Charging LED - How to disable ?

Search This thread

The Avatar

Dec 15, 2008
Very odd request. How will you know your phone is fully charged if you disable the light?

You can also see this in the main display, when the charging icon changes to the battery symbol.

I want to follow up with a related question;
Is there any software to tweak how the LED is blinking? In other words, change the direction and speed. I like the spinning motions (recived SMS) better than the up and down (charging) direction.

EvilDeadFan

Jan 26, 2008
Strathroy, Ontario
I would like to disable it, because i am charging the phone at night so then night nerves me....

In that case, you may want to have the phone and a few other lights turned on while you sleep if the night nerves you. That way you'll have some comfort while sleeping.

If I've misunderstood you, and you mean the light bothers you, then I would also suggest not sleeping with the phone resting against your face, with the light flashing in an eye. ;)

Ok by now you know I'm just kidding, so no offense, but couldn't you just put your phone face down on the table, or even on a cloth if you're worried about it scratching? :)

WatskeBart

Apr 8, 2007
AMS-IX
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Try this

My girlfriend has the same "issue" :p about small blinking lights in the bedroom.
She has a HTC P4350 (Herald) and i installed nueLED for her to disable the charging LED and also the signalling LED.
I don't know if the app works on a TP :confused:

I does require .NET CF 3.5

Last edited:

donnana

Oct 21, 2006
Omaha USA
You can also see this in the main display, when the charging icon changes to the battery symbol.

I want to follow up with a related question;
Is there any software to tweak how the LED is blinking? In other words, change the direction and speed. I like the spinning motions (recived SMS) better than the up and down (charging) direction.

I like the way the phone seems to breathe (with the light) while charging. I think it'd be cool to be able to have it beam different colors. Sigh...remembering that bright, shiney new v600 so long ago... :rolleyes:

da_jojo

Nov 19, 2006
Utrecht
houseofyu.nl
there 8 leds in it on the front. would be nice to be able to control this somehow. there is probably a separate dll for this. like the led of the camera which is hidden in the cameradriver.