Changing CSC without root

Search This thread

auky

Sep 21, 2009
New York
Can anyone confirm if this will work with Oreo installed?

Confirmed this method still works. However, you need new combination file with bootloader v2 and odin 3.13 or above. I initially flashed using odin 3.12 and CSC file was not flashed thus not able to select CSC when *#243203855# is entered. However, re-flashing the CSC file using 3.13 solved the issue.

Combination file with bootloader v2 :
COMBINATION_FA70_G955FXXU2ARE1_CL12792727_QB18097821_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar.md5

lukesky1313

Apr 10, 2016
Confirmed this method still works. However, you need new combination file with bootloader v2 and odin 3.13 or above. I initially flashed using odin 3.12 and CSC file was not flashed thus not able to select CSC when *#243203855# is entered. However, re-flashing the CSC file using 3.13 solved the issue.

Combination file with bootloader v2 :
COMBINATION_FA70_G955FXXU2ARE1_CL12792727_QB18097821_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar.md5

Where did you get the combination files?

XtremeShadow2

Apr 18, 2018
Good evening Greetings from Argentina, I managed to change the csc ARO of my s8 + (G955F) to the German DBT, the process I did was to install two firmwares one with different csc and then I installed the firmware of Germany and changed the csc

jmasiglat

Aug 7, 2012
Davao
i have same objective as yours, i have SM-G9550 which is hongkong variant (non-root) and it is snap with 6gb pf ram and 128gb of rom. I want to change CSC to Thailand (THL) to use VOLTE and VOWIFI. But problem is Thai variant is EXYNOS paired with 4gb of ram and 64gb of rom. So is there anyway to work this without root as i need to use Knox and samsung pay so root will deatroy it correct?

I know this is an old post. I have the same unit, SM-G9550... unfortunately, according to Greenman of SamMobile, we can ONLY install Hong Kong or China CSCs for our unit. Sadness...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !
    You can change CSC for S8/S8+

1. Download combination rom for your S8/S8+
    2. Download S8/S8+ rom with 4 file
    3. Open Odin and Flash with combination ROM (AP) + CSC (rom file HOME_CSC.........) (*don't use CSC_................)
    4. Wait for phone boot up, in Factory Imei input *#243203855#, anh chose you need csc --> install, phone will reset.......
    5. Now Flash your phone with your coutry rom.
    Done !
    p/s: I buy S8+ in cambodia with CAM csc, use this method successful change to XXV csc.

Seach with Google:
    COMBINATION_FA70_G955FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB130870 97_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
    COMBINATION_FA70_G950FDXU1AQD1_CL11075180_QB130870 97_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar
    Is it possible to change CSC without root? The reason I ask is because I want to be able to use banking and other apps (I've read that root prevents these apps from working) but at the same time I want to have wifi calling and voLTE for my carrier.

Right, without root, all you need to do, visit sammobile and download then flash the compatible image from the carrier you want to switch to. However, be aware, of hardware limitations i.e.) you cannot flash a snapdgragon fw on a exynos phone for example.

Now if you had root on the other hand, you can do this in a matter of mins and not loose any files.
    if you have Exynos phone you got root as an option

Right, but the problem is that with root I won't have access to banking and other apps. So I was hoping maybe I'd be able to root, flash the CSC, then unroot and find a way to keep the CSC. Basically, on exynos, I want to be able to have the AT&T CSC and banking apps at the same time.
    Right, but the problem is that with root I won't have access to banking and other apps. So I was hoping maybe I'd be able to root, flash the CSC, then unroot and find a way to keep the CSC. Basically, on exynos, I want to be able to have the AT&T CSC and banking apps at the same time.
    i have the 955FD with an ATT CSC and Wifi calling isn't working and i can't visually tell if VoLTE is working. next step is to get an ATT imei assigned to my number to see if that fixes it. bottom line, changing to ATT CSC is not guaranteed to get the aforementioned services working on your 955F.
    You could try from the phone dialer: *#243203855# that's to change CSC, keep in mind it will reset your phone so make a backup first. The screenshot shows CSC for Canada since I'm in Canada.
    1496691462296.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using XDA-Developers Legacy app