Charge Limiting to Extend Battery Life

Search This thread

Vikash00712

Sep 7, 2018
Rog phone 2 battery care

Hi all my rog phone 2 was on good before and now it changed to fair so will it change to good now or it will stay same

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200507-221933220.jpg
    Screenshot_20200507-221933220.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 127

SilentDevGuy

• Feb 10, 2021
    Did you ever know that even authority can be wrong in facts as well? I can confirm that battery feels alot better with discharge and charge than what it is with 100% all time or 70-80%.

How I can confirm is that I have a Microsoft surface Pro 4 and when I kept it on charger at 100% for a day or two the wear level jumped from 0% to 3% but when I discharged it and recharged it after some time then tear level on battery went back to 0% and capacity was back to its full capacity again. So discharge and recharge does not always wear the battery out. It actually makes battery feel better too.

So please don't always believe what internet and what authority States. Since on internet there is alot of false facts and authority gives alot of nonsense facts alot of times too.

Let me explain where you are incredibly wrong and make yourself sound shortsighted.

You say you disagree with OP.
    You say wear level increases when you keep phone at 100%.
    EXACTLY WHAT OP IS SAYING AS WELL.
    You misunderstand completely. The op is saying keeping it between his stated parameters is better. Please do research on the topic, you are correct there is a lot of nonsense on the internet, including yours.

Jake.S

Oct 9, 2017
    Stockholm
    Let me explain where you are incredibly wrong and make yourself sound shortsighted.

You say you disagree with OP.
    You say wear level increases when you keep phone at 100%.
    EXACTLY WHAT OP IS SAYING AS WELL.
    You misunderstand completely. The op is saying keeping it between his stated parameters is better. Please do research on the topic, you are correct there is a lot of nonsense on the internet, including yours.
    I don't think you even read what I said properly so you are one that needs to look better. Not me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Limiting the battery charge to a fraction (70%-80%) of it's full capacity is a well known way to greatly extend the battery's charge capacity lifetime. There are several (root) apps created to automate this, that stop the phone from charging once a selected charge level is reached. Battery Charge Limit is one (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/root-battery-charge-limit-t3557002), ACCA is another (https://github.com/MatteCarra/AccA/). So far I have not been successful getting either of those to work with the ROG2. I was wondering if anybody has had any success with those apps or any other way to limit the battery charge on the ROG2?
      I'm facing issue with my Rog 2, my phone is not charging fast
      1. I'm using 18w charger come with the phone to charge
      2. I have used Xiaomi 2i power bank with 18w output to charge my phone (still not working)
      3. I restart the phone on charging it goes down 36% to 29%
      4. On charging when i restart the phone it goes 8% to 13%
      5. I'm facing this problem from the yesterday
      6. Double plus sign on battery icon as well as fast charging text on home screen is also not showing while charging

What is the issue please help anyone

currently facing the same issue and this is the first time in 2 week time. though on the lock screen, it shows fast charging.. but it isnt working smh
      Without root any chances

Because i don't want to root my phone

There is no programmatic way to internally control the charging process without root, however there are some (not as good) alternatives.

First there is an app Accubattery that will give you a notification when the battery reaches a given level, you have to then disconnect the charger manually.

A second way to do this would be to use a smart plug and control it with Tasker. Don't know if anyone has done this but it should be possible.

Another possibility that is not vailable yet would be a kickstarter project called BatteryPal. This is a charging cable that had a bluetooth interface built in to it that would control charging using an app on the phone.They arr saying it will be available March 2020, but who knows.