Charging speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Google Pixel 2 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

trhacker01

Nov 16, 2015
I was very pleasantly surprised by how fast this phone charges, untill the past few days. Now all the sudden it seems very average. "Charging Rapidly" is not anywhere near as impressive now as it was. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to figure out if it's just the phone (I have seen other slow charging complaints but not this specifically), or if I caused it.

I installed that stock kernel with security pass patch, twrp beta1, Magisk 14.4.2, and Viper4Arise. Pretty confident that it's not any of those things, but everything else is pretty standard.

This is the case with the charger that came with the P2 in box, the older N5x charger, and the usb-c car charger. I know the new P2 one is stronger, but the change is noticable all around.

Last edited:

Wartickler

Nov 4, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
what is your best result?
It takes hours to get to 100%. I recently got hold of a USB-A to USB-C cable and plugged the phone into my Nexus 6 brick. The difference was astounding. Full charge in about 1.5 hours. It's sickening that I spent the money on this phone only to have it be so disappointing. I'm a diehard Google fanboi but this is ridiculous.

Reactions: hanifh

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
Some numbers, today I connected my phone at 19% with stock charger.
- 30 min charge: 19% to 56%
- 40 min charge: 19% to 67%

I don't think that's bad, it's definitely not FAST, nor regular. But considering all the issues the 6P had with batteries, I don't really want to charge my battery in less than one hour. (Specially now that the phone has at least 3 years of updates, I'd like to have 90% of battery life or more in 3 years)

I'll have to do another test, something like from 35% to 80% (this would be more real life, I only need a 2nd charge when I'm traveling in a city with a power bank, using Maps and Camera all the time).

Ultra fast charging and wireless charging are some of the features that I care less in the phone. I want some fast charging between 30% and 90%, but I don't require it to be extremely fast.

TL : DR: If you value an ultra fast charging over other things in a phone, definitely skip the Pixel 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanifh

msdx321

Oct 22, 2016
Washington D.C
p2's charging current is capped at 2700ma (could be up to around 3200ma by kernel hax), meanwhile high battery temperature (over 45 Celsius degrees) and others things such as screen state will cap the current more (half or more)
Without those restricts, fully charge time should be around a hour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what is your best result?
    It takes hours to get to 100%. I recently got hold of a USB-A to USB-C cable and plugged the phone into my Nexus 6 brick. The difference was astounding. Full charge in about 1.5 hours. It's sickening that I spent the money on this phone only to have it be so disappointing. I'm a diehard Google fanboi but this is ridiculous.
    Some numbers, today I connected my phone at 19% with stock charger.
    - 30 min charge: 19% to 56%
    - 40 min charge: 19% to 67%

I don't think that's bad, it's definitely not FAST, nor regular. But considering all the issues the 6P had with batteries, I don't really want to charge my battery in less than one hour. (Specially now that the phone has at least 3 years of updates, I'd like to have 90% of battery life or more in 3 years)

I'll have to do another test, something like from 35% to 80% (this would be more real life, I only need a 2nd charge when I'm traveling in a city with a power bank, using Maps and Camera all the time).

Ultra fast charging and wireless charging are some of the features that I care less in the phone. I want some fast charging between 30% and 90%, but I don't require it to be extremely fast.

TL : DR: If you value an ultra fast charging over other things in a phone, definitely skip the Pixel 2.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone