Changing CSC on S8

Search This thread

qucharski

Mar 29, 2010
Bristol
Hi,
Tried to flash firmware to get rid of vodafone csc from my new s8 but csc keep staying VOD i want it BTU ideally.
Has anyone tried it yet and done it?
Need some advice :)

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
Ok what he means is once flashed btu go into recovery not sure what 3 buttons to press but Google it.

Once in there wipe cache and reformat phone once more then it should change VOD to BTU that's what I did when I had my vodafone s7 and changed it to btu

Reactions: qucharski

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
Hi my suggestion would be 're flash the latest firmware again once installed then boot phone into recovery mode then wipe cache then format and reboot phone again one last time.

May 4, 2017
hi
i have samsung j7008 model it any problem and have now my device are boot loop (powen on appear smart service and update) so i use kises and update but time is very longer i can't wait it's time and i use odin and flash same prob… but i have emergency recovery code.so please help me solve?please i really trouble and i think crom service lock because i see it ?

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
hi
i have samsung j7008 model it any problem and have now my device are boot loop (powen on appear smart service and update) so i use kises and update but time is very longer i can't wait it's time and i use odin and flash same prob… but i have emergency recovery code.so please help me solve?please i really trouble and i think crom service lock because i see it ?

I'm sorry this is for s8 if you goto SamMobile forum post in there greenman may be able to help more but to me sounds like you need to 're flash original firmware.

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
Hi,
Tried to flash firmware to get rid of vodafone csc from my new s8 but csc keep staying VOD i want it BTU ideally.
Has anyone tried it yet and done it?
Need some advice :)

This shouldn't be a problem so let me help. First some questions...

1. From which carrier/country is your phone?
2. Does it have a network lock?
3. Is it the Model number SM-G950F?
4. Which files did you flash via Odin (please type the actual filenames) and with which settings in Odin?
5. If you go into Settings - About phone - Software information - Service provider software. Please tell me the first and third line there under this point.

qucharski

Mar 29, 2010
Bristol
This shouldn't be a problem so let me help. First some questions...

1. From which carrier/country is your phone?
2. Does it have a network lock?
3. Is it the Model number SM-G950F?
4. Which files did you flash via Odin (please type the actual filenames) and with which settings in Odin?
5. If you go into Settings - About phone - Software information - Service provider software. Please tell me the first and third line there under this point.

Hi,
1. Bought from Vodafone UK
2. Removed lock by code
3 G950F
4 Sorry don't have access to my laptop now but I've
Downloaded latest btu software from sammobile
unpacked it and used as per instructions. Tried using either home_csc or the other one but no luck either
Settings tried just standard and tried pit and reformat didn't work either
5. SAOMC_SM-G950F-OXM_XEU_077
XEU/XEU/VOD
when go into recovery it's still VOD tho

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
You have done all you could do.

You needed to flash with normal CSC NOT with HOME_CSC to change the CSC.

Your new CSC is XEU!

It still shows XEU/XEU/VOD because VOD is the original CSC of your phone. This is new for the S8 and could not be changed! But normally you will get OTA updates for your new XEU CSC just fine! And any Vodafone-Apps should also be removed.

So everything is like on Samsung devices debranded bevore - beside that the factory CSC is hard branded inside the phone. But thats just optical. Everything else works like it is an XEU CSC.

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
You have done all you could do.

You needed to flash with normal CSC NOT with HOME_CSC to change the CSC.

Your new CSC is XEU!

It still shows XEU/XEU/VOD because VOD is the original CSC of your phone. This is new for the S8 and could not be changed! But normally you will get OTA updates for your new XEU CSC just fine! And any Vodafone-Apps should also be removed.

So everything is like on Samsung devices debranded bevore - beside that the factory CSC is hard branded inside the phone. But thats just optical. Everything else works like it is an XEU CSC.

Are you sure about that? In the past if you didnt change properly the CSC after unbranding your phone you werent getting OTA updates anymore, i've read on SamMobile you gotta use Smart Switch using the serial number of a phone you know has that CSC, but i dont know how to find one, no one answered me on here. I'm thinking of going into a store and look at the exhibition one, but im afraid it's not legal to do that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S8/Note8 CSC Change BTU

Please use your genuine Samsung cable and not a replica and the could and often cause problems when flashing
    Power down phone
    Remove sim tray
    press and hold volume down, Bixby and power
    Download BTU and flash the 4 files from Sammobile using Odin, I used 3.11
    after a successful flash reboot phone
    go through the usual setup but turn off wifi and don't put account details in
    enable developer options
    enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
    restart phone
    once restarted do a factory wipe in menu, not in recovery using the 3 button combo
    once restarted do the basic setup again as above
    shut down phone
    press and hold volume up, Bixby and power till you enter recovery mode
    csc should be multi XEU
    shut down phone
    download the combination file suitable for your phone

Download combination rom for your Note8/S8/S8+
    Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
    Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, and chose the csc you want, BTU will be on the list --> install, phone will restart into factory binary again, in Factory Imei input *#243203855# and BTU should be at the top if its done correctly, if so hold down the power button
    press and hold power down, Bixby and power
    Now Flash your phone with your country rom and do basic setup again
    enable developer options and turn off OEM unlock or android pay and similar security stuff wont work
    restart phone
    once restarted do a factory reset
    once restarted do a complete setup as you normally would
    Done !

If you do get a crash like I did on my first attempt and phone tells you to plug into smartswitch on a pc don't panic, just reflash the firmware using odin

If theres an easier method I haven't found it. I went from O2U(O2-UK) to BTU on my N950F Note8 using this method, regular flashing wont give you BTU or at least didn't for me.

My advice is if you don't feel confident flashing then don't, your phone is your pride and joy
    This doesn't involve rooting your phone so warranty will still be 0x0

Hope this helps
    change CSC for S8/S8+

Hello !
    You can change CSC for S8/S8+

1. Download combination rom for your S8/S8+
    2. Download S8/S8+ rom with 4 file
    3. Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
    4. Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, anh chose you need csc --> install, phone will reset.......
    5. Now Flash your phone with your coutry rom.
    Done !
    p/s: I buy S8+ in cambodia with CAM csc, use this method successful change to XXV csc.

Seach with Google:
    COMBINATION_FA70_G955FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
    COMBINATION_FA70_G950FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
    this can be done without root or flashing a new ROM since you already flashed a multi- csc firmware from sammobile.

1. get you phones imei:
    go to dialer > dial *#06#
    take a note of your imei without the /01 at the end.

2. go to phone dialer > dial *#272*(your phones imei)#

3. choose which csc you need and install it.
    your phone will reinstall firmware with the new csc region you choose.

done.

Just done this to my S8 SM-G950F and switched from GLB to XTC csc.
    please sent me link ! i am very poor english so don't angry me sir my words.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Hi,

Change forum. We're talking about Galaxy S8 here.
    The response was not concerning your phone model.

Regards,
    Hi, I'm trying to do the same as you. Currently Vod UK but want to go to BTU UK. Which files did you download and which ones did you flash?
    TIA

My phone was on TNL (T-mobile branded Netherlands).. I've downloaded PHN (Netherlands unbranded) from sammobile, flashed through odin and use csc instead of hone_csc and now I'm on PHN.. Can also flash UK firmware if I wanted to..

Where you able to sign up the beta on XEU still or you got an non oreo OTA for your firmware?
    Found my uk sim, wondering if there any spaces available in beta .

Just wrote a full guide on changing the CSC of your phone :silly:
    Right Here

Hope it helps!