Changing Sounds of Notifications - such as "Message Sen

Search This thread

mydan

Nov 16, 2005
Lancashire
www.mydan.com
I searched the registry, found nothing, searched through some folders and found nothing either.

So as the subject says, is it possible to change these types of sounds? I've got some great sounds in mind. E.g. the sonic the hedgehog ring, for this event in particular.

... For new text I have the sonic 2 - 1 up sound :lol:

If you could help that would be great!

M3NF

Jun 13, 2006
Portsmouth
www.m3nf.com
Hay there, yep this can be done, thou first you need the new message or notifcation clip to be a .wav file type, so you need to convert the items to wav first.

Once you done that place the newly converted wav file into the windows folder, not into windows>rings like you would do for ringtones.

Then goto settings, and notifcation and sound menu and select the new one there.

Hope this helps.

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
I beleive my expertise will come in handy here :)

There are many sounds which can be changed which ARE NOT visible in the "Sounds And Notifications" control panel. They can be accessed by pointing your reg editor of choice to...

"HKey_Current_User\ControlPanel\Sounds"

We'll take the busy tone as an example...

Navigate to "HKey_Current_User\ControlPanel\Sounds\BusyTone"

In there you'll see:

(Default)..................(value not set)
Catagory..................InCall
Script.......................apr
Sound......................HTCBusy.wav

Change the sound one to any file on your pda. (Must be an mp3 or a wave file) (Include the full path if the sound file isn't in "/windows") The changes should take effect immediately, if they don't you've not done it correctly...

Hope this helps you all...

Note: To my knowledge, you can't change the message sent tone, sorry...

rastip

Apr 24, 2006
Pezinok
brins0 said:
I beleive my expertise will come in handy here :)

There are many sounds which can be changed which ARE NOT visible in the "Sounds And Notifications" control panel. They can be accessed by pointing your reg editor of choice to...

"HKey_Current_User\ControlPanel\Sounds"

We'll take the busy tone as an example...

Navigate to "HKey_Current_User\ControlPanel\Sounds\BusyTone"

In there you'll see:

(Default)..................(value not set)
Catagory..................InCall
Script.......................apr
Sound......................HTCBusy.wav

Change the sound one to any file on your pda. (Must be an mp3 or a wave file) (Include the full path if the sound file isn't in "/windows") The changes should take effect immediately, if they don't you've not done it correctly...

Hope this helps you all...

Note: To my knowledge, you can't change the message sent tone, sorry...

Hi How can I change the new Text Message sound? I tried diferent wav formats, small about 65 bit till 120kb, but non of them where working. I could select them from menu, but no sound preview.

Thanks

Rusty

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone