Changing csc

Search This thread

BelhassenBC

Nov 29, 2019
Good day, someone can help please? i have the SM-G988B August patch : G988BOXM4BTH5. i saw in SAMFREW and SAMMOBILE that the september patch is rolling out and already there for the United Kingdom (EE) and Austria (T-Mobile) : G988BOXM4BTI6. my question is, is it safe to download and patch it via ODIN ?
thanks for help and answering

im back to edit and say that they remove the update, don t know the why.

Last edited:

wombler88

Sep 22, 2020
G9860 BRI to TGY

Hi, I've got the G9860 S20+, currently on a BRI (Taiwan) CSC. I understand I'm limited to this or TGY (Hong Kong) CSC, but I'd like to try TGY as BRI doesn't seem to allow Wifi Calling, which would be useful to me, plus potentially more 5G bands (not 100% sure on that bit).

I'm a bit confused as the most recent updates on Sammobile seem to have identical PDA and CSC values. I tried flashing the Hong Kong one using Odin but since I was already on the most recent BRI update this hasn't made any difference. I've also tried the IMEI code way and that doesn't work. I'm wondering if there's a way to get to BRI - would going to an CHC (Open China) version and then back be a way to do it, or is there some reason why that would be a bad idea?

These are the identical versions from Sammobile: sammobile. com/samsung/galaxy-s20-plus/firmware/#SM-G9860 - there don't seem to be any Hong Kong specific firmware at all, they're all shared with Taiwan:

Hong Kong
2020-09-06
G9860ZHU2BTH6
G9860OZS2BTH6
Taiwan
2020-09-06
G9860ZHU2BTH6
G9860OZS2BTH6

Pascal536

Apr 2, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
No. If you have a TGY phone, your options are BRI (taiwan) or CHC (China)

9860 CSC Change with SAM KEY 3.04.4 (still) do not work :

Loading ADB module...........OK
Starting ADB module...OK
Searching for SAMSUNG ADB device...OK
Checking device authorization...OK
Reading ADB device information...
ADB Serial Number : XXXXXXXXX
Model Name : SM-G9860
BL version : G9860ZHU2BTH6
AP version : G9860ZHU2BTH6
This Android Release is Not Supported at the moment!

SamKEY Team (2017)

wombler88

Sep 22, 2020
9860 CSC Change with SAM KEY 3.04.4 (still) do not work :

Loading ADB module...........OK
Starting ADB module...OK
Searching for SAMSUNG ADB device...OK
Checking device authorization...OK
Reading ADB device information...
ADB Serial Number : XXXXXXXXX
Model Name : SM-G9860
BL version : G9860ZHU2BTH6
AP version : G9860ZHU2BTH6
This Android Release is Not Supported at the moment!

SamKEY Team (2017)

You can try for free with Odin (version 3.14.4) and download the firmware you want from Sammobile, but the only way to do it might be to go to CHC and then back to Hong Kong or Taiwan, and I don't know if there's a reason NOT to do that.

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
You can flash just CSC part via Odin, it should not be a problem to change it more than once e.g. HK to Taiwan to Open China ... I went from HK to Tw, and back NO ISSUES ....

Qaisarzaman33

Sep 15, 2020
S20 ultra G988B csc issue

I m update my phone to aug update after update my sim are not working imei status show NG sims detected but shows emergency calls is it any solution?

2727alex2727

Jul 13, 2009
Melbourne
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Vivo X Fold
Some guy posted this in another forum

You can switch CSC for free, install Google Dialer from the play store and enter this code using Google dialer
##27262826##

It worked for me to change carriers csc it even shows it in settings under service provider software information. I changed from Optus to Telstra (Australian carriers) it does factory reset your device but it works on my G988B

PashaIV

Dec 22, 2013
Some guy posted this in another forum

You can switch CSC for free, install Google Dialer from the play store and enter this code using Google dialer
##27262826##

It worked for me to change carriers csc it even shows it in settings under service provider software information. I changed from Optus to Telstra (Australian carriers) it does factory reset your device but it works on my G988B
Doesn't work for me on my G985F (S20+) :/
The other code doesn't work too 272

bobsie41

Jan 22, 2010
Hornsea
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Screenshot_20210328-122733_Software update.jpg

PashaIV

Dec 22, 2013
Same for me, or could someone help me find the latest firmware on Sammobile, SamFW or Kijia that would work on my phone? :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-141353_Software update.png
    Screenshot_20210328-141353_Software update.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 39

Iken64

Oct 28, 2020
Please excuse my ignorance of Samsung devices but, I am in the UK and have purchased an s20 plus on eBay with above info.
Could anybody interpret this for me or. Country codes, CSC info etc.
I have tried to search but couldn't find relevant info 🙄
Hi @bobsie41,

Did the same! Great phone, ain't it?!
Was the phone purchased unlocked, like mine?
Using the phone dialer keypad, tap *#1234# and let us know the output
@PashaIV same goes for you

At first glance, both SEEM to be the German DBT CSC

Last edited:
Reactions: bobsie41

theartialmartist

Feb 7, 2011
G9860 BRI to TGY

Hi, I've got the G9860 S20+, currently on a BRI (Taiwan) CSC. I understand I'm limited to this or TGY (Hong Kong) CSC, but I'd like to try TGY as BRI doesn't seem to allow Wifi Calling, which would be useful to me, plus potentially more 5G bands (not 100% sure on that bit).

I'm a bit confused as the most recent updates on Sammobile seem to have identical PDA and CSC values. I tried flashing the Hong Kong one using Odin but since I was already on the most recent BRI update this hasn't made any difference. I've also tried the IMEI code way and that doesn't work. I'm wondering if there's a way to get to BRI - would going to an CHC (Open China) version and then back be a way to do it, or is there some reason why that would be a bad idea?

These are the identical versions from Sammobile: sammobile. com/samsung/galaxy-s20-plus/firmware/#SM-G9860 - there don't seem to be any Hong Kong specific firmware at all, they're all shared with Taiwan:

Hong Kong
2020-09-06
G9860ZHU2BTH6
G9860OZS2BTH6
Taiwan
2020-09-06
G9860ZHU2BTH6
G9860OZS2BTH6
did you ever figure this out? i'm also seeing the EXACT same files downloaded for BRI and TGY,

I was stuck on this problem for a little while. Well, Carrier issues, this didn't solve them, but that's not relevant.

This tool will allow you to select any CSC that is available on your phone (Most CSCs are part of a Multi-CSC pack).
It can also tell you which CSCs are available on your phone if you aren't sure. If it is not, then this won't help, and you will have to flash the appropriate firmware, assuming that its compatible (Exynos/Snapdragon).
No Root or reset required, It will just flag for CSC preconfig, select the CSC, and reboot to apply.

SamFW FRP tool

Hope it helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have Exynos variant with MEO (Portugal) csc. Is it possible to change to ITV (Italian) csc?

Try this - Go to "Settings" then "About phone". Write down your IMEI Number. Open dialer and enter *#272*IMEInumber# (In the thread replace IMEInumber with your actual IMEI Number). Press dial, you should see a screen with the list of available CSC codes for your device. Select the CSC that you want and tap the Install option. This method works on the S10, it should work on the S20 as well.
    You qoute is misleading.
    The guy you qouted has a UK device and changed his CSC from branded Uk to unbranded UK, which both are on his device..

This guy here has a HK device and wants to to a European CSC. HK devices dont have European CSC on them, so he cant change to them.

Even if he roots the device, copies the CSC he wants from an EU decive to his and managed to change his CSC with wiping, not only he wont get quicker updates, he wont het updates at all because his CSC wont be an official CSC of a HK device
    You qoute is misleading.
    The guy you qouted has a UK device and changed his CSC from branded Uk to unbranded UK, which both are on his device..

This guy here has a HK device and wants to to a European CSC. HK devices dont have European CSC on them, so he cant change to them.

Even if he roots the device, copies the CSC he wants from an EU decive to his and managed to change his CSC with wiping, not only he wont get quicker updates, he wont het updates at all because his CSC wont be an official CSC of a HK device

My apologies I guess I misunderstood region csc changes. Thank you for the clarification. I am new to Samsung devices so it's a learning curve! Appreciate the detailed reply :)
    Try this - Go to "Settings" then "About phone". Write down your IMEI Number. Open dialer and enter *#272*IMEInumber# (In the thread replace IMEInumber with your actual IMEI Number). Press dial, you should see a screen with the list of available CSC codes for your device. Select the CSC that you want and tap the Install option. This method works on the S10, it should work on the S20 as well.
    Does not work on S20.