Changing CSC on S8

Search This thread

gundal

Aug 10, 2010
VancouverIsland
@gillboyzz, @andoy13
Thanks for you guys. So What is your origin/original CSC?
I think this *#272*IMEI# method not apply all model, Maybe some of models CSC recognized this CSC change key command and other (include my BRI-Taiwan) CSC change key command not working.

Please share and update *#272*IMEI# keycode working CSC this thread. Its very useful information for ours. :highfive:

[*#272*IMEI# Working CSC]
Philippines Stock
(Will be add soon..)

[*#272*IMEI# NOT Working CSC]
BRI-Taiwan

These 2 codes,
*#272*IMEI*# and
*#243203855#
will both only work if your device contains /system/app/preconfig.apk

you should be able to check if it exists in adb, maybe other firmwares will have this file, once you have root you can simply add this file to any rom, and it will then have the capability to load preconfig.apk via *#272*IMEI*#

also fyi, when the code works, you do not have to hit the dial/call button, it immediately takes you to the preconfig screen when you hit the final "#" character.
the unknown application, and ussd code stuff is only because you guys are hitting call/dial.

Reactions: Michaelandhistab
Jan 2, 2013
These 2 codes,
*#272*IMEI*# and
*#243203855#
will both only work if your device contains /system/app/preconfig.apk

you should be able to check if it exists in adb, maybe other firmwares will have this file, once you have root you can simply add this file to any rom, and it will then have the capability to load preconfig.apk via *#272*IMEI*#

also fyi, when the code works, you do not have to hit the dial/call button, it immediately takes you to the preconfig screen when you hit the final "#" character.
the unknown application, and ussd code stuff is only because you guys are hitting call/dial.

I have the preconfig apk in the system/app folder, but the code still doesn't work for some reason. I'm using an g955u s8+.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171002-224442.png
    Screenshot_20171002-224442.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,251

gundal

Aug 10, 2010
VancouverIsland
I have the preconfig apk in the system/app folder, but the code still doesn't work for some reason. I'm using an g955u s8+.

oh wow, did not expect that.
My stock Note 8 could not load those codes at all, after trying to manually add files from one device /system to the other I added the preload, and shortly after discovered those codes working again.

There must be some other missing correlation that lets the dialer call this app, im curious, can you try executing the preload.apk manually?

Jan 2, 2013
oh wow, did not expect that.
My stock Note 8 could not load those codes at all, after trying to manually add files from one device /system to the other I added the preload, and shortly after discovered those codes working again.

There must be some other missing correlation that lets the dialer call this app, im curious, can you try executing the preload.apk manually?

I'm not really good with adb, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

I've tried these commands but it kept getting errors..

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec,android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.permission.Preconfig/.Preconfig

PS C:\adb> am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig
am : The term 'am' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path
was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/.Prec ...
+ ~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (am:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\adb> am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig
am : The term 'am' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path
was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.android.Preconfig/. ...
+ ~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (am:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\adb> adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig launchParam=MultiScreenLaunchParams { mDisplayId=0 mBaseDisplayId=0 mFlags=0 } }
Error type 3
Error: Activity class {com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig} does not exist.
PS C:\adb> adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec,android.Preconfig/.Preconfig
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.sec,android.Preconfig/.Preconfig launchParam=MultiScreenLaunchParams { mDisplayId=0 mBaseDisplayId=0 mFlags=0 } }
Error type 3
Error: Activity class {com.sec,android.Preconfig/com.sec,android.Preconfig.Preconfig} does not exist.
PS C:\adb> adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.permission.Preconfig/.Preconfig
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.sec.permission.Preconfig/.Preconfig launchParam=MultiScreenLaunchParams { mDisplayId=0 mBaseDisplayId=0 mFlags=0 } }
Error type 3
Error: Activity class {com.sec.permission.Preconfig/com.sec.permission.Preconfig.Preconfig} does not exist.

gundal

Aug 10, 2010
VancouverIsland
I'm not really good with adb, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

I've tried these commands but it kept getting errors..

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec,android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.permission.Preconfig/.Preconfig

am start -n com.sec.android.Preconfig/.Preconfig

should be all you need.
unfortunately it only works for me when executed as root :/

norman1080

Aug 24, 2010
Chicago
Can I flash the CSC file in Odin and not loose ROOT access?
MY CSC code is TMB/SPR/SPR. I want it to read TMB/TMB/SPR
Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

gsdworld21

Oct 28, 2017
S8/Note8 CSC Change BTU

Please use your genuine Samsung cable and not a replica and the could and often cause problems when flashing
Power down phone
Remove sim tray
press and hold volume down, Bixby and power
Download BTU and flash the 4 files from Sammobile using Odin, I used 3.11
after a successful flash reboot phone
go through the usual setup but turn off wifi and don't put account details in
enable developer options
enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
restart phone
once restarted do a factory wipe in menu, not in recovery using the 3 button combo
once restarted do the basic setup again as above
shut down phone
press and hold volume up, Bixby and power till you enter recovery mode
csc should be multi XEU
shut down phone
download the combination file suitable for your phone

Download combination rom for your Note8/S8/S8+
Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, and chose the csc you want, BTU will be on the list --> install, phone will restart into factory binary again, in Factory Imei input *#243203855# and BTU should be at the top if its done correctly, if so hold down the power button
press and hold power down, Bixby and power
Now Flash your phone with your country rom and do basic setup again
enable developer options and turn off OEM unlock or android pay and similar security stuff wont work
restart phone
once restarted do a factory reset
once restarted do a complete setup as you normally would
Done !

If you do get a crash like I did on my first attempt and phone tells you to plug into smartswitch on a pc don't panic, just reflash the firmware using odin

If theres an easier method I haven't found it. I went from O2U(O2-UK) to BTU on my N950F Note8 using this method, regular flashing wont give you BTU or at least didn't for me.

My advice is if you don't feel confident flashing then don't, your phone is your pride and joy
This doesn't involve rooting your phone so warranty will still be 0x0

Hope this helps

hugo7fold

Nov 4, 2013
Please use your genuine Samsung cable and not a replica and the could and often cause problems when flashing
Power down phone
Remove sim tray
enable developer options
restart phone
once restarted do a factory wipe in menu, not in recovery using the 3 button combo
shut down phone
csc should be multi XEU
shut down phone

Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, and chose the csc you want, BTU will be on the list --> install, phone will restart into factory binary again, in Factory Imei input *#243203855# and BTU should be at the top if its done correctly, if so hold down the power button
enable developer options and turn off OEM unlock or android pay and similar security stuff wont work
restart phone
Done !

If you do get a crash like I did on my first attempt and phone tells you to plug into smartswitch on a pc don't panic, just reflash the firmware using odin

If theres an easier method I haven't found it. I went from O2U(O2-UK) to BTU on my N950F Note8 using this method, regular flashing wont give you BTU or at least didn't for me.

My advice is if you don't feel confident flashing then don't, your phone is your pride and joy

Hope this helps

Didn't works for me. 950FD, from Brazil.

mimahitna

May 31, 2007
Vladičin Han
So if we cant change CSC to BTU, we cant register for S8 Oreo beta program. Last year i use s7 edge, change CSC to BTU and i was in beta program for Nougat with OTA. This time we cant change CSC without root... This is so bad, this multi-CSC is so bad.

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
So if we cant change CSC to BTU, we cant register for S8 Oreo beta program. Last year i use s7 edge, change CSC to BTU and i was in beta program for Nougat with OTA. This time we cant change CSC without root... This is so bad, this multi-CSC is so bad.

I've just found this thread as I was thinking the same thing.

I had an unlocked S7 Edge last year and got the beta, this time I purchased my S8 from Vodafone direct, which has a CSC of VOD, after reading through this thread it looks like I won't be able to participate in the beta as will need my CSC to be BTU, which isn't as simple as flashing the BTU firmware.

Is this correct?

Reactions: mimahitna

tasked28m

Oct 28, 2013
I've just found this thread as I was thinking the same thing.

I had an unlocked S7 Edge last year and got the beta, this time I purchased my S8 from Vodafone direct, which has a CSC of VOD, after reading through this thread it looks like I won't be able to participate in the beta as will need my CSC to be BTU, which isn't as simple as flashing the BTU firmware.

Is this correct?

Yeap. Am on the same boat as you. Ive got eur/eur/eur and whatever i do with official roms csc is persistant. So no beta for us.

Donald K.

Dec 23, 2012
Hi,
Tried to flash firmware to get rid of vodafone csc from my new s8 but csc keep staying VOD i want it BTU ideally.
Has anyone tried it yet and done it?
Need some advice :)

My phone was on TNL (T-mobile branded Netherlands).. I've downloaded PHN (Netherlands unbranded) from sammobile, flashed through odin and use csc instead of hone_csc and now I'm on PHN.. Can also flash UK firmware if I wanted to..

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
Well I'll provide you with the links and basic instructions which I'm copying from a post I did on Reddit, however the beta has already closed so you won't be able to get it via the Samsung Members app, maybe someone else will be able point you in the direction of a flashable firmware.

