• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Charger connecting and disconnecting rapidly

Search This thread

jayusonawane

Oct 20, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
hi,
I have done some research on the 33 Watt fast charger and the cable provided in the box.

the problem of the charger disconnecting and connecting is not really a problem..
its their so-called Rapid Charging technology which switches between the various outputs of that charger according to device and battery temperature.. and also there is an extra power wire running across the charger to mobile.. so the rapid charging is only supported by the cable provided in the box.. not with any other cables... so if you are using any other wire then you are charging with 27 watts only.. you will not get that problem. if you are okay with 27-watt charging then use third party cable.. you won't get that problem of disconnecting and connecting..
also, point to mention.. use that cable carefully if you damaged or lost that cable you will lose your rapid charging.. and that wire is available only on MI.com website and unfortunately bundled with a charger priced at 1000 rs... Link

attaching the image of the USB cable male adaptor.
IMG_20210320_144512.jpg

that extra pin is of 11 volt 3 amps power rating..
IMG_20210320_231047.jpg

Sumer_7

Jul 28, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
hi,
I have done some research on the 33 Watt fast charger and the cable provided in the box.

the problem of the charger disconnecting and connecting is not really a problem..
its their so-called Rapid Charging technology which switches between the various outputs of that charger according to device and battery temperature.. and also there is an extra power wire running across the charger to mobile.. so the rapid charging is only supported by the cable provided in the box.. not with any other cables... so if you are using any other wire then you are charging with 27 watts only.. you will not get that problem. if you are okay with 27-watt charging then use third party cable.. you won't get that problem of disconnecting and connecting..
also, point to mention.. use that cable carefully if you damaged or lost that cable you will lose your rapid charging.. and that wire is available only on MI.com website and unfortunately bundled with a charger priced at 1000 rs... Link

View attachment 5254887

that extra pin is of 11 volt 3 amps power rating..View attachment 5255281before concluding this as a problem, exactly i thought the same like it's because of 33w charging mode switching. But some of other users of this device isn't facing this. So, i thought this may be a issue

Reactions: jayusonawane

jayusonawane

Oct 20, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
As I mentioned it totally depends upon the battery and device temperature... so we also need to consider ambient temperature and the kind of usage of the device while charging.
At my place, if I don't use the mobile in the entire charging cycle.. it won't switch. but if I use the device for browsing or scrolling.. then that little temperature rise tends to switch the charging speed..

note : I have debloated my device so there are less background services as compared to stock device...

Siddharth_08

Apr 30, 2021
hi,

View attachment 5254887

that extra pin is of 11 volt 3 amps power rating..View attachment 5255281
Fantastic point put across here. Try to keep the phones body temp as normal cool as possible and turn off all background apps, wifi , location and anything else running background and the phone charges absolutely fine. Seems like it is a fantastic safety feature out there to avoid accidents. MI should declare this so as to stop us laymen assume that the phone has an issue and save time from replacements!

Reactions: jayusonawane

mpadmanoj

Jun 15, 2021
I have Vivo V15 pro, 8Gb variant.
I had the same issue of frequent disconnection during charging while switching over to the dual-engine fast charging mode.
I stopped the "always-on-display" and seen significant improvement in the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,

IMG_20210320_144512.jpg

that extra pin is of 11 volt 3 amps power rating..
    IMG_20210320_231047.jpg
    hi,

View attachment 5254887

that extra pin is of 11 volt 3 amps power rating..View attachment 5255281before concluding this as a problem, exactly i thought the same like it's because of 33w charging mode switching. But some of other users of this device isn't facing this. So, i thought this may be a issue
    hi,

View attachment 5254887

that extra pin is of 11 volt 3 amps power rating..View attachment 5255281
    Fantastic point put across here. Try to keep the phones body temp as normal cool as possible and turn off all background apps, wifi , location and anything else running background and the phone charges absolutely fine. Seems like it is a fantastic safety feature out there to avoid accidents. MI should declare this so as to stop us laymen assume that the phone has an issue and save time from replacements!
    It is a hardware related issue, there is nothing much to do about it.
    Its not hardware related issue.I bought poco m2 pro it has same problem but when i switch off and charge my phone it never disconnect.so, if it was a hardware issue then it also disconnect while phone is off.