• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Changing from Global Rom to EU solved(ish)

Search This thread

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
Hi guys,

So I got the chinese variant of the OnePlus 9 - LE2110. It came with a global Rom already installed. I'm currently on os 11.2.2.2 LE25DA.
I've been reading through the forums and I'm not sure what I need to download exactly to get this over to EU Rom. I think I also saw that I need to let this update first as it's prompting me to install 11.2.7.7. Things are changing so fast with this phone in terms of recent otas and root options that I'm concerned I'll use a dated method that could brick my phone.

Does someone know what file I need to flash on this and how? Also should I upgrade first. At the moment I'm downloading a zip of this but I'm not sure if this is correct :

OnePlus9Oxygen_22.E.09_GLO_0090_2105252341

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
Hi guys,

So I got the chinese variant of the OnePlus 9 - LE2110. It came with a global Rom already installed. I'm currently on os 11.2.2.2 LE25DA.
I've been reading through the forums and I'm not sure what I need to download exactly to get this over to EU Rom. I think I also saw that I need to let this update first as it's prompting me to install 11.2.7.7. Things are changing so fast with this phone in terms of recent otas and root options that I'm concerned I'll use a dated method that could brick my phone.

Does someone know what file I need to flash on this and how? Also should I upgrade first. At the moment I'm downloading a zip of this but I'm not sure if this is correct :

Achieved it - as another user posted in another post. Set your device to EU before you update in the oxygen updater app.

But what was not mentioned is If you are just setting up, you also need to allow advanced settings in the updater. Otherwise I was getting a warning message telling me I have selected the wrong device.

Just updated using the updater with the device set to EU and I have BA version

Reactions: kitcostantino

alex7171

Mar 31, 2013
Córdoba
Hey! I'm in the same spot as you were, but I updated it to 11.2.7.7.LE25DA. I also have the CN version. Do I have to wait to the next update to move from global to EU, or is there any option to change it now?

Thanks!

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
Hey! I'm in the same spot as you were, but I updated it to 11.2.7.7.LE25DA. I also have the CN version. Do I have to wait to the next update to move from global to EU, or is there any option to change it now?

Thanks!
That was my understanding. However I've been having reception issues that I did not have with a CN huaweii I had before this phone so I'm thinking it might be the EU rom I flashed, which would be odd as I'm in Ireland.
Anyway, even though I changed my phone from oneplus 9 (eu) to just oneplus 9 in the updater, I am prompted to download 11.2.7.7 - even though that's what I'm currently on.

Anyone know if this is just the global version of 11.2.7.7? This would mean I would not have to wait for the next update though.

laasworld

Jan 22, 2013
Munich
LG G6
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
That was my understanding. However I've been having reception issues that I did not have with a CN huaweii I had before this phone so I'm thinking it might be the EU rom I flashed, which would be odd as I'm in Ireland.
Regarding the reception issues, bugs are always possible, or maybe the antenna isn't as strong as your previous phone. From https://www.kimovil.com/ I can see that your Chinese variant should be perfectly fine in Ireland. I would recommend that you reach out to oneplus support, what you've done so far is not breaching warranty restrictions.

Otherwise the "nuclear option" is to use an msm tool to reset your device, including the "modem" (or EFS?) partition which controls certain hardware-related functionality. This is because I'm quite certain they don't change when flashing any of the standard update images (not even a "full" update). Not sure an msm tool is available for your Chinese hardware variant. This is also becoming more risky and not sure how desperate you are.

Anyway, even though I changed my phone from oneplus 9 (eu) to just oneplus 9 in the updater, I am prompted to download 11.2.7.7 - even though that's what I'm currently on.

Anyone know if this is just the global version of 11.2.7.7? This would mean I would not have to wait for the next update though.
You said yourself that you're running EU version but have set the app to check for "global", so I'm a bit confused by your confusion. If you want to stay on eu branch, then tell the app that your device is eu.

Reactions: chinbags

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
Regarding the reception issues, bugs are always possible, or maybe the antenna isn't as strong as your previous phone. From https://www.kimovil.com/ I can see that your Chinese variant should be perfectly fine in Ireland. I would recommend that you reach out to oneplus support, what you've done so far is not breaching warranty restrictions.

Otherwise the "nuclear option" is to use an msm tool to reset your device, including the "modem" (or EFS?) partition which controls certain hardware-related functionality. This is because I'm quite certain they don't change when flashing any of the standard update images (not even a "full" update). Not sure an msm tool is available for your Chinese hardware variant. This is also becoming more risky and not sure how desperate you are.

You said yourself that you're running EU version but have set the app to check for "global", so I'm a bit confused by your confusion. If you want to stay on eu branch, then tell the app that your device is eu.

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
Cheers, thanks for all that info. I may just live with it, I don't think it's bad enough to warrant messing around with MSM tools. The reception issues seems to only happen when I'm travelling across the county and probably switching towers.

Sorry if my post is a little confusing. What I'm trying to say is I'm having reception issues while on EU rom. So I thought if I change back to global rom this might fix the reception issue. I thought I could only do this if there was an update available. I changed my phone to global on the update and it says there is an update available even though it's the same software version, that's all.
Do you think changing back to Global could fix it?

laasworld

Jan 22, 2013
Munich
LG G6
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
Do you think changing back to Global could fix it?

I see, I highly doubt it, but it's a low-risk experiment and only a bit of fuss waiting for the download and update, so probably worth a shot. Not to mention the fuss to come back to eu version if it didn't help.

And to be clear about the app, I guess the app was then just telling you about the latest relevant image matching your preference, the "advanced mode" should probably be turned off once you've settled on the region of choice. It's only giving you persistent notifications, so it's not helpful and also quite distracting in the long term.

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
I see, I highly doubt it, but it's a low-risk experiment and only a bit of fuss waiting for the download and update, so probably worth a shot. Not to mention the fuss to come back to eu version if it didn't help.

And to be clear about the app, I guess the app was then just telling you about the latest relevant image matching your preference, the "advanced mode" should probably be turned off once you've settled on the region of choice. It's only giving you persistent notifications, so it's not helpful and also quite distracting in the long term.
thanks, and yes regarding the app, I thought it was prompting me to install the same version of the software but for the global variant, this is not the case if you try it locally. I saw an option to flash it via the root method but this required twrp. Trying to install twrp at the moment but having an issue with the boot twrp.img command. anyway, if there's an easier way any pointers would be great but thanks for your help.

I'm also thinking if my connection issue persists I will get in touch with oneplus like you said - this is not an issue I should be having with this caliber of a phone.

If I get the global rom on, and make the same journey to test it, I will circle back here to let you know how I got on.

Cheers

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
What are the differences between the global and EU roms? Are there any benefits to using one over the other?
Not a lot, if any. On DA I'm getting the odd one plus notification from the updater or cloud services that I didn't get from EU. Otherwise it's the same rom. I'm testing the different variants to see if it makes any difference to signal strength (which it doesn't by the way).
I'm likely to revert back to EU rom because they say updates are quicker for it and 'should' be better in terms of gdpr issues. But they're basically the same (from what I can see).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Achieved it - as another user posted in another post. Set your device to EU before you update in the oxygen updater app.

But what was not mentioned is If you are just setting up, you also need to allow advanced settings in the updater. Otherwise I was getting a warning message telling me I have selected the wrong device.

Just updated using the updater with the device set to EU and I have BA version