Charging port became loose

Search This thread

schmoariel

Mar 14, 2019
I am facing the same problem with my nokia 6.1 plus. It will take a month for the parts to be ordered and replaced since this is a manufacturing defect. I dont think nokia is listening to their customers, I havent heard from them. The phone is a total failure

spidr

Aug 20, 2007
München
Hello
I was facing the Same Problem AS i bought the Phone from some eBay seller i didnt get any respont from them and looking through Nokia Support Page it Looks Like i dont have any guaranty.
So i ordered the following part. I replaced my self i had to buy an screwdriver torq something, without any particular knowledge i just show a Video in YouTube. the only difficult Part is to remove the Backcover.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32920...d=8794amp-NHZOtyeVrP27u3EoSph9UA1553328484906

djinn_tyagi

Jan 2, 2015
New delhi
i do have the same problem, but it's not the cable that's faulty for me, the port itself is problematic. I tried other Usb C cable and the problem was persistent.
I don't wanna go to the service centre because those stupid ****ers just wipe the data on photo even for hardware repairs and i Don't wanna go through long tedious process of backing up, giving them the phone for a few days and then restoring my backup. On the other hand im concerned about the local repair shops as they use subpar methods and this phone is glass shut.
Only solution seems to be an reputed repair shop which means 1000₹ down the drain.

omky_b4u

Aug 31, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 4a
Best way is to repair by yourself. now a days repairing smartphone is becoming easier just you need youtube.

i do have the same problem, but it's not the cable that's faulty for me, the port itself is problematic. I tried other Usb C cable and the problem was persistent.
I don't wanna go to the service centre because those stupid ****ers just wipe the data on photo even for hardware repairs and i Don't wanna go through long tedious process of backing up, giving them the phone for a few days and then restoring my backup. On the other hand im concerned about the local repair shops as they use subpar methods and this phone is glass shut.
Only solution seems to be an reputed repair shop which means 1000₹ down the drain.

arsath199

Mar 30, 2019
please dont buy nokia 6.1 plus because lot off issues in that mobile. charging problem, software issue, mobile hanging...... etc etc

hollandnigel

Aug 6, 2016
This is a known problem with the Nokia 6.1 plus yet Nokia do nothing about it!

My phone was 2 months old when the problem started and now it doesn't charge at all.

What's more, because I bought the phone in Bahrain whilst working in the Middle East, Nokia won't repair my phone as I live in Spain :(

I bought a Sony Xperia XA2 instead, fantastic phone

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC 10
This is a known problem with the Nokia 6.1 plus yet Nokia do nothing about it!

My phone was 2 months old when the problem started and now it doesn't charge at all.

What's more, because I bought the phone in Bahrain whilst working in the Middle East, Nokia won't repair my phone as I live in Spain :(

I bought a Sony Xperia XA2 instead, fantastic phone

Same thing. Bought from China to UK. Would need to return to China Nokia said. Repaired it myself for about £12.

spidr

Aug 20, 2007
München
So my charging Port is again broken, good that i brought 3 Ports in advance. Other than this cause i bought the Phone to use it an not repairing it every Second month i am letting this away. Probably Not going to try Nokia again... Very sad AS i have been a Hardcore Nokia Fun. Still using Nokia Ringtone for ever!

salembream

Hello guys,
I have 6.1plus

I have it since 2 months, but I don't have this issue is my phone free of this problem or still it may happen in future?
Aka is 2 months not enough to make sure it's safe?

I am thinking of buying spare USB port in case of this issue happens, so I don't wait long time to receive it without phone ?

G

GuestK00235

Hello guys,
I have 6.1plus

I have it since 2 months, but I don't have this issue is my phone free of this problem or still it may happen in future?
Aka is 2 months not enough to make sure it's safe?

I am thinking of buying spare USB port in case of this issue happens, so I don't wait long time to receive it without phone ?

3 months and still going strong ??.
I am careful tough!

rugalcs

Sep 23, 2010
Hello
I was facing the Same Problem AS i bought the Phone from some eBay seller i didnt get any respont from them and looking through Nokia Support Page it Looks Like i dont have any guaranty.
So i ordered the following part. I replaced my self i had to buy an screwdriver torq something, without any particular knowledge i just show a Video in YouTube. the only difficult Part is to remove the Backcover.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32920...d=8794amp-NHZOtyeVrP27u3EoSph9UA1553328484906

I have the same problem, the USB-C conector is failing. I have been searching for the replacement part, and I found many sellers with the sub board, but there are two models, the "no ic" and the "ic" model. Here are both:

attachment.php

I think the ic model will be better, but you posted the one without ic. Is this working correctly in your phone?

Thanks!

Attachments

• sub-board.jpg
    sub-board.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 301

spidr

Aug 20, 2007
München
I have the same problem, the USB-C conector is failing. I have been searching for the replacement part, and I found many sellers with the sub board, but there are two models, the "no ic" and the "ic" model. Here are both:

attachment.php

I think the ic model will be better, but you posted the one without ic. Is this working correctly in your phone?

Thanks!

Hello i bought both and used both and both are working, i have No Idea what this is for and i also Had the Same question. At the end both after a month were broken again and i through the Phone to garbage and bought a pixel.

Reactions: rugalcs

Darth_revan_returns

Jun 4, 2017
I have the same issue. I live in an area with no verified repair centre, so I'm looking for someone who maybe can fix it. Still nothing....

Suntrupuntru

Jun 19, 2019
Nokia 6.1+ charging port issue

I started facing the same port loosening issues from second day of buying but company refused to fix it even they didn't listened to it.cheater nokia.lets unite together and file a case against them

saikiran681

Jun 30, 2019
I brought Nokia 6.1 plus last September having type C port issue

My Nokia 6.1 plus had issue with charging port the type C port always gets disconnected in the middle am having this problem since few months anybody facing the same issue

mpiulg83

Jan 23, 2019
Hi, I repaired myself few weeks ago. I got a TA-1099 and I faced the same issue. I opened the phone and replaced the part, which I paid £ 4.66 on ebay.

samjburns

Aug 22, 2019
its a really bad manufacturing problem... nokia have got a very bad charging port supplier that makes charging ports that break in months

JavaDroid_

May 26, 2016
Hello,
I have 6.1plus

Mine presents the same problem, I already ordered a new piece, but by
reports here from the forum, the problem is chronic and will soon return.

Is there no way to make the piece tougher?

there must be a way to make it more durable,

G

GuestK00235

Hello,
I have 6.1plus

Mine presents the same problem, I already ordered a new piece, but by
reports here from the forum, the problem is chronic and will soon return.

Is there no way to make the piece tougher?

there must be a way to make it more durable,
Use a different type-c cable. Some people report it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So is there anyone out there who has faced the same issue that now the charging port has become loose and automatically keeps on charging and discharging when connected to power all of this happening within this short span of time
    So is there anyone out there who has faced the same issue that now the charging port has become loose and automatically keeps on charging and discharging when connected to power all of this happening within this short span of time

nope...:rolleyes:
    yes the size of cable or the tip is not the exact size of the port thats why its loose
    mine also is loose but charging is not disrupted
    Planning to get this phone, but wondering if we can check whether the phone will have lose charging port or not. Is it Nokia's design flaw?
    Nokia 6.1 charge port loose

My Nokia 6.1 had the same issue with it being only 4 months old. I Purchased it at GearBest.com as well. Chatted with them. Sending it back and possibly receiving a refurbished one back left a sour taste in my mouth. They refunded me a small amount. I checked with Nokia to see if they had a repair depot in the Vancouver, Canada area. There wasn't. I ended up breaking down and getting it repaired close to my home. $180 Cdn later it was fixed. The charging port was poorly soldered at the factory. A good resoldering fixed it. What a burn for repairs. I'm not impressed with Nokia's so-called warranty.

3 weeks have past since the repair, the problem is back. I brought it back to the techs that originally did the repair. They did more diagnostic on it and found it could be either a faulty charge port or some issue with the motherboard. I'm hoping it's the charging port.