Changing CSC on S8

Search This thread

bighit101

Feb 18, 2010
Hi @maik005

Looks like you are def the person to ask questions regarding csc flashing, and hope you could help me. So i have T-Mobile USA service and really need wifi on my phones due to service issues. I also would like the international S8 version so I can root (snapdragon doesn't have it). So from what I have read here, all I would need to do is to get the international model and flash the TMO csc for wifi calling to work?

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I am sure.. had some reports from germany.

The 3rd CSC Version is fixed into the phone. Buto OTA works.

The CSC Version under Service Provider Software in Software Information in Setttings says.

AAA/BBB/CCC

where
AAA is the current CSC
BBB is the recommed CSC for your SIM (if this CSC is inside your current Multi-CSC)
CCC is the factory CSC of your phone and can´t be changed

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
Google Pixel 7a
Hi @maik005

Looks like you are def the person to ask questions regarding csc flashing, and hope you could help me. So i have T-Mobile USA service and really need wifi on my phones due to service issues. I also would like the international S8 version so I can root (snapdragon doesn't have it). So from what I have read here, all I would need to do is to get the international model and flash the TMO csc for wifi calling to work?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

sorry to say that but I only know about the International Model (G950F/FD; G955F/FD).
I don´t know if you can simply flash the TMO (Snapdrago) CSC on an international phone.

BUT, as you said that you would like to root anyway have a look at this:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/development/utility-flashable-csc-selection-v1-0-0-t3605262

I belive that there you may find help!

Reactions: bighit101

danman132x

Apr 9, 2010
You can't do much with these multi csc packages. Not sure why has Samsung locked the *#272 option on certain units as it works flawless on mine and i can choose the desired CSC among the list of 140 csc's. The only options are either to get the foreign sim or change csc through root which would further disable Samsung Pay.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Do you know a good place to get a Russian Sim card? I Googled a bit but nothing I saw really. I'm in the states. I'm not sure the forum rules if I can ask for one on here from someone, maybe a Sim card that's no longer needed, would pay shipping. Looks like that's the only option I have to attempt to change my csc.

Sukhi

Aug 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

bighit101

Feb 18, 2010

carlo06

Aug 29, 2011
Hello! Maybe out of topic but if I chance my CSC to a USA one using the *#* method would it allow me to use Bixby?

Thanks!

uberNoobZA

Oct 10, 2008
Oxford
this can be done without root or flashing a new ROM since you already flashed a multi- csc firmware from sammobile.

1. get you phones imei:
go to dialer > dial *#06#
take a note of your imei without the /01 at the end.

2. go to phone dialer > dial *#272*(your phones imei)#

3. choose which csc you need and install it.
your phone will reinstall firmware with the new csc region you choose.

done.

Just done this to my S8 SM-G950F and switched from GLB to XTC csc.

This post was a life saver for me :) I bought a G950FD off eBay (yeah, I know) as I could not find one in UK. It had Samsung stock multi CSC ROM on it, and CSC was Singapore (SIN/SIN/XSP). In an attempt to get wifi calling working, as also just because I prefer CSC to be same as where I am located, I was about to flash a ROM, until I saw this post. I can confirm that the process works just as described above.

One extra step was that after it had reinstalled FW with new CSC, it came up with a message that an unauthorized attempt was made to initialize the phone, and I must connect to wifi / GSM to authenticate phone. I did this, and continued setup of phone. It DID require me to re-authenticate with same Google account as what was on phone before (which I was planning on doing anyway) and then after that all was as normal.

The phone now shows as XEU/XEU/XSP :D :good: :eek:

Thanks again !!

Last edited:

callumbr1

Jan 5, 2016
Leeds
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This post was a life saver for me :) I bought a G950FD off eBay (yeah, I know) as I could not find one in UK. It had Samsung stock multi CSC ROM on it, and CSC was Singapore (SIN/SIN/XSP). In an attempt to get wifi calling working, as also just because I prefer CSC to be same as where I am located, I was about to flash a ROM, until I saw this post. I can confirm that the process works just as described above.

One extra step was that after it had reinstalled FW with new CSC, it came up with a message that an unauthorized attempt was made to initialize the phone, and I must connect to wifi / GSM to authenticate phone. I did this, and continued setup of phone. It DID require me to re-authenticate with same Google account as what was on phone before (which I was planning on doing anyway) and then after that all was as normal.

The phone now shows as XEU/XEU/XSP :D :good: :eek:

Thanks again !!
Does voLTE work with XEU also?

Monty_786

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks a million

this can be done without root or flashing a new ROM since you already flashed a multi- csc firmware from sammobile.

1. get you phones imei:

done.

You saved me from selling my s8 brother thanks a million ... This method worked on my singapore singtel s8 like a charm .... I think this should be the first step for changing csc if this doesn't work then one should go for odin

lwid

Jan 11, 2012
San Jose

1. get you phones imei:

done.

This isn't working on my SM-G950FD, currently on XEU/XEU/ECT
I've tried with both IMEI's on my phone, but nothing happens. If I try to dial after entering the last #, I get Invalid USSD code error message.

Does this also factory reset the phone?

cluboxx

Feb 5, 2017
how to access in in Factory Imei input? thanks:)

Hello !
You can change CSC for S8/S8+

1. Download combination rom for your S8/S8+
2. Download S8/S8+ rom with 4 file
3. Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
4. Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, anh chose you need csc --> install, phone will reset.......
5. Now Flash your phone with your coutry rom.
Done !
p/s: I buy S8+ in cambodia with CAM csc, use this method successful change to XXV csc.

Seach with Google:
COMBINATION_FA70_G955FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
COMBINATION_FA70_G950FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar

Jan 2, 2013
It's strange, when I tried to use the *#272*imei# code it said "connection problem or invalid mmi code". I got curious and put my girlfriend's SIM from a different network in my phone, this time it said "Sorry, you're not entitled to this service".

Is this code dependant on whether or not your telecom provider allows you to do it?

Reactions: Ronchong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S8/Note8 CSC Change BTU

Please use your genuine Samsung cable and not a replica and the could and often cause problems when flashing
    Power down phone
    Remove sim tray
    press and hold volume down, Bixby and power
    Download BTU and flash the 4 files from Sammobile using Odin, I used 3.11
    after a successful flash reboot phone
    go through the usual setup but turn off wifi and don't put account details in
    enable developer options
    enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
    restart phone
    once restarted do a factory wipe in menu, not in recovery using the 3 button combo
    once restarted do the basic setup again as above
    shut down phone
    press and hold volume up, Bixby and power till you enter recovery mode
    csc should be multi XEU
    shut down phone
    download the combination file suitable for your phone

Download combination rom for your Note8/S8/S8+
    Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
    Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, and chose the csc you want, BTU will be on the list --> install, phone will restart into factory binary again, in Factory Imei input *#243203855# and BTU should be at the top if its done correctly, if so hold down the power button
    press and hold power down, Bixby and power
    Now Flash your phone with your country rom and do basic setup again
    enable developer options and turn off OEM unlock or android pay and similar security stuff wont work
    restart phone
    once restarted do a factory reset
    once restarted do a complete setup as you normally would
    Done !

If you do get a crash like I did on my first attempt and phone tells you to plug into smartswitch on a pc don't panic, just reflash the firmware using odin

If theres an easier method I haven't found it. I went from O2U(O2-UK) to BTU on my N950F Note8 using this method, regular flashing wont give you BTU or at least didn't for me.

My advice is if you don't feel confident flashing then don't, your phone is your pride and joy
    This doesn't involve rooting your phone so warranty will still be 0x0

Hope this helps
    change CSC for S8/S8+

Hello !
    You can change CSC for S8/S8+

1. Download combination rom for your S8/S8+
    2. Download S8/S8+ rom with 4 file
    3. Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
    4. Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, anh chose you need csc --> install, phone will reset.......
    5. Now Flash your phone with your coutry rom.
    Done !
    p/s: I buy S8+ in cambodia with CAM csc, use this method successful change to XXV csc.

Seach with Google:
    COMBINATION_FA70_G955FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
    COMBINATION_FA70_G950FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB13087097_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar

1. get you phones imei:

done.

please sent me link ! i am very poor english so don't angry me sir my words.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Hi,

Change forum. We're talking about Galaxy S8 here.
    The response was not concerning your phone model.

Regards,
    Hi, I'm trying to do the same as you. Currently Vod UK but want to go to BTU UK. Which files did you download and which ones did you flash?
    TIA

My phone was on TNL (T-mobile branded Netherlands).. I've downloaded PHN (Netherlands unbranded) from sammobile, flashed through odin and use csc instead of hone_csc and now I'm on PHN.. Can also flash UK firmware if I wanted to..

Where you able to sign up the beta on XEU still or you got an non oreo OTA for your firmware?
    Found my uk sim, wondering if there any spaces available in beta .

Just wrote a full guide on changing the CSC of your phone :silly:
    Right Here

Hope it helps!