• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Changing fonts

Search This thread

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
What working methods are there for changing system fonts? I used to use FontFix app but it isn't working. Is there a different location for the font file I need to overwrite?

I know there's Font Manager in magisk but you can't see samples of the fonts so I don't know which I want.

What's everyone else using?

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
What working methods are there for changing system fonts? I used to use FontFix app but it isn't working. Is there a different location for the font file I need to overwrite?

I know there's Font Manager in magisk but you can't see samples of the fonts so I don't know which I want.

You can just search magisk fonts in Google and search around in XDA. I was using Google sans magisk and tried the cyberpunk one but eventually went back to stock font

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
You can just search magisk fonts in Google and search around in XDA. I was using Google sans magisk and tried the cyberpunk one but eventually went back to stock font
Thanks. So far I haven't found many that I like, just the common sans ones. I found one I really like in FontFix but don't know how to use it. Already tried overwriting the defaults in /system/fonts but no change in what's being used on my device. I wish I knew what the magisk modules were actually doing to apply the fonts.

GreaterLesser

Sep 19, 2014
Chicago
Essential Phone
OnePlus 6T
My suggestion - This one I know works but I'm not sure if it has a font you'll be fond of. You can find this module in the Magisk app by searching "font". It's also regularly updated but you will have to use the terminal to use this module.

Screenshot_20210615-220003.jpg

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Moto G7

I do know a app called hifont but that only works on Android 9 pie and below but since your probably on Android 11 or above since android 11 is the software version when oneplus 9 pro came out so no it's not gonna work I don't think it's possible since android 10 for some reason

AndroPlus

My Magisk module works fine, so you can use this for your template.

Please note OnePlus uses special colon "U+A789" for lock screen clock, so you may have to manually mod font file with FontForge or something.

Reactions: terlynn4

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
My suggestion - This one I know works but I'm not sure if it has a font you'll be fond of. You can find this module in the Magisk app by searching "font". It's also regularly updated but you will have to use the terminal to use this module.

View attachment 5339381
I had this installed already, but I didn't notice before that it has a font previewer, so I had no idea what they looked like. Now that I found the preview tool, this will work great!

EDIT: Well, except that most of the included fonts aren't in the preview tool... haha. Oh well, I found a couple of good ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreaterLesser

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Moto G7

PKkeys

Apr 19, 2021

Please note OnePlus uses special colon "U+A789" for lock screen clock, so you may have to manually mod font file with FontForge or something.
Do you know how to change it? I just installed googler sans, but it's showing that block on the lock screen

AndroPlus

Do you know how to change it? I just installed googler sans, but it's showing that block on the lock screen
  1. Open ttf with FontForge
  2. Copy normal colon (right click on the colon)
  3. Move (ctrl + shift + >) to U+A789
  4. Paste colon
  5. File -> Generate font
  6. Select TrueType and uncheck "Validate before saving"
  7. Generate

Reactions: terlynn4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_20210615-220003.jpg

View attachment 5339381
    I had this installed already, but I didn't notice before that it has a font previewer, so I had no idea what they looked like. Now that I found the preview tool, this will work great!

EDIT: Well, except that most of the included fonts aren't in the preview tool... haha. Oh well, I found a couple of good ones.
    1. Open ttf with FontForge
    2. Copy normal colon (right click on the colon)
    3. Move (ctrl + shift + >) to U+A789
    4. Paste colon
    5. File -> Generate font
    6. Select TrueType and uncheck "Validate before saving"
    7. Generate
    I have install Font Manager but dont see a App or option to change the font. How use it?
    Font manager is not a app u have to like use a terminal like termux for it to work