Changing csc

Search This thread

m_reyna_16

Mar 4, 2008
I've got a sm-9880 version and it did not work for me... forgot the exact verbiage but it said something about the code not being supported or something like that

mouski

Jan 26, 2010
Your device doesn't have Multi CSC's, just one, TGY, that's why you received an error code.

If this is the case, and it seems so with the Australian variant - the command also does not work.
If changing the CSC from OPS (Carrier) to XSA (Unbranded) will it still work, or would I need to flash the XSA firmware first via Odin, or would it update the XSA firmware next time it looks for update?

jaydee87

Jul 31, 2009
hey guys, can you help me out?
Is it safe, flashing my current phone with Odin via : https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G985F/AUT
i have the S20+ exynos
SM-G985 software build:
even though it is SIO,SIO/SIO,EUX/SIO ?

active is SIO (slovenia)
and no other CSC -codes are included according to samsung phone info

or do i brick my phone?

Player04

Apr 9, 2014
Is it possible to flash sm-g9888 csc to U csc using samkey? Im on att

Last edited:

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
If this is the case, and it seems so with the Australian variant - the command also does not work.
If changing the CSC from OPS (Carrier) to XSA (Unbranded) will it still work, or would I need to flash the XSA firmware first via Odin, or would it update the XSA firmware next time it looks for update?

An individual CSC is programed to work with the original firmware. If a device is flashed correctly it's not likely you'll brick your device but it can happen. Intentional or not Samsung has made it more difficult to mix and match firmware. Certain Carrier Services like Carrier Aggregation, VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling and 5G may not function. If you want to be certain you'll have complete call functionality aquire your Service Providers device!

Sometimes there's a trade off. You may have to deal with Carrier Bloatware or a less than perfect SoC so it's wise to access your device requirements BEFORE you select the device. There are so many variants of the S20 and Carrier Requirements for full functionality it's impossible to say this will work or not. In most cases you won't know until you try. Check out this guide so you'll have a better understanding for changing your CSC.

https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-change-csc-code-on-any-samsung-galaxy-device/

Last edited:

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
Wow! That's a first, wasn't aware the Snapdragon variant had a Multi-CSC, like OXM on Exynos devices. Is the list of CSC's mainly Canada's Branded Carriers? Post a screen shot if possible, thanks!

Works in US G988U(us Cellular model switched to u1 firmware)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-122507.jpg
    Screenshot_20200511-122507.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 476

rbarcia

May 31, 2020
Hi, I have an S20 Ultra SM-G988B /DS LTE with firmware UPO (Paraguay) anyone can let me know wich CSC alternative can I use?
Thank you

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Try this - Go to "Settings" then "About phone". Write down your IMEI Number. Open dialer and enter *#272*IMEInumber# (In the thread replace IMEInumber with your actual IMEI Number). Press dial, you should see a screen with the list of available CSC codes for your device. Select the CSC that you want and tap the Install option. This method works on the S10, it should work on the S20 as well.

Worked on my S20 Ultra (Canada).
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get eSIM enabled on my Canadian S20 (SM-G981W), and I was wondering if a CSC change using the method you mentioned will do that?

Here is what I see as the available CSCs:

https://m.imgur.com/a/OoIY5TX

I've been out of the Samsung game for a while, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get eSIM enabled on my Canadian S20 (SM-G981W), and I was wondering if a CSC change using the method you mentioned will do that?

Here is what I see as the available CSCs:

https://m.imgur.com/a/OoIY5TX

I've been out of the Samsung game for a while, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Snapdragon variants with the exception of the Galaxy Fold aren't eSIM enabled.

Reactions: efrant
To everyone.

You CAN change to any CSCs in your S20 line. You just need to use samkey. I did it a month ago to go from HUI to ITV.
It requires no root nor any other particular tool and preserves Knox.

The only bummer is not free. However, you can go to eBay and get cheap credits (to change CSC you only need 1 credit) and so do everything without wiping the phone in a matter of 2-3 minutes.

I wrote a post about this a while back, is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82912013&postcount=8

west2cool

Dec 15, 2009
Durham
To everyone.

You CAN change to any CSCs in your S20 line. You just need to use samkey. I did it a month ago to go from HUI to ITV.

The only bummer is not free. However, you can go to eBay and get cheap credits (to change CSC you only need 1 credit) and so do everything without wiping the phone in a matter of 2-3 minutes.

