• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Charging speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the LG V30 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

l30n.t1y

Sep 24, 2018
sadly after 1 year, the charger that came with the phone is dead:( LG is unwilling to replace one for me because warranty for accessories is only 6 months. so disappointed with LG in terms of quality of materials as well as customer service. Customer service wise, I was disappointed because they did not read my email clearly and sent me an automated reply. wasted my time going to LG service centre...

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
sadly after 1 year, the charger that came with the phone is dead:( LG is unwilling to replace one for me because warranty for accessories is only 6 months. so disappointed with LG in terms of quality of materials as well as customer service. Customer service wise, I was disappointed because they did not read my email clearly and sent me an automated reply. wasted my time going to LG service centre...

If you mean the LG wall charger, luckily there are very inexpensive QuickCharge 3.0 replacements. Some even come with 10ft charging cord included; useful for when wall outlet is a few feet away. ;)

There's also QuickCharge 3.0 dual port car chargers.

Last edited:

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
My v30 charges faster than my v40?!?
Had bout 2% battery left when I plugged in my v30 to charge on a QC 3.0 charger, noticed it started at 2970mA. It's now just over 10 mins into it, I'm at 40%, it's still sucking in juice at 2865mA, see screenshot.
Accubattery says in 13 mins I'll have 80% and in 20 mins, it'll be fully charged.
Keep in mind, according to Accubattery, I only have 70% of the original capacity left 2300mAh vs the original 3300mAh (2nd screenshot) so that's why it seems faster than usual.
It's clear my battery's dying a slow death, but least it charges up fast, I can't get over 1900mA on my v40, no matter what charger Im using?! It's so weird?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_AccuBattery_20200604-235138.png
    Screenshot_AccuBattery_20200604-235138.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_AccuBattery_20200604-235630.png
    Screenshot_AccuBattery_20200604-235630.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 119

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
Anyone knows if the original charger is "intelligent", meaning it cuts power/charging when battery is fully charged?
Generally speaking, it's not the charger that's "intelligent" but rather the phone. It stops powering the charge circuit when the battery is full. Yes, that is the case with the V30...

The phone's QC chip also allows it to charge at higher rates, if the charger supports it (9V and higher charge voltages). Again, that's in the phone primarily, but in this case the charger needs to comply as well, of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone knows if the original charger is "intelligent", meaning it cuts power/charging when battery is fully charged?
    Generally speaking, it's not the charger that's "intelligent" but rather the phone. It stops powering the charge circuit when the battery is full. Yes, that is the case with the V30...

The phone's QC chip also allows it to charge at higher rates, if the charger supports it (9V and higher charge voltages). Again, that's in the phone primarily, but in this case the charger needs to comply as well, of course.