Question Changing Default Apps

Search This thread

Mattycee

I was wondering if anyone with the Find N can test to see if they can change the default apps and see if it sticks?
I always use Google Messages and Dialler and was hoping I was able to change them as have it stick. I know the issues with the Launcher and I am concerned that it will be the same with these other apps.

On a side note has anyone been able to get Android Auto to work?

Jan 20, 2022
Hey bud! Just downloaded both Google Messages and Phone and was able to switch it to default. I used adb commands to remove all the bloatware, and it's wayyyy less chinese-y.

Only thing I still can't figure out is how to get Nova Launcher working, as I preferred how that ran before. That said, it's starting to feel way nicer now.

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008
I read in another sad forums that even after deleting the default sms app and installing google sms you will still get the pop up

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008
I tried disabling the default sms app and using google messages did not work.. will not let me send texts via any app

Beowulf1211

May 17, 2012
So here's the deal, don't remove the default messaging app or replace it with Google messages. It won't work the way you think it will. I was able to remove the default messaging app via adb. You'll be able to set the Google messaging app to default. The issue is, every time you get a text, you'll get a pop-up saying something like "your default messaging app was changed back due to security". It'll do this every time you get a new text.

Mattycee

Hey bud! Just downloaded both Google Messages and Phone and was able to switch it to default. I used adb commands to remove all the bloatware, and it's wayyyy less chinese-y.

Only thing I still can't figure out is how to get Nova Launcher working, as I preferred how that ran before. That said, it's starting to feel way nicer now.
Are you getting the pop up giving you the security warning everytime you receive a message?

Mattycee

I received mine and the limitations are too great. The hardware is awesome, but is ruined by horrible software that is locked down so strictly. The messaging and Android Auto issues were the things that made the decision easy.

If this ever gets a International release I will be all over it, but unfortunately I cannot handle the limits.

Top Liked Posts