• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Changing CSC code

Search This thread

LAST_krypton

DISCLAIMER: I WAS NEVER, HAVE NEVER BEEN, AND WILL NEVER BE RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGES AGAINST YOUR DEVICES BY YOUR OWN MIS-OPERATIONS

Code:
# knox_bit_warranty:0x1
#
# Your warranty is now void
#
# You have been warned.
#
# I will laught at you if you point the finger at me.

Hello everyone, in this guide I will be showing you how to change CSC code on our Samsung Galaxy A12. There will be multiple methods for doing this.​

I will be updateing this thread regulary, so make sure to check for any new changes. Make sure that you have allready unlocked the bootloader and have root_premissions:​

You are going to need a couple of tools, and this does not require a PC.
Tools needed: Zarchiver and a text editor

METHOD 1​

1. Open zarchiver and navigate to /efs/imei/ there you will find a data file mps_code.dat
2. Click on the green button in the left corner that will disable READ_ONLY restrictions in this folder, you will get a SU pop up asking for root_premissions if you allready haven't granted them beforehand.
3. Copy the mps_code.dat file somwhere where you are going to edit it or just don't move it.
4. Once you have got the file somwhere where you are going to edit it, or if you can just edit in the same location and save it. Open it with a text editor and change the text inside it. If you don't know what CSCs are avaible then go in to /system/CSC and check for avaible CSCs.
EXAMPLE:
Lets say it use to be german, you would see something like this in
mps_code.dat
Code:
DBT
And now you want to change it to lets say Russian:
Code:
SER
I will link the CSC codes in the description if you don't know which countury is what CSC.
5. Once you edited mps_code.dat you can now replace it with the old one if you haven't edited it in the same location as where it was. So just go in to Zarchiver, find the edited version of the file and copy it. Navigate back to /efs/imei/ and click on paste, it will ask if you want to replace it which you do so click yes.
6. Once you replaced it with the new one set the folder back to READ_ONLY by clicking the green button in the left corner. Once it sets back to READ_ONLY you can reboot.

METHOD 2
To be updated.

Don't use google play, use Aurora store and f-droid.

Attachments

• CSC.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: hoba22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISCLAIMER: I WAS NEVER, HAVE NEVER BEEN, AND WILL NEVER BE RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGES AGAINST YOUR DEVICES BY YOUR OWN MIS-OPERATIONS

Code:
    # knox_bit_warranty:0x1
    #
    # Your warranty is now void
    #
    # You have been warned.
    #
    # I will laught at you if you point the finger at me.

Hello everyone, in this guide I will be showing you how to change CSC code on our Samsung Galaxy A12. There will be multiple methods for doing this.​

I will be updateing this thread regulary, so make sure to check for any new changes. Make sure that you have allready unlocked the bootloader and have root_premissions:​

You are going to need a couple of tools, and this does not require a PC.
    Tools needed: Zarchiver and a text editor

METHOD 1​

1. Open zarchiver and navigate to /efs/imei/ there you will find a data file mps_code.dat
    2. Click on the green button in the left corner that will disable READ_ONLY restrictions in this folder, you will get a SU pop up asking for root_premissions if you allready haven't granted them beforehand.
    3. Copy the mps_code.dat file somwhere where you are going to edit it or just don't move it.
    4. Once you have got the file somwhere where you are going to edit it, or if you can just edit in the same location and save it. Open it with a text editor and change the text inside it. If you don't know what CSCs are avaible then go in to /system/CSC and check for avaible CSCs.
    EXAMPLE:
    Lets say it use to be german, you would see something like this in
    mps_code.dat
    Code:
    DBT
    And now you want to change it to lets say Russian:
    Code:
    SER
    I will link the CSC codes in the description if you don't know which countury is what CSC.
    5. Once you edited mps_code.dat you can now replace it with the old one if you haven't edited it in the same location as where it was. So just go in to Zarchiver, find the edited version of the file and copy it. Navigate back to /efs/imei/ and click on paste, it will ask if you want to replace it which you do so click yes.
    6. Once you replaced it with the new one set the folder back to READ_ONLY by clicking the green button in the left corner. Once it sets back to READ_ONLY you can reboot.

METHOD 2
    To be updated.

Don't use google play, use Aurora store and f-droid.