Changing csc

Search This thread

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
You qoute is misleading.
The guy you qouted has a UK device and changed his CSC from branded Uk to unbranded UK, which both are on his device..

This guy here has a HK device and wants to to a European CSC. HK devices dont have European CSC on them, so he cant change to them.

Even if he roots the device, copies the CSC he wants from an EU decive to his and managed to change his CSC with wiping, not only he wont get quicker updates, he wont het updates at all because his CSC wont be an official CSC of a HK device

00mpollard

Apr 10, 2010
You qoute is misleading.
The guy you qouted has a UK device and changed his CSC from branded Uk to unbranded UK, which both are on his device..

This guy here has a HK device and wants to to a European CSC. HK devices dont have European CSC on them, so he cant change to them.

Even if he roots the device, copies the CSC he wants from an EU decive to his and managed to change his CSC with wiping, not only he wont get quicker updates, he wont het updates at all because his CSC wont be an official CSC of a HK device

My apologies I guess I misunderstood region csc changes. Thank you for the clarification. I am new to Samsung devices so it's a learning curve! Appreciate the detailed reply :)

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran
I have Exynos variant with MEO (Portugal) csc. Is it possible to change to ITV (Italian) csc?

Last edited:

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I have Exynos variant with MEO (Portugal) csc. Is it possible to change to ITV (Italian) csc?

Try this - Go to "Settings" then "About phone". Write down your IMEI Number. Open dialer and enter *#272*IMEInumber# (In the thread replace IMEInumber with your actual IMEI Number). Press dial, you should see a screen with the list of available CSC codes for your device. Select the CSC that you want and tap the Install option. This method works on the S10, it should work on the S20 as well.

Last edited:

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Try this - Go to "Settings" then "About phone". Write down your IMEI Number. Open dialer and enter *#272*IMEInumber# (In the thread replace IMEInumber with your actual IMEI Number). Press dial, you should see a screen with the list of available CSC codes for your device. Select the CSC that you want and tap the Install option. This method works on the S10, it should work on the S20 as well.
Does not work on S20.

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran

Oh wow! i already used samkey and purchased some credits, dafaq :(

rajeshr

Dec 8, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Wow! That's a first, wasn't aware the Snapdragon variant had a Multi-CSC, like OXM on Exynos devices. Is the list of CSC's mainly Canada's Branded Carriers? Post a screen shot if possible, thanks!

Yes, it seems like the list is primarily Canadian carriers although there are a few that I don't recognize.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200506-203847.jpg
    Screenshot_20200506-203847.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 1,296
Reactions: varcor

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Yes, it seems like the list is primarily Canadian carriers although there are a few that I don't recognize.

Makes sense, Samsung can sell the same device to all carriers. If it's modeled like OXM on Exynos variants once you insert a compatible SIM the CSC is automatically updated after startup. That's really good news, users can switch carriers without flashing new firmware. Curious if Branded US Models have the same option, I would think they do. Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran
Makes sense, Samsung can sell the same device to all carriers. If it's modeled like OXM on Exynos variants once you insert a compatible SIM the CSC is automatically updated after startup. That's really good news, users can switch carriers without flashing new firmware. Curious if Branded US Models have the same option, I would think they do. Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

This is really strange btw, because i maked that but after insert a compatible SIM the CSC never automatically updated after startup :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You qoute is misleading.

You qoute is misleading.

My apologies I guess I misunderstood region csc changes. Thank you for the clarification. I am new to Samsung devices so it's a learning curve! Appreciate the detailed reply :)
    Does not work on S20.