Changing Firmware G810EA to G810EAW

Search This thread

brazer1

Apr 12, 2015
Hi, it is possible and safe to change the firmware of LG g8s g810ea to g810eaw? I thought about flashing new firmware with LG up.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hi, it is possible and safe to change the firmware of LG g8s g810ea to g810eaw? I thought about flashing new firmware with LG up.

I know nothing about the G8s, never owned one, but generally speaking, pretty sure changing the firmware is much the same as the G8. There are some no no's, like if you have dual sim to single sim, or vice versa, but you don't say anything about the firmware you're referring to... it might help to know why you want to change, iow, what are you trying to accomplish?

But more than likely, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd suggest first to ask on the tele group for the v50 / G8 devices, they are more international experience there and will be more certain. Cheers

brazer1

Apr 12, 2015
Thank you for a quick answer. My LG G8s is a g810ea version. I won’t to flash g810eaw firmware because the are fresher builds. Newest build for eaw is 30c from 7/2022, when ea 30a is from 12/2021. Also LG Germany declared Android 12 update. Morover I couldn’t find setting for VoWifi and Volte. All firmwares are meant for LG G8s, which is available in 3 versions g810ea, g810eaw and g810ra.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Thank you for a quick answer. My LG G8s is a g810ea version. I won’t to flash g810eaw firmware because the are fresher builds. Newest build for eaw is 30c from 7/2022, when ea 30a is from 12/2021. Also LG Germany declared Android 12 update. Morover I couldn’t find setting for VoWifi and Volte. All firmwares are meant for LG G8s, which is available in 3 versions g810ea, g810eaw and g810ra.

From what I can see on the firmware pages, should be okay. Always keep in mind that ea individual rom has certain bands enabled, so be sure the bands it has will meet your needs.

Also, vowifi and volte are dependent on your carrier, not just the phone. The G8s is capable of both, but if your carrier doesn't allow them then there's no way to make the work. And, some carriers (like US at&t), only allow it to work on their phones - or at least that was the case at one time.

It's always best to flash an 'open' version Rom, if there's one available with the bands you need, and your carrier allows a phone on their network that isn't running their specific rom (usually an mvno type carrier is best).

cheers