Changing the Region on the galaxy active 2 including R830XXU1BSI9 update

Search This thread

nellinodj

Dec 17, 2008
[QUOTE = "tarti321, post: 83977219, membro: 4104994"]
Ciao ragazzi,

il mio orologio è GA2 (R820) Tizen versione 5.5.0.1 e il numero di build è R820XXU1CTJ5.
Vorrei cambiare la regione in modo da poter abilitare la funzione di pagamento di Samsung.
È sicuro? Lo chiedo perché ho installato l'ultima versione!

Grazie
[/CITAZIONE]
sorry have you solved?
I'm still on R820XXU1CTJ5 oxa have you found some guide? Thanks

primusmagestri

Sep 16, 2010
21. reboot the device into recovery (i used /usr/bin/csc-util --reboot customer_change but i'm not sure it's necessary)
22. run netodin again and select AP, BL and CSC to flash stock

step #21 was missing from other guide and seems that caused the area code NOT to be changed so thank you for pointing that out.

BUT

step #22 - you don't mention CP file, was that not necessary for R830? on my R825F i nearly bricked, thankfully going to download mode - AP was still available so i flashed everything and was fine.

OzyMaximus

Feb 15, 2011
I was able to successfully change my active 2 region, however when I reset my watch recently to connect it with another phone, my region went back to the original one, is this normal? do I have to change the region again?

PS: I changed the region to enable ECG feature using the combination firmware, do I have to re-do the whole procedure of the combination firmware after the reset of the watch or just the region change process..

pipo6133

Jan 28, 2021
Hi there,

where can I get the Combination & Stock FW for SM-835F? I need to change the region to slovak on a british watch and since the OS of the watch is already on Tizen v5 I need those 2 FWs.

Thank you in advance

fanisp35

Feb 2, 2021
anyone in London that could help me get a galaxy watch active 2 to the uk region when the lockdown is over? i dont have a pc unfortunately - just a chromebook - i am in canary wharf but could me anywhere you want

jithin777777

Feb 5, 2021
Hi can anyone help me here. I am using GW3, 45mm, BLT. I chose the SMR840 file

I switched on debugging, switched my watch to reboot mode. Chose the wireless AP option. Connected my laptop to my Watch WiFi. Net-Odin detected my watch. Uploaded the AP in the AP tab and started the process. After this step, when my watch restarts, it's as if everything got factory reset. Then I have to connect to my phone from beginning to at least get into the watch face. I guess this might not be common or is it? Cause after this step, I connected my watch to my home WiFi, restarted, then turned on sdb command prompt. I typed sdb connect (watch WiFi IP address). But when i wrote sdb root on, it's saying permission denied.

garryb

Jan 13, 2009
hey guys i got a sm-r830 was on tizen 5 flashed it via netodin all fine i reached the firmware but now seems im stuck in engineering mode i cant connect bluettoth or wifi both seem disabled any solution please
in wifi download mode this error p[opups
wd_cm_setup_ap:failed to run soft AP: -1

Last edited:
Reactions: SPIDER-7

SPIDER-7

Sep 20, 2012
hey guys i got a sm-r830 was on tizen 5 flashed it via netodin all fine i reached the firmware but now seems im stuck in engineering mode i cant connect bluettoth or wifi both seem disabled any solution please
in wifi download mode this error p[opups
wd_cm_setup_ap:failed to run soft AP: -1

Me too I can't get out and all options ( except Download mode / Upload Mode ) only result in boot loop of the green texts. A help will be sincerely appreciated.

I think I flashed the wrong 3File (mine was 820f and I did 830 ) is there a way out ?

Last edited:

garryb

Jan 13, 2009
Me too I can't get out and all options ( except Download mode / Upload Mode ) only result in boot loop of the green texts. A help will be sincerely appreciated.

I think I flashed the wrong 3File (mine was 820f and I did 830 ) is there a way out ?
well mine was was 830f and i flashed 830f than also i got stuck in this ****ty mode after reading a lot i think only solution is via cable but you cant buy a cable you will need to make one your self will try and do that tomorrow

Reactions: SPIDER-7

SPIDER-7

Sep 20, 2012
well mine was was 830f and i flashed 830f than also i got stuck in this ****ty mode after reading a lot i think only solution is via cable but you cant buy a cable you will need to make one your self will try and do that tomorrow

where I am from there are no Samsung services so I guess that will be my only option too.
would you be kind and share the results and your progress?

SPIDER-7

Sep 20, 2012
I actually revived the watch using the wiring method and now all is fine. I will give the whole process another go. cheers. 🍻🍺

The operation was a success (!?) And I could change the CSC, but there is something that you guys need to know.

The Samsung app on the phone will change the location or CSC based on the sim card (so after a bunch of steps to change my CSC to XAR in a second all XAR related features ( Samsung pay - ECG - ... ) just vanished)

so technically Samsung is a Bi?%h.

But ... I managed to fool the Samsung app using a combination of apps like ( GPS mocking + VPN + an app called "Android market enabler " (needs root) which changes the name of sim without loosing its functions.) ( I believe GPS app and the VPN are not that necessary ) 🍻 🥂 (y)

Last edited:

White_Banana

Feb 19, 2021
해당 상태의 파일을 업로드 할 수 없습니다.
해결 방법이 있습니까?
20210219_195050.jpg

adem_7

Jan 23, 2008
Prizren
The operation was a success (!?) And I could change the CSC, but there is something that you guys need to know.

The Samsung app on the phone will change the location or CSC based on the sim card (so after a bunch of steps to change my CSC to XAR in a second all XAR related features ( Samsung pay - ECG - ... ) just vanished)

so technically Samsung is a Bi?%h.

But ... I managed to fool the Samsung app using a combination of apps like ( GPS mocking + VPN + an app called "Android market enabler " (needs root) which changes the name of sim without loosing its functions.) ( I believe GPS app and the VPN are not that necessary ) 🍻 🥂 (y)
I wish I had seen this before I started the adventure. All that sweating, still thwarted by health monitoring app.

eArmin

Jul 6, 2010
eArmin.com
Hi,

I need to change my R835U (Active 2, 40mm LTE, tizen 5.5) CSC to the Canadian version to be able use LTE and Samsung pay. Currently it says no plan is available in your country! In the current topic people are talking about R830. I'm looking for the appropriate firmware for my device. Any help is highly appreciated.

matteo040178

Mar 28, 2012
Bangkok
Most old methods of changing the region on the samsung watches don't work anymore. Given their return policy I thought I bought expensive junk.

starts the csc selection but doesn't actually change the region.

TL;DR you need to install the combination firmware and edit two files

INFO: Netodin works fine in linux as well with wine since it works over the wifi

1. Start NetOdin3 click options and disable auto reboot
2. Click AP and select the combination firmware
3. Hold reboot button on the Samsung watch, when the reboot screen shows up press home multiple times to get into the boot menu
4. Jump to the Download (Wireless) and hold the boot button again to get into the Firmware download menu
5. Press the same button to more times to switch the watch to AP mode
6. Connect your wifi to the watch SM-R830-someid
7. In NetOdin3 press Start to flash the combination firmware
8. Click reset and now press CSC button
9. Select the CSC md5 and press start
10. When you reboot the device hold the boot button again until you enter the boot menu again
11. Select recovery and let the device restart
12. Enter settings -> About watch -> Software -> Tap software version until debug mode starts (you may need to restart your watch)
13. Connect watch to wifi
14. sdb connect <watchip>
15. sdb root on
16. sdb shell
17. backup active-customer.info: sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf
18. backup prodcode.dat: sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat
19. edit /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf and replace csc code (I used vim and the XAR for the US version, https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/vi-editor-unix/ )
20. edit /csa/imei/prodcode.dat and replace last three characters to csc code you want (don't enter the csc selection after this it will reset it to the factory region)
21. reboot the device into recovery (i used /usr/bin/csc-util --reboot customer_change but i'm not sure it's necessary)
23. enjoy samsung pay if you have a US credit card (seems like you no longer need to install samsung pay apks on non samsung phone it's part of the wearables app)

R830 combination firmware

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13751174/combination-R830XXU1ASI2.7z.html

R830 3 file firmware

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13751206/multi-3file-R830XXU1BSI9.7z.html

sha256 checksums:

Thanks to @adfree for the links and purcival for the order of how to flash the combination firmware and stock after

[0] Netodin
[1] how to change region on samsung gear s3
[2] combination firmware for sm-r820 by @adfree
[3] sdb in tizen studio CLI tools section
Hi, after point 11 (boot into recovery) nothing happens, bootlogo but cannot access recovery. I can go back to wireless download mode but i need to chage the 2 csc files with adb.
any solution?

The_Aurora

Apr 22, 2020
After quickly going through this thread and googling for a while, I couldn't find someone else with my issue.

After changing the region codes and proceeding to flash the stock firmware, I run into a problem, where Odin can't seem to detect the watch (no IP, though I can ping the watch). Any tips?

In case someone reads this in the future I remember it was something stupid like running Odin as an administrator or Odin using the wrong network card or something.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most old methods of changing the region on the samsung watches don't work anymore. Given their return policy I thought I bought expensive junk.

starts the csc selection but doesn't actually change the region.

TL;DR you need to install the combination firmware and edit two files

INFO: Netodin works fine in linux as well with wine since it works over the wifi

1. Start NetOdin3 click options and disable auto reboot
    2. Click AP and select the combination firmware
    3. Hold reboot button on the Samsung watch, when the reboot screen shows up press home multiple times to get into the boot menu
    4. Jump to the Download (Wireless) and hold the boot button again to get into the Firmware download menu
    5. Press the same button to more times to switch the watch to AP mode
    6. Connect your wifi to the watch SM-R830-someid
    7. In NetOdin3 press Start to flash the combination firmware
    8. Click reset and now press CSC button
    9. Select the CSC md5 and press start
    10. When you reboot the device hold the boot button again until you enter the boot menu again
    11. Select recovery and let the device restart
    12. Enter settings -> About watch -> Software -> Tap software version until debug mode starts (you may need to restart your watch)
    13. Connect watch to wifi
    14. sdb connect <watchip>
    15. sdb root on
    16. sdb shell
    17. backup active-customer.info: sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf
    18. backup prodcode.dat: sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat
    19. edit /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf and replace csc code (I used vim and the XAR for the US version, https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/vi-editor-unix/ )
    20. edit /csa/imei/prodcode.dat and replace last three characters to csc code you want (don't enter the csc selection after this it will reset it to the factory region)
    23. enjoy samsung pay if you have a US credit card (seems like you no longer need to install samsung pay apks on non samsung phone it's part of the wearables app)

R830 combination firmware

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13751174/combination-R830XXU1ASI2.7z.html

R830 3 file firmware

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13751206/multi-3file-R830XXU1BSI9.7z.html

sha256 checksums:

e719a024540706c07ae956c2a737b43dcaefa2b3335b1118121b6ca8168089ab AP_R830XXU1BSI9_usr.tar.md5
    d0be4fdd7f5abaa6a4520f487b85dec14f94dd9d14a239fde69f5281817f7d99 BL_R830XXU1BSI9_usr.tar.md5
    8f28bee9aa56b5c8d2fb8fa7bf16ab5cf0c3bff5fc547e2ada18a90c161f61e5 COMBINATION-FT40_R830XXU1ASI2.tar.md5
    efe5e799c95c70aa1de8cced5a544bc471b2b74f61a3babffa72a7e295804225 CSC_OXA_R830OXA1BSI9_usr.tar.md5

Thanks to @adfree for the links and purcival for the order of how to flash the combination firmware and stock after

[0] Netodin
    [1] how to change region on samsung gear s3
    [2] combination firmware for sm-r820 by @adfree
    [3] sdb in tizen studio CLI tools section
    After reading all of this thread and running through the procedure several times before being successful I have tried to build further (more details) on the posts so far made by others...

The procedure below is known to have worked for at least several people (including me) if your Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 (SM-R820) has Tizen version 4.0.0.6. It worked for me changing from French CRC (XER) to UK CRC (BTU) on Tizen 4.0.0.6. After I followed the procedure below my watch started up in English (not French as it did out of the box) and then a few minutes later asked me to let it update itself to Tizen 4.0.0.7. All seems to be working perfectly.

If you have Tizen 4.0.0.7 please check this thread (e.g. post #76) for further info.

NOTE: The Links in this post are for SM-R820, DO NOT USE THE FIRMWARE FILES IN THIS POST FOR ANY OTHER VERSION

Note: To check what CRC you need, see on site Droid Views "how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones"

Note: I used this procedure because I live in the UK and I wanted the Silver (shiny) Stainless Steel version of the watch, but Samsung UK have only released Gold and Black! Note Samsung UK, your colour choices are very poor! Samsung make the range of colours because that is what people want, choices. OK, sorry folks, unhappy customer rant over, back to why I needed to use this procedure...
    So I bought on Amazon a French version of the watch (Samsung France have released all colour variants from what I can see). When I received my watch (as new from Amazon) I turned it on, changed the language to english, ran through the watch process to set it up (connected to Samsung Wear app on my phone etc). However, I did not allow the watch to update itself. It told me there was a software update, but I did not install it. Once the watch had finished setting itself up and I was happy it seemed to be working properly and wasn't faulty, then I then tried to setup Samsung Pay. This is where like everyone else I found I couldn't register my UK bank cards to the Watches French Samsung Pay service (terms and condition etc are all in French and it rejected my cards). So that is when it was confirmed for me that if I want to use Samsung Pay in the UK with my UK bank cards I needed to change the CRC to the UK one = BTU. So I started the procedure below to change it from French CRC (XER) to English CRC (BTU)...

Step#0: Charge your watch to >90% charged

Step#1: Download 'NETODIN' https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4382735&d=1515359315

Step#2 Download SDBStarterKidv1 from https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4338152&d=1511255266

Step#3: For model R820 download Combination Firmware https://xdaforums.com/sho...81&postcount=8

Step#4 For model R820 download Stock Rom (same link as Step#3) https://xdaforums.com/sho...81&postcount=8

Step#5: Keep on holding the Home button on the watch till you see Rebooting popup appears

Step#6: Immediately start pressing the Home button until the recovery option appears

Step#7: now press Home button again to drop down to "download mode (wireless mode)

Step#8: now hold the Home button again for some time till the black screen appears

Step#9: at the download mode screen now again press home button again until connection type changes to AP

Step#10: check your wireless network in your computer, you will see a new open network will appear showing model number of your watch, connect your system to that network

Step#11: Now open NETODIN and you will be able to see that NETODIN shows connected

Step#12a: In NETODIN select options and turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT.

Step#12b: Click on AP in NETODIN and select the file from the combination firmware, when NETODIN has finished checking the file, press the start button.

Step#13a: once you see pass status in NETODIN press the reset button

Step#13b: In NETODIN select options again and again turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT

Step#13c: Select CSC and select the CSC file located in the STOCK ROM file, press start button

Step#14: once you see pass status in the NETODIN, hold the Home button on your watch until you see rebooting splash and repeat the STEP#6 to access the recovery options menu

Step#15: go down so "recovery" is selected and then hold down the HOME button until black screen appears

Step#16: your watch shall start normally and after that go to settings in your watch turn on wifi and connect to your wifi network, just search for IP their and note it down

Step#17: go to about and software "third item written in blue color of two characters most likely" locate software and continue tapping on that until you see some popup appears

Step#18: restart your watch (hold home key until it powers off, then hold home key again till it restarts)

Step#19: open SDBStarterKidv1.zip and extract content. Open the folder data/tools and run ansicon.exe. This will open a CLI = Command Line Interface

Step#20: Type: sdb connect ***.***.*.***
    ps * indicate your watch ip which you have written in step #16
    you shall see connected to

Step#21: Type: sdb root on

Step#22: Type: sdb shell

Step#23: Type: edit /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf
    you will see something written at your screen in this way..

CSC
    ~
    ~
    ~

Step#24: press i on your keyboard and replace the three alphabets representing your current CSC to your desired CSC code. If you do not knwo what CRC you need see on site Droid Views "how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones"

Step#25: hit escape key

Step#26: Type: : (yes that is a single colon, no spaces, don't type this text, just the single colon)

Step#27: Type: wq
    Note: Ignore any error about can't write to a file XXXX where XXXX is not the file we are editing. If you want to check your change was saved you can re open the file and you should see your changes already exist

Step#28: Type: edit /csa/imei/prodcode.dat

Step#29: Repeat step# 24,25,26,27
    again ignore any error about writing to another file

Step#30: repeat step# 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 just don't untick autoreboot this time

Step#31: select BL,AP and CSC from the stock rom

Step#32: Delete the galaxy wearable app and plugin and then unpair your watch from the phone

Step#33: after NETODIN shows pass, your watch should start normally and you should be able to connect your watch to mobile

all credits and thanks goes to...

@tb_
    @adfree
    @hashirajaz94
    ps: don't put on charge your device for few minutes due to overheating.

Hope that helps you RobinGB
    Step # 1: Download 'NETODIN' https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4382735&d=1515359315
    Step # 2: Download SDB http://download.tizen.org/sdk/tizenstudio/official/binary/sdb_2.2.89_windows-64.zip
    Step # 3: For Model # R820 download Combination Firmware https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80340381&postcount=8
    Step # 4 For model R820 download stock rom from link in Step #3
    "Make sure your watch is 90% or above charged"
    Step#5: Keep on holding the Home button on the watch till you see Rebooting popup appears
    Step#6: Immediately start pressing the Home button until the recovery option appears
    Step#7: now press Home button again to drop down to "download mode (wireless mode)
    Step#8: now hold the Home button again for some time till the black screen appears
    Step#9: at the download mode screen now again press home button again until connection type changes to AP
    Step#10: check your wireless network in your computer, you will see a new open network will appear showing model number of your watch, connect your system to that network
    Step#11: Now open NETODIN and you will be able to see that NETODIN shows connected
    Step#12: click on AP in NETODIN and select the file from the combination firmware and make sure you have unticked AUTOREBOOT option before pressing start
    Step#13: once you see pass status in NETODIN press reset, select CSC and select the CSC file located in the STOCK ROM file , also make sure you unchecked autoreboot before starting
    Step#14: once you see pass status in the NETODIN, hold the Home button on your watch until you see rebooting splash and repeat the STEP#6
    Step#15: drag down to recovery and keep on pressing the HOME button until black screen appears
    Step#16: your watch shall start normally and after that go to settings in your watch turn on wifi and connect to your wifi network, just search for IP their and note it down
    Step#17: go to about and software "third item written in blue color of two characters most likely" locate software and continue tapping on that until you see some popup appears
    Step#18: restart your watch
    Step#19: open SDB folder in your computer open data folder and then tools , run ansicon
    Step#20: sdb connect ***.***.*.***
    ps * indicate your watch ip which you have written in step #16
    you shall see connected to
    Step#21: sdb root on
    Step#22: sdb shell
    Step#23: edit /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf
    you will see something written at your screen in this way
    csc
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Step#24: press i on your keyboard and replace the three alphabets representing your current csc to your desired csc code
    Step#25: hit escape key
    Step#26: type :
    Step#27: type wq
    Step#28: edit /csa/imei/prodcode.dat
    Step#29: Repeat step# 24,25,26,27
    ignore any error
    Step#30: repeat step# 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 just don't untick autoreboot this time
    Step#31: select BL,AP and CSC from the stock rom
    Step#32: Delete the galaxy wearable app and plugin and then unpair your watch from the phone
    Step#33: after NETODIN shows pass, your watch should start normally and you should be able to connect your watch to mobile

all credits and thanks goes to
    @adfree
    @tb_

ps: don't put on charge your device for few minutes due to overheating.
    1. What is the worst thing that might happen if I do something wrong? Can the watch be ruind? Can I fix it if it happens?

No one will give you guarantees on this because no one wants to blame if something goes wrong. But if you try absolutely under no circumstances interrupt the flashing process and absolutely don't use the wrong model ROM. Also to be safe don't try to flash a firmware that has a lower version than your current one.

2. Where can I find the csc of my country "Sweden" I googled it and found like 5 or 6 different csc !! Is there any trusted source?

csc usually depends on the vendor. So there are a bunch of sweden csc's . But you should be able to find your current csc in /cas/imei/prodcode.dat

a list is on droid views

3. Is it appliable to R820??? the 44mm model? or do I need to do something different in my case??

r820 is the 44mm bluetooth model.

825 and 835 are lte with one version being US and the other being global I believe.
    I'll check this tomorow!

Ihave all these if you want:
    COMBINATION FT40 R820XXU1ASL2
    COMBINATION FT40 R820XXU1ASK3
    COMBINATION FT40 R820XXU1ASK2
    COMBINATION FT40 R820XXU1ASI2
    COMBINATION FT40 R820XXU1ASI1
    COMBINATION FT40 R820XXU1ASH3
    COMBINATION FT40 R820XXU1ASH2
    R820XXU1BSJ9 Tizen 3File
    R820XXU1BSJ6 Tizen 3File
    R820XXU1BSI9 Tizen 3File