• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Changing the Virtual Keys Background

Search This thread

gfsincere

Dec 9, 2010
I would love to know if there is any way to change the background behind the virtual keys from black to something else. I've looked through the systemUI.apk and I don't see where I would do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007

schriss

Feb 6, 2006
Dublin
It should be easy to change the icons/background. I was thinking about replacing these icons with some better ones as I don't really like black/grey theme, but couldn't find any nice ones (wasn't looking too hard either...)

N

NitrozKC

Its pretty easy to change the backgrounds really. As the thread above states, just drag out the ic_sysbar_highlight.png button. Open it in Photoshop, add the desired image fine you want, set it to the back and allign, save it, put it back in the res\Drawable-xhdpi folder and flash. There ya go.

gfsincere

Dec 9, 2010
That only changes the button press right? Instead of the blue circle when you press a virtual key you get an image? Because that's what the file they replace with the mod is for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus