Changing the Hardware Revision and software revision strings ? is it possible ?

Search This thread

idanohh

Oct 4, 2011
Hi All,

I would like to change the SW Revision and HW Revision to my own strings, is that possible ? where does the galaxy (Original ROM ) saves this data and print it to the screen when you type *#12580369# (SW & HW Info)

i just want it to display different values that would match other applications that verify this to do other stuff...
(I know that the device won't actually change by that)
thanks

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2008
St.Petersburg
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi All,

I would like to change the SW Revision and HW Revision to my own strings, is that possible ? where does the galaxy (Original ROM ) saves this data and print it to the screen when you type *#12580369# (SW & HW Info)

i just want it to display different values that would match other applications that verify this to do other stuff...
(I know that the device won't actually change by that)
thanks

Its in your build.prop

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2008
St.Petersburg
OnePlus 9 Pro
the hw rev is the hw rev of your phone depends on the time it was made and revisions. i dunno if you can change that . this really is not a q/a thread i dont wanna get introuble go to irc hmm mine contains hw rev.... odd yours dosent are you on tw?

Last edited:

idanohh

Oct 4, 2011
the hw rev is the hw rev of your phone depends on the time it was made and revisions. i dunno if you can change that . this really is not a q/a thread i dont wanna get introuble go to irc hmm mine contains hw rev.... odd yours dosent are you on tw?

It's a discussion forum, we are discussing aren't we ?
Anyhow, can you post the line you have in your pda regarding the hw rev ?

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2008
St.Petersburg
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's a discussion forum, we are discussing aren't we ?
Anyhow, can you post the line you have in your pda regarding the hw rev ?

following up im told the hw revision is coded to the board because of the boards revision number like computer parts makes me wonder if its changeable im sure it is but it wont actually reflect that.

Unknownforce

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2008
following up im told the hw revision is coded to the board because of the boards revision number like computer parts makes me wonder if its changeable im sure it is but it wont actually reflect that.

Anything is changeable, you just have to know how to change it ;)