Charge Pixel C while using usb audio.

Search This thread

MBugeyes

Oct 20, 2014
Vancouver
HI all. First post from a long time lurker. I'd like to thank all of you who have provided so much information in these forums.

With USB C on a Pixel C, is it possible to charge while benefitting from USB Audio. I know this was not possible with the old otg standard, but I can not find a satisfying answer or or hardware,

Any information you can proovide to answer the question to simply point my search in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

M

regime2008

Nov 2, 2009
Snellville
HI all. First post from a long time lurker. I'd like to thank all of you who have provided so much information in these forums.

With USB C on a Pixel C, is it possible to charge while benefitting from USB Audio. I know this was not possible with the old otg standard, but I can not find a satisfying answer or or hardware,

Any information you can proovide to answer the question to simply point my search in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

M
I will test this myself this afternoon

oktrav

Jan 23, 2014
Thanks regime2008! Any news on USB host mode for audio? Best, nbpf

I'm not saying it doesn't work, but I haven't been successful getting USB audio to work with my portable Teac DAC/HA. In fact, connecting to Pixel C via USB type C-to-A cable (included with my N6P) pretty immediately forces reboot. Same DAC works perfectly with N6P and 2015 CB Pixel, although only when connected to the latter's USB 2.0 type A ports. Could be a USB 3.0/3.1 thing? I haven't bothered digging out my old Fiio test that, but considering my luck with the Teac, I'm not hopeful.

Anyone care to chime in? I'm not engineer or much of an audiophile. The lack of information on this subject --specifically as relating to the Pixel C-- is kind of frustrating. I suppose that's the downside to Pixel hardware.... the community's only as good as the number of people who actually buy the da**** things, which unfortunately is most likely going to be rather... limited.

regime2008

Nov 2, 2009
Snellville
I'm not saying it doesn't work, but I haven't been successful getting USB audio to work with my portable Teac DAC/HA. In fact, connecting to Pixel C via USB type C-to-A cable (included with my N6P) pretty immediately forces reboot. Same DAC works perfectly with N6P and 2015 CB Pixel, although only when connected to the latter's USB 2.0 type A ports. Could be a USB 3.0/3.1 thing? I haven't bothered digging out my old Fiio test that, but considering my luck with the Teac, I'm not hopeful.

Anyone care to chime in? I'm not engineer or much of an audiophile. The lack of information on this subject --specifically as relating to the Pixel C-- is kind of frustrating. I suppose that's the downside to Pixel hardware.... the community's only as good as the number of people who actually buy the da**** things, which unfortunately is most likely going to be rather... limited.

I am so sorry I am beyond late. But during my testing, my DAC will not work as well. I have the TEAC HA-P50 and no luck here. The pixel C is a tricky piece of hardware, and I hope the devs get the functionality out of it.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone