Changing Device ID with root

Search This thread

bladez87

Aug 13, 2012
Is there any way to change the device ID of my RMN5?

I used the the Device ID Changer app with root access and it does not work.
I am on Miui 10.

Thanks

Reactions: DineshValor

bladez87

Aug 13, 2012
It won't work... In oreo apps no longer use device id. Each app has its own unique id. U can't do like nougat anymore.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Argh! Is there anyway to downgrade back to Miui 8 or 9? where it is Nougat based?
So even if I delete and reinstall an app, it will still retain its unique ID?
What about if i perform a factory reset and download the same app, would it still retain the unique ID as before the factory reset?

Is there a way to change the app ID?

Thanks

Last edited:

Kapiljhajhria

May 3, 2011
gurgaon
Argh! Is there anyway to downgrade back to Miui 8 or 9? where it is Nougat based?

So even if I delete and reinstall an app, it will still retain its unique ID?

What about if i perform a factory reset and download the same app, would it still retain the unique ID as before the factory reset?

Thanks
Yes it will change the app id.

Read this to know more
https://wccftech.com/android-o-wifi-scan-identifiers/

bladez87

Aug 13, 2012
Yes it will change the app id.

Read this to know more
https://wccftech.com/android-o-wifi-scan-identifiers/

Is there a way to change the app ID without reset?
I performed a factory reset after I got banned on an app, and then proceed to install the app again after the reset.
I created a new account using a new sim card, and to my surprise, my new account got banned as well.
I was using mobile data to create my account and not my wifi, so IP should not be the tracker that was used to identify me.

Thanks

Kapiljhajhria

May 3, 2011
gurgaon
Is there a way to change the app ID without reset?
I performed a factory reset after I got banned on an app, and then proceed to install the app again after the reset.
I created a new account using a new sim card, and to my surprise, my new account got banned as well.
I was using mobile data to create my account and not my wifi, so IP should not be the tracker that was used to identify me.

Thanks
They usually use imei number. And blacklist the device. Uber does it. I had to change my device to create new uber account. They don't give any reason as well. They just told be its automatic ban and they won't lift it.

bladez87

Aug 13, 2012
They usually use imei number. And blacklist the device. Uber does it. I had to change my device to create new uber account. They don't give any reason as well. They just told be its automatic ban and they won't lift it.

Yup. I was using Uber as well. Hmm. Crap, that means I pretty much got my new device banned from Uber...
I did not know that they were pulling our IMEI... I thought it was our device ID. I have a dual sim phone, is there a way to change my primary IMEI that is most likely banned to the secondary IMEI?

Kapiljhajhria

May 3, 2011
gurgaon
Yup. I was using Uber as well. Hmm. Crap, that means I pretty much got my new device banned from Uber...

I did not know that they were pulling our IMEI... I thought it was our device ID. I have a dual sim phone, is there a way to change my primary IMEI that is most likely banned to the secondary IMEI?
No dude.. Uber has banned my device and my friends as well. We all made new account when we got new phone. Stopped using uber for a while. Xposed allows you to fake imei. But i have no idea if it still works on oreo or pie. Stopped using xposed framework 2-3 years ago.

Calvin ke

Jan 11, 2020
Hello. I want to use a loan app on my brothers phone but my brother had already borrowed from the app. I have already changed imei and device I'd but can't access the service. What else should I change? Kindly assist.

foma2805

Dec 11, 2015
you can be connected thru VPN server which is best liar. Maybe you are in Europe and your IP address says that you are in Australia. Just install some VPN-server-connecting application from GPStore, no registration needed. There are many, worked for me when I was banned from online game...

Top Liked Posts