Charging speed

Search This thread

pgptheoriginal

Mar 16, 2011
Stockholm
I'm surprised by how quickly the huge battery built in my phone charges. And, like others, I'm a bit concerned about this.
The battery is definitely meant for quick charging, but since I want this phone to last at least 3 full years, and since its disassembly is almost impossible, i often charge it with my older N5's 1.2A charger, except when I'm in a hurry :D
I think the battery will age much more slowly by doing this, and I actually don't care about the time for a full charge if I'm home.

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
The fastest charging phone i ever had... 1% to 100% in 1h20 mins! I thought my iPhone 6s plus was fast but not nearly fast as my Nexus 6p!! I just ordered a fast charger quick charge 3.0 from anker... Will make some testing to see if it charges quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

feis

Dec 30, 2008
The fastest charging phone i ever had... 1% to 100% in 1h20 mins! I thought my iPhone 6s plus was fast but not nearly fast as my Nexus 6p!! I just ordered a fast charger quick charge 3.0 from anker... Will make some testing to see if it charges quickly.

6P doeasnt support fast charge so you wont see a difference. Only usb c spec charging, which is more than enough

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
I have a 3.0 charger and while not as fast as charging my moto x pure it's fast from slow on the 6p

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Free mobile app

SpeCialME

Oct 31, 2013
I know this isn't the place to ask but is the quality of wired headphone any good on the nexus ?

poolparty

Aug 15, 2016
Quick charge is such a game changer. Coupled with the doze feature which was added in marshmallow, the battery life is cray.

moochinazz

Jun 7, 2009
Im using fast charger, but getting only about 1000ma charging current. It was charging rapidly before.

limping_lama

Dec 29, 2012
Im using fast charger, but getting only about 1000ma charging current. It was charging rapidly before.

Charging speed on the fast charger is fine on my device. It charges very fast up to about 75% then a bit slower to about 93% and the last 7% can take 20 mins or so. About 1.5hrs and its very close to full (untimed guestimate though)

If this phone didnt have fast charge it would be a pain as it drains pretty darn quick and I can never make a full day with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Charges about 2% per minute from 0-50%, then does about 1% every 2 minutes from 50-100%.

not making sense. total of 150min (2h30) for charging it?
    What do you use in your car? I can't find a car charger from anywhere but China and it'll take a month to get here.

I'm using the same cig-lighter, double USB Plug I've had for a couple years... But I just found a cable on Amazon that fit and that's what I'm using..... Nothing fancy.

When I knew I'd eventually get a USB-C phone, I started stocking up on the cables...I'd pick up about one a month. I have about 5 or 6 now, so I'm good at home, on the road, at work, in the wife's car, and have a spare in my laptop bag and an extra one I haven't opened... Plus the stock Nexus 6P charger, so I'm good.
    To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Huawei Nexus 6P can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Charges about 2% per minute from 0-50%, then does about 1% every 2 minutes from 50-100%.
    I know this isn't the place to ask but is the quality of wired headphone any good on the nexus ?

With the default setup, the headphone(s) are a little weak sounding. But using a utility like "kernel aduitor", you can increase the gain, and that will not only make them louder, but they'll produce a more full sound too.