Question Charging habits with SiO2 batteries

Search This thread

Zaffy

• Jul 7, 2016
    Hello there! I wanted to open this thread to ask what's your opinion on proper charging habits with this Si02 battery that our Mi 11 Ultra's are equipped with. I have been reading a bit on the issue, but all I can find is comparisons between ASM batteries (lead based) and Si02 batteries.

Should we be using the same 15/20% to 80% rule with Si02 batteries?
    The most I could find is that they are way more resilient to 80% DoD's than other batteries, so perhaps we can move to a 10 to 90% approach with them?

Cheers :cool:

Reactions: jericho246

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
    I don't like leaving home without 100%

Replacement batteries are cheap but you lose waterproofing when you install one yourself which is a good reason to take care of it if possible

Jhonxs

• Apr 15, 2013
    It's so hard NOT to reach 100% with the 65W xiaomi charger that i have :D
    I also observed another thing, when charging with a slower xiaomi charger ( the one that came with the mi9 ) the temperature gets higher until it reaches the 90% mark than the 65W charger.
    This was clearly observed via the Accubattery pro app that i use.
    I'm curious to see hot it will be with the wireless (80W) charger.

Cheers !

Reactions: speedtripler

Zaffy

• Jul 7, 2016
    I also observed another thing, when charging with a slower xiaomi charger ( the one that came with the mi9 ) the temperature gets higher until it reaches the 90% mark than the 65W charger.

Cheers !
    Given the fan the 80W charger has, I take it will probably run quite cool..!!
    I am personally also using the 67W charger and even tho it gets hot, accubattery shows it as being completely fine.
    That charging speed is amazing, and indeed, it rlly is hard not to reach 100%. I was using a 33W charging phone before and it was already hard to some point not going over 80-90% :LOL:.
    I am personally going to try keeping the DoD between 60% to 70% if possible, but I feel like this batteries deal with DoD better than Li-ion batteries 🤔

picitup

Jan 9, 2011
    Deal
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    If you want to control your charging/discharging, I found an app on Play called Plug Sound. It lets you change a lot of system sounds, but will also play a warning sound when battery reaches High/Low charge %age.

The plugged in/unplugged sounds work well with my wireless charger so I know I've positioned the phone correctly.

Cheers

Steve

Reactions: jericho246

Kluxe Nobody

Jan 31, 2016
    OnePlus 6
    If you want to control your charging/discharging, I found an app on Play called Plug Sound. It lets you change a lot of system sounds, but will also play a warning sound when battery reaches High/Low charge %age.

The plugged in/unplugged sounds work well with my wireless charger so I know I've positioned the phone correctly.

Cheers

Steve
    Or, if you're rooted, you can install this app from the Play Store, that limits the charge to a set percentage. You can also find it on this thread. I've been using it on my OnePlus 6 and it works great, stopping the charge at 80% and resuming it if it falls under 78%. It's the first thing I'm going to install when I receive and root my Mi 11 Ultra.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello there! I wanted to open this thread to ask what's your opinion on proper charging habits with this Si02 battery that our Mi 11 Ultra's are equipped with. I have been reading a bit on the issue, but all I can find is comparisons between ASM batteries (lead based) and Si02 batteries.

Should we be using the same 15/20% to 80% rule with Si02 batteries?
      The most I could find is that they are way more resilient to 80% DoD's than other batteries, so perhaps we can move to a 10 to 90% approach with them?

Cheers :cool:

Cheers !

Cheers

Steve