Charging speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Huawei MediaPad M5 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

yaesudx

Apr 10, 2010
Braunschweig
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Huawei MediaPad M5 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Hi

Last week i bought an huawei M5 wifi only Version here in Germany from amazon. Its 32GB 4gb ram wifi only Version (non pro).
I noticed very slow charging speed with the provided quick charge power supply (huawai HW - 059200EHQ). From 10% batttery he tells me 4:29 minutes and with other chargers both quick charge ajd normal non huawai it shows 5:29 hours so 1 hour more.
Can anyone confirm the charging time because the m5 pro charges this in 2:10 minutes.

almaalma74

Mar 11, 2009
Hi

Last week i bought an huawei M5 wifi only Version here in Germany from amazon. Its 32GB 4gb ram wifi only Version (non pro).
I noticed very slow charging speed with the provided quick charge power supply (huawai HW - 059200EHQ). From 10% batttery he tells me 4:29 minutes and with other chargers both quick charge ajd normal non huawai it shows 5:29 hours so 1 hour more.
Can anyone confirm the charging time because the m5 pro charges this in 2:10 minutes.

I have non pro 10.8" 64GB M5, when I'm connecting to charger, it says 4 or 5 hours, but 10-15 minutes later it says 2:15-2:30 hours... and usually it will be 100% within 150 minutes. So its charging is really fast - actually I can't see faster yet...

straycat01

Jan 13, 2016
I don't know of estimated charging times but charging itself with the oficial power supply is really fast.

Enviado desde mi SHT-W09 mediante Tapatalk

stag74

May 6, 2017
An observation.
While using and charging my 8.4 M5 from a powerbank with type c port, and type c to type c cable I notice that the powerbank only maintains the charge.
This being 5v 3 amp so 15 watts.
The same powerbank has QC3 usb ports and when I use a USB to type c cable, the powerbank on the lcd display indicates 9v 2 amp, so 18 Watts, so actually charges the M5 slowly when also being used, which I have observed.
It therefore supports QC2, being 9v 2 amp, which to be fair, Huawei says it supports 9v 2 amp, even though they don't mention QC2.

Last edited:

ronald_loulan

Apr 14, 2010
An observation.
While using and charging my 8.4 M5 from a powerbank with type c port, and type c to type c cable I notice that the powerbank only maintains the charge.
This being 5v 3 amp so 15 watts.
The same powerbank has QC3 usb ports and when I use a USB to type c cable, the powerbank on the lcd display indicates 9v 2 amp, so 18 Watts, so actually charges the M5 slowly when also being used, which I have observed.
It therefore supports QC2, being 9v 2 amp, which to be fair, Huawei says it supports 9v 2 amp, even though they don't mention QC2.

I tried a couple of stock qc2 charger like Samsung and etc with didnt work.
Tried my Aukey QC3 charger too and same no fast charging.
All are measure by electrical measurement device.

stag74

May 6, 2017
As my M5 came from Amazon Germany and I'm in the UK, I haven't had the opportunity to try the standard charger that came with it having the euro pins. Seeing as I'm currently on holiday in Greece, I bought my euro charger so will try it charging my powerbank. The powerbank will report the input voltage and current from the charger...

Edit: The supplied Huawei charger says quick charger on the side, and also lists 9v 2a output. Using it to charge my powerbank, it indicates a 9v 2a input.
So in my case all my QC2, and the included charger, all output 9v 2a correctly.

Last edited:

alvinlwh

Dec 14, 2017
Kirkwall
I tried a couple of stock qc2 charger like Samsung and etc with didnt work.
Tried my Aukey QC3 charger too and same no fast charging.
All are measure by electrical measurement device.

I too can confirm Aukey QC3 will not fast charge the M5. Nor will a 5V3A USB C to C method mentioned by stag74. HOWEVER it does work with an unbranded QC3 charger from Gearbest, so go figure.

It appears that what will or will not work with Huawei FCP is kind of a gamble except with their own or clearly marked FCP chargers.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

As my M5 came from Amazon Germany and I'm in the UK, I haven't had the opportunity to try the standard charger that came with it having the euro pins. Seeing as I'm currently on holiday in Greece, I bought my euro charger so will try it charging my powerbank. The powerbank will report the input voltage and current from the charger...

Edit: The supplied Huawei charger says quick charger on the side, and also lists 9v 2a output. Using it to charge my powerbank, it indicates a 9v 2a input.
So in my case all my QC2, and the included charger, all output 9v 2a correctly.

The supplied charger can charge items that are QC2/3 at fast speed. However the reverse cannot be said for the M5. So instead of just bringing a dual port QC charger on holiday, we will need to bring the Huawei charger as well to quickly charge everything.

kaimyns

Aug 15, 2012
It's fast. 20% to 70% in one hour.

20% to 93% in 1 and a half hour.

Great charging speed for a tablet.

10.8 wifi variant.

BigDisplay

With the in box charger it charges the M5 64gb 10.8 100% in around 1½ hour, thats really good for a tablet in my opinion.

I tried my Mate 20X super charger, but it only charge it the normal slow speed, i was hoping for fast charge, but no

Sendt fra min EVR-L29 med Tapatalk

StephenMSmith

Oct 15, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Has anyone found a cheap charger that will do both FCP for my M5 and also QC 2 or 3 for my LG V35? What about all the various smart voltage chargers like Ankers power port, etc? Shouldn't they detect the subtle difference bt FCP and QC and supply what the device wants to fast charge?

If I recall correctly, looking and specs on the individual chargers was something like 9v/2a for FCP Huawei charger and 9v/1.8a for the QC charger for my LG V35, which my M5 won't accept for fast charging.

Obveron

Jul 31, 2013
Has anyone found a cheap charger that will do both FCP for my M5 and also QC 2 or 3 for my LG V35? What about all the various smart voltage chargers like Ankers power port, etc? Shouldn't they detect the subtle difference bt FCP and QC and supply what the device wants to fast charge?

If I recall correctly, looking and specs on the individual chargers was something like 9v/2a for FCP Huawei charger and 9v/1.8a for the QC charger for my LG V35, which my M5 won't accept for fast charging.

I use this charger, does M5 Fast Charge just fine while being a QC3 charger, so should do both. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01GFDSO1M

Reactions: StephenMSmith

michianamcr

Dec 21, 2010
Car dual quick charger

I have been using this Aukey dual port QC 3.0 charger and can verify that it fast charges both the M5 8.4 tablet and my Samsung Note 8 simultaneously. I drive a truck and use the M5 tablet as a GPS unit with SmartTruckRoute. The screen is on medium brightness for 10 to 14 hours a day and never falls below 100% while plugged in. I take it off of the charger to watch Netflix and YouTube videos while eating or while in the sleeper and it shows fast charging when I plug it back in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B2BMIMS

Reactions: StephenMSmith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use this charger, does M5 Fast Charge just fine while being a QC3 charger, so should do both. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01GFDSO1M
    Car dual quick charger

I have been using this Aukey dual port QC 3.0 charger and can verify that it fast charges both the M5 8.4 tablet and my Samsung Note 8 simultaneously. I drive a truck and use the M5 tablet as a GPS unit with SmartTruckRoute. The screen is on medium brightness for 10 to 14 hours a day and never falls below 100% while plugged in. I take it off of the charger to watch Netflix and YouTube videos while eating or while in the sleeper and it shows fast charging when I plug it back in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B2BMIMS