• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Changing Screenshot combo

Search This thread

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
Hello everyone
I am using a rooted Samsung phone running stock Touchwiz ROM. My home button has stopped working and so I'm unable to take screenshots. I tried the assistive touch screenshots feature but it's slow and doesn't work in most cases. I was wondering if I could probably edit the build prop or something to change the screenshot combo to power and volume down probably.
Any help will be appreciated :)

Ashwinrg

Feb 23, 2015
Mumbai
Hello everyone
I am using a rooted Samsung phone running stock Touchwiz ROM. My home button has stopped working and so I'm unable to take screenshots. I tried the assistive touch screenshots feature but it's slow and doesn't work in most cases. I was wondering if I could probably edit the build prop or something to change the screenshot combo to power and volume down probably.
Any help will be appreciated :)
I think screenshot touch app help you. It's not required hardware keys to press. When app is enabled small popup icon displays on the side of the screen. When you touch that icon it takes the screenshot immediately. Install it from play store

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
I think screenshot touch app help you. It's not required hardware keys to press. When app is enabled small popup icon displays on the side of the screen. When you touch that icon it takes the screenshot immediately. Install it from play store

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have the assistive touch icon roaming around my screen. One more icon will be quite distracting. I had considered this option but I would like to have hardware control over my screenshots instead of software. This is the reason why I put it up here. Flashing a ROM will be way too much for such a small thing