Charging port became loose

Search This thread

JavaDroid_

May 26, 2016
Use a different type-c cable. Some people report it works.

Sorry for the ignorance but the problem is not component related?
Does another cable make a difference in use?
I have about 3 different cables that in other devices do not have any kind of error, but in nokia, is always the same, failure after failure.

I do not want to generate confusion, just understand this error,
I was thinking of opening the phone and somehow plugging in the better connector, maybe putting some erasers to attach better, served on xbox 360 :)

thnks

G

GuestK00235

Sorry for the ignorance but the problem is not component related?
Does another cable make a difference in use?
I have about 3 different cables that in other devices do not have any kind of error, but in nokia, is always the same, failure after failure.

I do not want to generate confusion, just understand this error,
I was thinking of opening the phone and somehow plugging in the better connector, maybe putting some erasers to attach better, served on xbox 360 :)

thnks

No i remember reading that the cable was at fault and using a different type-c cable was of help. You can check reddit to get more info, Also there are some ways to reduce the risk of loose cable port too.

gevin_d_mad

Jan 28, 2015
Colombo
I've been using my Nokia 6.1 Plus for more than a year now and yesterday i faced this issue where it took more than 6 hours to charge 20% of battery. I did notice for a while that my charging port a bit loose but even though it was like that, i was able to charge it fine. But yesterday it wasn't charging at all so i went to the Nokia Repair Center and they replaced the charging component of the phone. My phone was not under warranty so i had to pay around LKR 3500(20USD) to fix it. Good thing is that they fixed it within a day and they installed a fresh Android 10 with minimal apps.

gopu5

Jan 28, 2019
Thrissur
I'm using the device with the same original cable since June 2019 never faced any issue in charging. Getting close to 7+hr SOT as well depending upon my usage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So is there anyone out there who has faced the same issue that now the charging port has become loose and automatically keeps on charging and discharging when connected to power all of this happening within this short span of time
    So is there anyone out there who has faced the same issue that now the charging port has become loose and automatically keeps on charging and discharging when connected to power all of this happening within this short span of time

nope...:rolleyes:
    yes the size of cable or the tip is not the exact size of the port thats why its loose
    mine also is loose but charging is not disrupted
    Planning to get this phone, but wondering if we can check whether the phone will have lose charging port or not. Is it Nokia's design flaw?
    Nokia 6.1 charge port loose

My Nokia 6.1 had the same issue with it being only 4 months old. I Purchased it at GearBest.com as well. Chatted with them. Sending it back and possibly receiving a refurbished one back left a sour taste in my mouth. They refunded me a small amount. I checked with Nokia to see if they had a repair depot in the Vancouver, Canada area. There wasn't. I ended up breaking down and getting it repaired close to my home. $180 Cdn later it was fixed. The charging port was poorly soldered at the factory. A good resoldering fixed it. What a burn for repairs. I'm not impressed with Nokia's so-called warranty.

3 weeks have past since the repair, the problem is back. I brought it back to the techs that originally did the repair. They did more diagnostic on it and found it could be either a faulty charge port or some issue with the motherboard. I'm hoping it's the charging port.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone