Chase App Always Detects Root

Search This thread

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm looking for a more permanent solution, but I was able to activate fingerprint by fastboot booting the stock boot image, activating it, then rebooting. It stayed after root, but still don't have ultimate rewards.

It's not a huge deal to people who don't have Chase bank, but I'm thinking this is eventually going to spill over to other banking apps

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
A simple way to get it working
1. Install Magisk Alpha and Riru ( Don't activate zygisk )
2. Add Chase to Magisk Denylist and It will work
So for this process, would you uninstall Magisk first and then install alpha? What's the transition between the two?

What's the difference between this and Magisk Delta?

Last edited:

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
To be safe I uninstalled magisk completely from my device and installed the alpha, re-downloaded all my modules and it worked flawlessly. I am able to use all my banking apps
Trying this now and having issues with chase still. What modules are you running. What is Riru needed for?

Upon testing, looks like with MagiskHide only and Zygisk off, I can't get Google Pay or Google Wallet to work properly on Magisk Alpha

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Trying this now and having issues with chase still. What modules are you running. What is Riru needed for?

Upon testing, looks like with MagiskHide only and Zygisk off, I can't get Google Pay or Google Wallet to work properly on Magisk Alpha

Riru injects into Zygote in order to allow other modules to run their codes in apps or the system server same as Zygisk.

Have you Configured Denylist for Chase, Google pay and Google Wallet apps? You still need to add apps to Denylist for hiding root. Please add Play Services and Play store for Google pay to work properly.

I'm attaching my modules list for your reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221008-033751.png
    Screenshot_20221008-033751.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20221008-033744.png
    Screenshot_20221008-033744.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 37

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
Riru injects into Zygote in order to allow other modules to run their codes in apps or the system server same as Zygisk.

Have you Configured Denylist for Chase, Google pay and Google Wallet apps? You still need to add apps to Denylist for hiding root. Please add Play Services and Play store for Google pay to work properly.

I'm attaching my modules list for your reference.
I ended up using Magisk Delta which worked for the issues that I couldn't get working with Alpha.

Now with Adaway, I still can't get certain things to work. I wonder what Chase detects on Adaway that causes it.

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
If you can explain in details as what problem you are facing with Adaway? Is your Chase app still detecting root after hiding the root?
Technically it doesn't detect root I guess.

Things like credit journey, verifying receipt of a card, refer a friend on a card, etc all show an error once opening.

Popup will state "It looks like something went wrong. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience".

It looks like it occurs with any DNS with AdBlock or Adaway as long as a filter list is on.

I tried unblocking anything with chase in it on Adaway too, but it doesn't change anything.

Nov 21, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Technically it doesn't detect root I guess.

Things like credit journey, verifying receipt of a card, refer a friend on a card, etc all show an error once opening.

Popup will state "It looks like something went wrong. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience".

It looks like it occurs with any DNS with AdBlock or Adaway as long as a filter list is on.

I tried unblocking anything with chase in it on Adaway too, but it doesn't change anything.
I guess Adaway and Adblock are blocking connection requests of the app. The same thing happened to me with a different banking app. You can whitelist the chase app by adding it to your allowed list in Adaway.

Just add *chase* to your allowed list and you are good to go.

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
I guess Adaway and Adblock are blocking connection requests of the app. The same thing happened to me with a different banking app. You can whitelist the chase app by adding it to your allowed list in Adaway.

Just add *chase* to your allowed list and you are good to go.
I already did that and it did not work.

Like I said, "I tried whitelisting anything with chase" and also did not see anything in the outbound that was blocked when I tried.

All DNS requests were not blocked while Adaway was active and it was still not working.

I wonder if it checks the hosts file for anything at all or to see if it exceeds a certain size or length.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I managed to get biometrics working but other things like accessing your rewards and adding new recipient to zelle still doesn't work and will show the "you are rooted" prompt.

EDIT: I MANAGED TO GET OTHER FEATURES LIKE REDEEMING REWARDS POINTS AND ADDING RECIPIENT IN ZELLE TEMPORARILY WORKING. PLEASE READ LAST PARAGRAPH AT END OF POST.

Pixel 6 Pro, Magisk Canary (23014), USNF 2.2.0

My steps to get biometrics working was:
    1. make sure you hide magisk manager and name it something else besides "settings", I named mine "foo" for example.
    2. Enable chase in DenyList, makes sure both options are checked underneath it. (Tap on an app in the DenyList to see the options for that app).
    3. wipe cache and data for chase app
    4. Reboot
    5. Sign in to chase app and DO NOT tap the biometrics option, just sign in.
    6. Now, Sign out of chase
    7. Go back to the DenyList and uncheck the second option under chase that says "com.chase.sig.android:remote"
    8. Go clear the cache (NOT DATA ONLY CACHE) for the chase app and then force stop the app.
    9. Go back to chase app and sign in but this time tap the biometrics option and it will tell you to sign in using your password first. After that it should take you to the fingerprint option page and it should enable fingerprint sign in for you, if not then just tap the switch yourself.

Now of course YMMV so do this at your own risk.

EDIT: I've also discovered that after step 9 as described above, you will temporarily be able to access your rewards points and redeem them and you will also be able to add recipients in zelle. The catch is that once you sign out and sign back in you won't be able to redeem rewards points anymore or add recipients in zelle (fingerprint sign in will still stick though).
    To remedy this as a temporary work around, anytime you need those features, just clear the cache for the chase app (ONLY CACHE NOT DATA) and then force close the app as well. Now go back and sign in and those features should work for that current login session. Once you log out though it won't work anymore. So any time you want to use those feature you have to clear cache and force close before signing in. Not ideal but at least it's something.
    To remedy this simply close the app by going into multitasking and swiping the app away. Reopen chase and login, those features should be working now. Anytime you want to use those features just close/quit the app completely in multitasking and log back in.

This unfortunately didn't work for me, no matter what I did with the latest chase app, it just wouldn't work.

I did however find a workaround that worked for me.

Big thanks to Bad Bimr for figuring out the data off / wifi off part.

Here's how to get the Chase app working:

1. Uninstall any previous chase app from your phone.

2. Download this Chase apk: https://apkeureka.com/apk/com.chase.sig.android/link/2/ (chase-mobile_v4.234_apkeureka.com.apk)

3. Use a file explorer or the one that comes stock with your phone to install the apk.

4. DO NOT open the Chase app.

5. Go to Magisk > DenyList and check everything on the Chase app.
    5a. Not sure if this is required but I also spoofed my Magisk and named it "Matrix" (Settings > Hide Magisk app)

6. Turn off both your Wifi and Data so you have no internet connection.

7. Open the Chase app and enter your login username and password (make sure to click on the fingerprint sensor so it takes you straight to that setting to enable)

8. It will prompt you that you have no data when you click the sign in button.

9. You can now enable data and it will sign you in and take you to the fingerprint authentication page where you can enable it.

10. The next time you sign it, it will prompt you to update the app. Go ahead and do that. Your fingerprint will still work once you update.

11. PROFIT!
    Got fingerprint working again flashing December update and then registering print before flashing magisk again. Have no interest installing Bank apk that is not from the Play Store.
    I have rooted pixel 2 on android 11 could not deposit a check. I read the forms long clicked chase app to uninstall and deposit check came up. Clicked deposit check and it worked. A small work around from uninstalling if this helps some
    I've tried the app today.
    Before:
    View attachment 5555127
    After:
    View attachment 5555129

About how hiding root actually?
    I've installed Magisk v24.2, LSPosed v1.7.2, Shamiko v0.4.4, XPrivacyLua v1.30, Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.2.1 and everything is working perfectly.
    I can hide root/xposed/lsposed/zygisk and fix safetynet, using it, please read my reply:
    My guess is that it's Shamiko that is doing the trick. I tend to believe that the way Chase is detecting root is by finding Magisk. As I understand it, that's what Shamiko does - hide Magisk.
    I have rooted pixel 2 on android 11 could not deposit a check. I read the forms long clicked chase app to uninstall and deposit check came up. Clicked deposit check and it worked. A small work around from uninstalling if this helps some
    This worked for me as well on a Pixel 2, Android 10, Chase version 4.160. Also worked on a Pixel 5, Android 11, and Chase version 4.171.

Force close
    Long press icon and select Deposit Checks to launch