• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Chase App Always Detects Root

Search This thread

whitedavidp

Jul 31, 2012
Thankfully, I only use this app to deposit checks. I read somewhere that if you long press the app in the app drawer and choose the option there you can log in and do the deed even if rooted. In the few times I have needed to do this it has worked for me. Good thing I don't need to try and do more!

whitedavidp

Jul 31, 2012
I am on Android 9, rooted with The August 11, 2021 build of this app. I typically do NOT update any app unless I have good reason to do so. In the case of the Chase app, that reason is only when they no longer permit me to use it. All I ever do with this app is deposit checks and I don't need to do that very often any more either. But I just tested the technique I wrote about above and this app still appears to accept sign-in and allows me to engage in the check deposit process without warnings or other issues. I have not updated and, again, will not try to do so until forced. So I cannot speak to your question.

Shameless Plug: to avoid being obviously nagged by Play Store to update those apps I do not really want to update (or even be reminded to update), I wrote an app that is on Play Store called Hide Updates in Play Store. It requires root and is not a perfect solution. But I and others have had good success in avoid such nuisance. Of course, I also turn off all automatic updating by Play Store.

Cheers

gfrank227

Feb 12, 2018
Moto G8 Plus
My issue has been mostly with the fingerprints. I could not get the latest update to sign in with my fingerprint; it was obviously detecting root; so I downgraded to the prior version and now it works. there's obviously something that it's detecting; and magiskhide, hidemyapplist, and xprivacylua couldn't solve the issue, or at least I haven't figured out how to use them to solve the issue.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Where did you find the previous version of the app?

Cares

Dec 2, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 4a
Anyone know how to get Chase to not detect root or unlocked bootloader? I'm passing SafetyNet but somehow Chase still knows and won't let me use biometrics.

Magisk is renamed and hidden. Chase is on DenyList. Google Play Store and Play Protect as well.

gfrank227

Feb 12, 2018
Moto G8 Plus
Anyone know how to get Chase to not detect root or unlocked bootloader? I'm passing SafetyNet but somehow Chase still knows and won't let me use biometrics.

Magisk is renamed and hidden. Chase is on DenyList. Google Play Store and Play Protect as well.
I Know. Don't know why. Use an older version of the app I uploaded above and don't update

TULOA

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Chase works fine for me on LineageOS 18.1 with Magisk Canary plus the universal safetynet fix module.

Strangely since I moved to the magisk alpha with a boot patched magisk version of b6298f86-alpha which is 23001 I can use Samsung Pay again also.

I have a Google Pixel 4a 5g.

gfrank227

Feb 12, 2018
Moto G8 Plus
It forces me to update today. Sad.
:-( I hope someone figures this out soon. I've tried everything i know. All the privacy settings on xprivacylua; all of the root apps hidden on hidemyapplist....nothing helps with that damn fingerprint sign-in. Perhaps when kdragon finally gets around to putting out the zygisk module on github for safetynet fix; but i'm not optimistic. Luckily it still works, so i guess it could be worse; but still, i'm a perfectionist...

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
I believe that what it's actually detecting is the Magisk app itself. I got sign in to work by hiding magisk app, rename it to something other than settings. And then make sure chase is in the deny list. After that wipe data/cache for Chase and reboot. After that open chase and sign in. Sign out and sign in again but this time press the biometrics option. It will prompt you to sign in via password and then it should allow you to enable biometrics.

After this, I was able to sign in multiple times into Chase via FP. I then restored the magisk app and am still able to use FP to sign in.

I'm using the latest Canary Magisk and the Safetynet fix v2.2 module

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fascinating regarding the fork of magisk. Problem is we really need to figure out a way to make it work with zygisk. Riru's days may be numbered.
    If someone on here wants to test that LSposed Zygisk preview build works with Magisk Canary, then that could save a lot of time. I spent about an hour trying to get it to work to no avail. Someone on GitHub was working on testing it a few hours ago.
    Yes it works. I am running gravitybox and hidemyapplist and xprivacylua. But it doesn't help with chase
    On the subject of gravitybox....I remember using that app years ago (I couldn't root my last phone that I had since 2017). Looking around, it looks like gravitybox only works up to android 11. Are you aware of a build that works with android 12?
    No. I am on 10 so I haven't researched. But 12 is new so perhaps give it time.
    So I managed to get biometrics working but other things like accessing your rewards and adding new recipient to zelle still doesn't work and will show the "you are rooted" prompt.

EDIT: I MANAGED TO GET OTHER FEATURES LIKE REDEEMING REWARDS POINTS AND ADDING RECIPIENT IN ZELLE TEMPORARILY WORKING. PLEASE READ LAST PARAGRAPH AT END OF POST.

Pixel 6 Pro, Magisk Canary (23014), USNF 2.2.0

My steps to get biometrics working was:
    1. make sure you hide magisk manager and name it something else besides "settings", I named mine "foo" for example.
    2. Enable chase in DenyList, makes sure both options are checked underneath it. (Tap on an app in the DenyList to see the options for that app).
    3. wipe cache and data for chase app
    4. Reboot
    5. Sign in to chase app and DO NOT tap the biometrics option, just sign in.
    6. Now, Sign out of chase
    7. Go back to the DenyList and uncheck the second option under chase that says "com.chase.sig.android:remote"
    8. Go clear the cache (NOT DATA ONLY CACHE) for the chase app and then force stop the app.
    9. Go back to chase app and sign in but this time tap the biometrics option and it will tell you to sign in using your password first. After that it should take you to the fingerprint option page and it should enable fingerprint sign in for you, if not then just tap the switch yourself.

Now of course YMMV so do this at your own risk.

EDIT: I've also discovered that after step 9 as described above, you will temporarily be able to access your rewards points and redeem them and you will also be able to add recipients in zelle. The catch is that once you sign out and sign back in you won't be able to redeem rewards points anymore or add recipients in zelle (fingerprint sign in will still stick though).
    To remedy this as a temporary work around, anytime you need those features, just clear the cache for the chase app (ONLY CACHE NOT DATA) and then force close the app as well. Now go back and sign in and those features should work for that current login session. Once you log out though it won't work anymore. So any time you want to use those feature you have to clear cache and force close before signing in. Not ideal but at least it's something.
    To remedy this simply close the app by going into multitasking and swiping the app away. Reopen chase and login, those features should be working now. Anytime you want to use those features just close/quit the app completely in multitasking and log back in.

This unfortunately didn't work for me, no matter what I did with the latest chase app, it just wouldn't work.

I did however find a workaround that worked for me.

Big thanks to Bad Bimr for figuring out the data off / wifi off part.

Here's how to get the Chase app working:

1. Uninstall any previous chase app from your phone.

2. Download this Chase apk: https://apkeureka.com/apk/com.chase.sig.android/link/2/ (chase-mobile_v4.234_apkeureka.com.apk)

3. Use a file explorer or the one that comes stock with your phone to install the apk.

4. DO NOT open the Chase app.

5. Go to Magisk > DenyList and check everything on the Chase app.
    5a. Not sure if this is required but I also spoofed my Magisk and named it "Matrix" (Settings > Hide Magisk app)

6. Turn off both your Wifi and Data so you have no internet connection.

7. Open the Chase app and enter your login username and password (make sure to click on the fingerprint sensor so it takes you straight to that setting to enable)

8. It will prompt you that you have no data when you click the sign in button.

9. You can now enable data and it will sign you in and take you to the fingerprint authentication page where you can enable it.

10. The next time you sign it, it will prompt you to update the app. Go ahead and do that. Your fingerprint will still work once you update.

11. PROFIT!
    I have rooted pixel 2 on android 11 could not deposit a check. I read the forms long clicked chase app to uninstall and deposit check came up. Clicked deposit check and it worked. A small work around from uninstalling if this helps some
    I have rooted pixel 2 on android 11 could not deposit a check. I read the forms long clicked chase app to uninstall and deposit check came up. Clicked deposit check and it worked. A small work around from uninstalling if this helps some
    This worked for me as well on a Pixel 2, Android 10, Chase version 4.160. Also worked on a Pixel 5, Android 11, and Chase version 4.171.

Force close
    Long press icon and select Deposit Checks to launch
    has anyone gotten the current version of the Chase app to work with the current version of Magisk? Specifically, the Zelle send/request feature. Always detects root even with Magisk hide and renaming manager, and deleting all folder names containing Magisk, etc.

Has anyone got it working? If so, what steps exactly must be taken. Please dont turn this into a general banking app thread, which gets very confusing and non-helpful. Just the current Chase app.

Thx
    I'm having the same issue! On Magisk 20.4 with repackaged and renamed manager. Added both chase processes in Magisk Hide, and did a full system search using:

find / -name "*magisk*" 2>/dev/null

and found nothing outside /sbin. Still no luck after doing all of the above, clearing app data, then logging back in. For me, the primary issue is not being able to access "Ultimate Rewards". Interestingly, I was just able to send $1 through Zelle on the same device, contrary to OP.

Edit: The Island app is also not able to solve the issue, which further supports what @ChainfiresSon stated above.
    The app was working fine up until the recent June update for me. Would really like to get it working again.