Link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/official-stock-firmware-update-odin-t3598172

Below are the basic steps:

1. Download and install SimFirm see post #632 from that link, as this is quickest way to get firmware, type model in and region should be BTU.
2. Whilst that is downloading back up phone using Samsung Smart Switch.
3. Install Odin as per post #1 in that link.
4. Follow steps to flash software.
5. Install Samsung Members app on phone if it doesn't have it on, mine did.
6. Register and boom done!

I hope this helps somewhat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: fgw3987

fgw3987

Sep 18, 2013
Bangor
Well I'll provide you with the links and basic instructions which I'm copying from a post I did on Reddit, however the beta has already closed so you won't be able to get it via the Samsung Members app, maybe someone else will be able point you in the direction of a flashable firmware.

Link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/official-stock-firmware-update-odin-t3598172

Below are the basic steps:

1. Download and install SimFirm see post #632 from that link, as this is quickest way to get firmware, type model in and region should be BTU.
2. Whilst that is downloading back up phone using Samsung Smart Switch.
3. Install Odin as per post #1 in that link.
4. Follow steps to flash software.
5. Install Samsung Members app on phone if it doesn't have it on, mine did.
6. Register and boom done!

I hope this helps somewhat.

Followed the steps and now I'm xeu/xeu/vod. :cowboy:
Just got an OTA. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: maverick1103

fgw3987

Sep 18, 2013
Bangor
Where you able to sign up the beta on XEU still or you got an non oreo OTA for your firmware?
Found my uk sim, wondering if there any spaces available in beta .

I Haven't been able to sign up for beta, not sure if its the XEU doing that or as @maverick1103 said earlier that the beta is now closed.
I would of liked the Beta but I'm happy with just removing the Vodafone apps and then not having to rely on them for updates.

On a side note when I boot into recovery mode it still says "applied VOD csc" not sure if that means anything or should I just ignore it.

alvaroja18

Feb 17, 2015
Hi,

Hello !
You can change CSC for S8/S8+

1. Download combination rom for your S8/S8+
2. Download S8/S8+ rom with 4 file
3. Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
4. Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, anh chose you need csc --> install, phone will reset.......
5. Now Flash your phone with your coutry rom.
Done !
p/s: I buy S8+ in cambodia with CAM csc, use this method successful change to XXV csc.

Seach with Google:
COMBINATION_FA70_G955FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
COMBINATION_FA70_G950FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar

Hi,
With this csc (BTU), I can get the features such as call recording or speed traffic in the status bar..???
In my s6 edge I got those functions with root but now in my s8 I do not want to lose the guarantee.
There is some way to get these hide samsung´s features (call recording or speed traffic in the status bar..) without root ??

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Didn't works for me. 950FD, from Brazil.

There any way for G950FD user´s

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

changing CSC is impossible without having a supporting SIM card for the region you want to use.

I have a SM-g950FD and I´m waiting for a UK sim, if I try this UK sim I can change the CSC code...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S8/Note8 CSC Change BTU

Power down phone
    Remove sim tray
    enable developer options
    restart phone
    shut down phone
    csc should be multi XEU
    shut down phone

restart phone
    Done !

Hope this helps
    change CSC for S8/S8+

Hello !
    You can change CSC for S8/S8+

1. Download combination rom for your S8/S8+
    2. Download S8/S8+ rom with 4 file
    3. Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
    4. Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, anh chose you need csc --> install, phone will reset.......
    5. Now Flash your phone with your coutry rom.
    Done !
    p/s: I buy S8+ in cambodia with CAM csc, use this method successful change to XXV csc.

Seach with Google:
    COMBINATION_FA70_G955FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
    COMBINATION_FA70_G950FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
    this can be done without root or flashing a new ROM since you already flashed a multi- csc firmware from sammobile.

1. get you phones imei:
    go to dialer > dial *#06#
    take a note of your imei without the /01 at the end.

2. go to phone dialer > dial *#272*(your phones imei)#

3. choose which csc you need and install it.
    your phone will reinstall firmware with the new csc region you choose.

done.

Just done this to my S8 SM-G950F and switched from GLB to XTC csc.
    please sent me link ! i am very poor english so don't angry me sir my words.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Hi,

Change forum. We're talking about Galaxy S8 here.
    The response was not concerning your phone model.

Regards,
    Hi, I'm trying to do the same as you. Currently Vod UK but want to go to BTU UK. Which files did you download and which ones did you flash?
    TIA

My phone was on TNL (T-mobile branded Netherlands).. I've downloaded PHN (Netherlands unbranded) from sammobile, flashed through odin and use csc instead of hone_csc and now I'm on PHN.. Can also flash UK firmware if I wanted to..

Where you able to sign up the beta on XEU still or you got an non oreo OTA for your firmware?
    Found my uk sim, wondering if there any spaces available in beta .

Just wrote a full guide on changing the CSC of your phone :silly:
    Right Here

Hope it helps!