Changing the Sprint banner?

Search This thread

Bradlo

Mar 31, 2010
Is there anyway to modify the "Sprint" on the lockscreen or in the notification area? I know the Droid can change theirs by editing eri.xml in a hex editor but I don't see any option for it.

Ideas?

ruskiyab

Oct 4, 2007
It is most certainly possible :D
snap20100608_013830.png
snap20100608_013846.png

You can do it in QPST.

petrochemicals

Nov 27, 2007
It's one of those things that if you don't know how to do it, you shouldn't be messing with it

Then don't bother posting about it. The point of this forum is to share ideas, not act holier than thou. I mean Wow you are so cool, you know something we normal people don't. So why don't you take your bad attitude somewhere else.

Bradlo

Mar 31, 2010
Last edited:

Jykinturah

Jun 11, 2010
It's one of those things that if you don't know how to do it, you shouldn't be messing with it

Apparently, I lack the intelligence required to learn anything new. I apologize for wasting your precious time in which you had to type a response that was useless to the community in general.

Instead I will look at documentation for QPST and use my 'lack' of intelligence to find other solutions online. When I do find such a solution, I will be sure to share it with the community who I personally believe has the mental acuity (not to mention the drive) to learn something new.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
Here is a simple method, Download the HTC Diag Drivers, search for them.
Download CDMAWS from www.cdma-ware.com
Just download the demo.

Go to the phone dial ##Diag#, send. This enters DIAG mode, install the drivers. *Note the comport. You might have to change this so search on how to change comport numbers.

Launch the demo of CDMAWS, select correct comport, go to security, read SPC, Send SPC.
Then go to the NAM Tab and where it says BANNER, write what you want to appear. Go back to Main Tab click mode reset, then disconnect.

Jykinturah

Jun 11, 2010
Just download the demo.

Go to the phone dial ##Diag#, send. This enters DIAG mode, install the drivers. *Note the comport. You might have to change this so search on how to change comport numbers.

Launch the demo of CDMAWS, select correct comport, go to security, read SPC, Send SPC.
Then go to the NAM Tab and where it says BANNER, write what you want to appear. Go back to Main Tab click mode reset, then disconnect.

Only available to a registered version.

Bradlo

Mar 31, 2010
Just download the demo.

Whoa! A constructive post!

Bradlo

Mar 31, 2010
When I dial ##3424# I get an automated message that says I dialed a wrong number. Could this be because I'm running Froyo?

Last edited:

slayer69

Jul 3, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Just download the demo.

I get the same as the last poster that tried this. When you go to write the Nam it will say only in the registered version. :(

ruskiyab

Oct 4, 2007
The reason I won't share it is not because I'm an asshole as mentioned earlier, it's because it's very easy to screw up your phone in QPST and a nandroid backup won't fix it. It's one of those things that you only mess with if you know what you're doing.

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
The reason I won't share it is not because I'm an asshole as mentioned earlier, it's because it's very easy to screw up your phone in QPST and a nandroid backup won't fix it. It's one of those things that you only mess with if you know what you're doing.

lol all bow down to the great ruskiyab!

I'll write up a guide for yall. It's easy as pie. You can screw up your phone obvously, but that comes with half the things we do. If your willing to try it, your willing to screw up your phone. . .
:p

Last edited: