Question Charging issue due to phone temp?

Search This thread

mkhcb

Nov 2, 2012
People keep saying that their chargers are not working. I noticed via AccuBattery that once my phone exceeds 100-104 F, that the phone stops charging until the phone cools down. I don't think this is a power brick/cable issue, I think this is a thermal management issue.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
It's done to try and protect the battery from unnecessary stress and possible damage.

Optimum Li charging temp range is 82-99F
A start temp of 85F is better.
Never attempt to charge below 40F
Avoid starting charge below 72F
Fast charging will likely not engage if temperature is too low (around 71-50F or less).
Charging will disengage if the battery gets too hot about >103F.
Fast charging may disengage at 100F and will start ramping down around 80% and ramp down even more as it approaches 100%

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People keep saying that their chargers are not working. I noticed via AccuBattery that once my phone exceeds 100-104 F, that the phone stops charging until the phone cools down. I don't think this is a power brick/cable issue, I think this is a thermal management issue.
    It's done to try and protect the battery from unnecessary stress and possible damage.

Optimum Li charging temp range is 82-99F
    A start temp of 85F is better.
    Never attempt to charge below 40F
    Avoid starting charge below 72F
    Fast charging will likely not engage if temperature is too low (around 71-50F or less).
    Charging will disengage if the battery gets too hot about >103F.
    Fast charging may disengage at 100F and will start ramping down around 80% and ramp down even more as it approaches 100%