Changing boot logo (logo.bin) program

Search This thread

Dinsdale247

Mar 29, 2014
Victoria BC
No Images Shown

Hello,

I have tried this little application but the logo.bin file for a OnePlus One from both Cyanogen and ColorOS don't seem to show any files. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I was also unable to find the post that discussed the files format (apparently in themes and apps?).

Interestingly, the file claimed to be 9.1 MB in size but when I zipped it up to attach, it came to only 104 KB. Maybe it is empty?

Dinsdale

Attachments

• logo.zip
    104 KB · Views: 231

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
Hello,

I have tried this little application but the logo.bin file for a OnePlus One from both Cyanogen and ColorOS don't seem to show any files. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I was also unable to find the post that discussed the files format (apparently in themes and apps?).

Interestingly, the file claimed to be 9.1 MB in size but when I zipped it up to attach, it came to only 104 KB. Maybe it is empty?

Dinsdale

Your logo file has its own format which differs from mediatek file format.
But it is not too hard. It has various sizes images with 3 bytes color encoding. So Logobuilder can't correctly unpack them.

PS. Sorry for answering so long.

This is the first attemt of opening the file. Image is distorted because of three bytes color encodng (Logobuilder works with two bytes).

Attachments

• OneplusDistorted.PNG
    OneplusDistorted.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: iamme23

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
Hi ankadnikov,
I have tested your app in new Mtk 6752 but it seems have some problem with the resolution of their images...
Untill now your program was compatible to all mtk logo... But not now with this new soc.
All the images seems not right recognised... I will send to you the logo.Bin and you will understand well.
http://d-h.st/QgMK
I don't know if you will do some upgrade to your good program.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
Hi ankadnikov,
I have tested your app in new Mtk 6752 but it seems have some problem with the resolution of their images...
Untill now your program was compatible to all mtk logo... But not now with this new soc.
All the images seems not right recognised... I will send to you the logo.Bin and you will understand well.
http://d-h.st/QgMK
I don't know if you will do some upgrade to your good program.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

This problem will be solved in the next program version. I have a lot of work at this time, so you need to wait a little.

Reactions: ghost45

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
New version released.

Update 11.03.2015 (version 1.6)
1) Added 32bit color depth support (MTK67xx platform)
2) Enchanced image size autodetect algorithm
3) Transited to .NET Framework 4.0.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajiththiruvatta

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
Hi there ..im using wiko rainbow v10 a120 clone . How to find my boot logo.bin ..please help me

If your phone is rooted you can get it via adb. Download this file and start get_logo.bat.
Otherwise download original firmware for flashtool and you'll find your logo.bin there.

Attachments

• get_logo.rar
    395.5 KB · Views: 261

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
[email protected]
zopo zp920 new 6752 64 bit

New version released.

Hi Ankadnikov,
the update does not run properly for zopo zp920 new 6752 64 bit
i see all the files estracted called blockXX .dat
no others file image .
i wait for your answer

this is the file:
http://d-h.st/SFoo

Last edited:

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
Hi Ankadnikov,
the update does not run properly for zopo zp920 new 6752 64 bit
i see all the files estracted called blockXX .dat
no others file image .
i wait for your answer

this is the file:
http://d-h.st/SFoo

I've unpacked your logo.bin. Everything is great. You should delete ignored.txt from program directory to make it work.

Attachments

• zp920.png
    zp920.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 206

Duago

Feb 21, 2015
Watertown,MA.
DooGeee Dager DG550 not working

I love this program. Well almost.
Thanks for the great work, however on my DooGee DG550 - 4.4.20014/11
I was able to use a bin from Blakeview as was suggested by another poster to make a new logo from the original Blakeview one.
At first it was hard to get my png files not to be over 1mgb but used Irfanview then cut & pasted from my jpeg's to a clear png file (ended with a 340 ish bit file)
Created a new logo_bin, and new zip file to flash. But alas it did not work :(

I am rooted,
using stock rom,
tried to flash from recovery but got "installation aborted"
:confused:

ankadnikov

Oct 24, 2012
Tyumen
I love this program. Well almost.
Thanks for the great work, however on my DooGee DG550 - 4.4.20014/11
I was able to use a bin from Blakeview as was suggested by another poster to make a new logo from the original Blakeview one.
At first it was hard to get my png files not to be over 1mgb but used Irfanview then cut & pasted from my jpeg's to a clear png file (ended with a 340 ish bit file)
Created a new logo_bin, and new zip file to flash. But alas it did not work :(

I am rooted,
using stock rom,
tried to flash from recovery but got "installation aborted"
:confused:

1) There are no limits to 1MB image size
2) why don't you try to repack your ORIGINAL logo.bin (I understand "Blakeview" is another phone, am I right?)
3) You can flash new logo.bin with Flashtool or woth dd console utility. (dont forget to make backup of your current logo)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    I've created a little program, It can make new logo.bin with recovery update.zip for Mediatek based phones.

1) LogoBuilder

Program page

Update 17.05.2014 (version 1.5.1)
    1) Added vertical scrollbar in main window;
    2) Double click on image opens it in default program;
    3) Added full path edit in folder browser dialog.

Update 04.05.2014 (version 1.5)
    1) Fixed bug with ignoring unknown blocks;
    2) New image size changing dialog (now you can just scroll mouse wheel to get your image). So that awful dialog with three buttons is deprecated;
    3) Now you can edit single image size right in created project;
    4) Added new sizes to Sizes.txt (but who cares now, in consideration of second paragraph);
    5) Added supportedRuntime. Now program can start in any .NET Framework veresion (starting from 2.0);
    6) Added Portuguese (thanks to Typhus_).
    7) Added Italian (thanks to bovirus (bovirusatgmailcom))

How to use:
    1) Click "Create project".
    2) Select your original logo.bin file and new project folder
    3) Edit project images as you wish.
    4) Click "Make" (new logo.bin and update.zip for recovery will be created)
    5) Flash new logo.bin via any flashing tool or update.zip via recovery.

Where can I get logo.bin?
    I know at least two ways to find your logo.bin.
    1) The first and the easiest one is to get it from original flashtool firmware.
    f71634b0d2df2320f3be97afc0bd862c.png

2) You can get it with "dd" command
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/logo of=/sdcard/logo.bin bs=3145728 count=1
    Make sure you runnig this code with root privilegies.

Current languages are:
    Russian
    English
    Spanish
    Simplified Chinese
    Portuguese
    Italian

-------------
    2) LogoBuilder UNPACKED
    One more LogoBuilder program feature (kind of beta version)...
    I've received a logo.bin file (from Freelander PD10), that has some different format. Its images are not packed at all. So here is the "Unpacked" version of LogoBuilder.
    It does not make Update.zip and has only English language.

-------------
    3) Gif2Bootanimation
    One more little program. It can make bootanimation.zip file from a GIF file.
    Update 04.05.2014 (version 1.5)
    1) Fixed bug with ignoring unknown blocks;
    2) New image size changing dialog (now you can just scroll mouse wheel to get your image). So that awful dialog with three buttons is deprecated;
    3) Now you can edit single image size right in created project;
    4) Added new sizes to Sizes.txt (but who cares now, in consideration of second paragraph);
    5) Added supportedRuntime. Now program can start in any .NET Framework veresion (starting from 2.0);
    6) Added Portuguese (thanks to Typhus_).

You can download new version from the first post of this topic.
    Working

Hello ankadnikov,

thanks alot my friend for taking the time to develop this tool.. amazing job for the Unpack-er logobuilder version.

I confirm that it's working. the: LogoBuilder_Unpacked.zip is the one working to extract the 4 images out of the .Bin file format, but it doesn't work with the .Img file format, don't know what's wrong there with the .img format..!

also the Unpacked version would make back a logo.bin file which I assume would create a new logo.bin out of the new images u would replace in case u would change the logo images inside the original file, so once replaced u can click on MAKE and it'll create the: logo.bin file so later on u can flash it to your PD10.

as for the: LogoBuilder_v1.1.zip, well I havent tried it yet as I was out and just came home now and about to go get some sleep and will try it in the morning or afternoon.

here is a Picture for the Unpacked version of the logo builder with 4 images extracted:

unpacked-4images.jpg

will try to add more info later on when I try to replace the images and when I try to flash it to the PD10 .. couldn't just go to sleep without coming to try and to say: Thank you Kadan. :good:
    Hi.

I'm having troubles unpacking a peculiar logo.bin.. LogoBuilder throws a couple of warnings and if I ignore and proceed it gets unpacked, however after modifying images, repacking and flashing to the device it doesn't work (just a black screen).

Could someone please take a look? (*was already searching but could not find it yet - is there a "format description" (of logo.bin contents) floating around?)

Tnx in advance.

The program has a bug with ignoring block sizes. To avoid it you should recreate the project after you press ignore button in unknown size dialog.
    The new release with this bug fixed will be issued in a few days.

Sent from my ThL W8 using XDA Free mobile app
    New version released.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone