Charging speed

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Samsung Galaxy S9 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: spydoo

aidfarh

Sep 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In the beginning, it charged quickly with the stock charger and USB cable. However, after some time, the USB cable seemed to deteriorate and no longer supported fast charging. I was able to fast charge by using a new third-party USB cable.

Youdoofus

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
after having this phone for a month and letting it update, get settled in and even allow myself to stop playing with it excessively because i suffer from what i call "new toy-itus", it charges slower than the A8 i just came from and maybe just about the same speed as mt old old S5. Stock wall plug, stock cable, aftermarket cable with known effective adaptive charging block... no matter what its relatively slow and i have a myriad of cables ranging from pretty expensive to very cheap. The very cheap ones, of course, suck... but the spendy ones with 4.5 star ratings on amazon from over 4000 reviews in total also suck.