If anyone is interested please read this thread and maybe ask a few questions and you should be able to get the apk that you can use for free to change your csc. I have used it and confirm it works. The only drawback is it will factory reset your device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s20/how-to/free-csc-change-apk-s20-t4116015

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
To everyone.

changing csc on his model wont enable esim

Reactions: efrant

daffyno

Jun 28, 2010
Formia
HTML:
Loading ADB module............OK
Starting ADB module...OK
Searching for SAMSUNG ADB device...OK
Checking device authorization...OK
Reading ADB device information...
ADB Serial Number : RFCN603VZDZ
Model Name : SM-G9810
Device CodeName : X1Q
Hardware : QCOM KONA
Modem Board : SDX55M
HW Version : MP0.5
BL version : G9810ZHU2ATFD
AP version : G9810ZHU2ATFD
CP version : G9810ZCU2ATFF,G9810ZCU2ATFF
CSC version : G9810OZS2ATFD
Android version : 10
Build date : Wed Jun 17 22:09:32 KST 2020
Sales code : TGY
Serial Number : RFCN603VZDZ
SIM State : LOADED,ABSENT
Debug Level : 0x4f4c
CP Debug Level : 0x55FF
Warranty VOID : 0
SIM operator : ho.
USB Settings : MTP,CONN_GADGET,ADB

this is my info...can i change my actual csc from TGY to ITV directly with samkey???

cjegan2008

May 31, 2008
Tucson, AZ
So hypothetically speaking, if I have a U device in the US, let's say AT&T, and change to U1, will changing my CSC allow me to get U1 updates instead of AT&It's bloatware since it's changing it from a branded carrier in the US to a unbranded one ?

You qoute is misleading.
The guy you qouted has a UK device and changed his CSC from branded Uk to unbranded UK, which both are on his device..

This guy here has a HK device and wants to to a European CSC. HK devices dont have European CSC on them, so he cant change to them.

Even if he roots the device, copies the CSC he wants from an EU decive to his and managed to change his CSC with wiping, not only he wont get quicker updates, he wont het updates at all because his CSC wont be an official CSC of a HK device

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
HTML:
Loading ADB module............OK
Starting ADB module...OK
Searching for SAMSUNG ADB device...OK
Checking device authorization...OK
Reading ADB device information...
ADB Serial Number : RFCN603VZDZ
Model Name : SM-G9810
Device CodeName : X1Q
Hardware : QCOM KONA
Modem Board : SDX55M
HW Version : MP0.5
BL version : G9810ZHU2ATFD
AP version : G9810ZHU2ATFD
CP version : G9810ZCU2ATFF,G9810ZCU2ATFF
CSC version : G9810OZS2ATFD
Android version : 10
Build date : Wed Jun 17 22:09:32 KST 2020
Sales code : TGY
Serial Number : RFCN603VZDZ
SIM State : LOADED,ABSENT
Debug Level : 0x4f4c
CP Debug Level : 0x55FF
Warranty VOID : 0
SIM operator : ho.
USB Settings : MTP,CONN_GADGET,ADB

this is my info...can i change my actual csc from TGY to ITV directly with samkey???

No. If you have a TGY phone, your options are BRI (taiwan) or CHC (China)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have Exynos variant with MEO (Portugal) csc. Is it possible to change to ITV (Italian) csc?

Try this - Go to "Settings" then "About phone". Write down your IMEI Number. Open dialer and enter *#272*IMEInumber# (In the thread replace IMEInumber with your actual IMEI Number). Press dial, you should see a screen with the list of available CSC codes for your device. Select the CSC that you want and tap the Install option. This method works on the S10, it should work on the S20 as well.
    You qoute is misleading.
    The guy you qouted has a UK device and changed his CSC from branded Uk to unbranded UK, which both are on his device..

This guy here has a HK device and wants to to a European CSC. HK devices dont have European CSC on them, so he cant change to them.

Even if he roots the device, copies the CSC he wants from an EU decive to his and managed to change his CSC with wiping, not only he wont get quicker updates, he wont het updates at all because his CSC wont be an official CSC of a HK device
    You qoute is misleading.

My apologies I guess I misunderstood region csc changes. Thank you for the clarification. I am new to Samsung devices so it's a learning curve! Appreciate the detailed reply :)
    Does not work on S20.