in the text box .
    14.Close the properties window and close Device Manager.
    15.Go to where you extracted the unlock tools. Open Sec5.exe.
    16.Make sure your device is in MTP mode, and then press the Unlock button.
    17.After about a second, a string of numbers and letters should show up in the left pane. A few seconds later, "OK" should start flashing in the right pane. Press "Stop unlocking" and close the window.
    18. Open the phone app on your device and dial *#3954391#. Then dial *#391#. A screen should come up with a whole bunch of regions listed. Take a look which region is marked in green, this is your current region .Write it that you can go back if you want .
    19. Now you can choose any region you want, I tested two, "IN INDIA" AND "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX"
    Your phone should now reboot. Once it's rebooted, your region will have changed .
    Every time you changed region and want to change it again you need to use the software .You can get a code that you can use every time to change the region instead of using this software every time . Update- one person report that this code(token) wont work for every time as his STAMP code changed .
    For this you need to .
    Open the dialer app , dial *#9434# ,press authtokendecrypt .You will see a IMEI and STAMP. Open the Sec5.exe and write the IMEI and STAMP shown on your phone in the blank space of the IMEI and STAMP in the software and press Generate a token, you will see a string of numbers and letters, write it on the token blank text box and click authtokendecrypt .Now you will see every text written in green .Now you can follow the steps in the guide, but do only step 11 and 12 .The Token that the software gave you is the same code that you need to enter in the *#9434# every time you want to change region so you do not need to use the software ever again .

For those that only want to reveal theme store and call recording I recommend to change the region to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and choose regular country that support call recording like South Africa,Vietnam,Taiwan,Tunisia,Thailand,Singapore,
    Russia and much more in the setting of the phone .
    For those that want theme store and all the apps and settings that the INDIA variant has change to "IN INDIA" .
    @goitalone reported that after changing from "IN INDIA" to "Netherlands T-mobile" gave him much better call quality .He had very bad call quality on his original region - "IN INDIA" . Also he was able to change his region again after he changed to "Netherlands T-mobile" but he got error when he dial *#3954391#, the error does not block him from changing the region .

Detailed explanation about realme call recording blocking
    Realme implement the call recording blocking in really complex way . I will try to simplify this .
    My device original internal region is "EUROPE EUEX" . On this region you can not enable call recording no matter which country you choose on your phone setting(Without root). The region "EUROPE EUEX" block this option .On the other end if you change it to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX", this region wont block this option but realme implemented one more way that block the call recording option .The call recorder option is hidden or shown by the country that you choose in the setting . There are many countries that you can choose to enable call recording so this is not a issue .Some countries that wont block call receding are South Africa,Vietnam,Taiwan,Tunisia,Thailand,Singapore,
    Russia and much more, you can just change the country in the setting, close and open dialer and if it does not block it you will see the call recording option, you even do not need to reboot the phone .
    This blocking way this time is implemented by files in system\etc\oppoRegionFeatures .There is files for each country . If the file has the line "oppo.phone.nodisplayrecord" in it and you choose this country in the setting the call recording will be not available. If you have root you can edit the file for enabling it for countries that block the call recording .You just need to remove the line "oppo.phone.nodisplayrecord" in the country that you want .
    For other region like "IN INDIA" I do not remember if you need to choose countries that does not block call recording but I do remember that if you choose countries that do not block call recording it will be available .
    I prefer to use "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" as this have less apps that I do not need and It has theme manager that I use .
    hi thanks but i got error connection problem or mmi code

I had one of my tester with the same issue, I do not know why this happen, it maybe can be a PC issue with the software or that the software block the network because of location . The tester gave me his IMEI and stamp code and I gave him the token that the software gave me. If you want I can do the same for you. Do it only if you really want, I do not want to pressure you to send me anything. If yes, send me a private message for this .Do not write it on this thread.
    Nope, it did take away the only one of crappy apps that came pre-installed/pre-activated (Game Space I think it was called) that I wasn't able to disable using adb commands I found on a different forum, so I am happy with that as well as now people are able to hear me during phone calls after switching from India IN to Netherlands T-mobile, yet the quality is still not great, at least it works.

Use Google Voice mostly anyways but, don't like when things aren't working on my phone either.

EDIT:

After switching regions, I actually found that I also seemingly had to switch APN's briefly and then back again for my microphone to work again during calls.

That's what seemingly happened but, I'm not sure exactly.
    I need only Call Recording button. What region you suggest me to switch to?
    As I understand after switching to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" I will have Call Recorder and get rid of Game Space (I don't need this app).

My device original internal region is "EUROPE EUEX" . On this region you can not enable call recording no matter which country you choose on your phone setting(Without root). The region "EUROPE EUEX" block this option .On the other end if you change it to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX", this region wont block this option but realme implemented one more way that block the call recording option .The call recorder option is hidden or shown by the country that you choose in the setting . There are many countries that you can choose to enable call recording so this is not a issue .Some countries that wont block call receding are South Africa,Vietnam,Taiwan,Tunisia,Thailand,Singapore,Russia and much more, you can just change the country in the setting, close and open dialer and if it does not block it you will see the call recording option, you even do not need to reboot the phone .

But how switching to other region affects quality of the call? Will it somehow decrease if I switch to "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX"?
    For me there is zero change in call quality by changing the region . The call quality is good on both "MULTILINGUAL VERSION EX" and "IN INDIA" . @goitalone reported that after changing from "IN INDIA" to "Netherlands T-mobile" gave much better call quality .He had very bad call quality on his original region - "IN INDIA" . I think that this is very Mobile phone operator specific issue and if you got good call quality, changing region wont affect the call quality for any region that does not that has Mobile phone operator company name next to it .