Search This thread

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
It depends on when you go. Bourbon Street had quite a few people in it, as did Jackson square and the French market.... But I know New Orleans quite well, and go to many parts of it....I have a few favorite places in neighborhoods like the Irish Channel and Central Business District (starts right on the other side of canal Street so it's really close to the French quarter)
I stay off bourbon street as much as possible, only going to two places there that play live music (Lonny really likes those places, so we go)
This is why staying at home is better [emoji23]

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Babydollll

Hey BD! Sorry for being off the grid for a while. Lots of things happening.

New job i like in a company i detest.

Busted my g5's screen and i have no budget so I'm back to using my g3 with half the screen f**ked up.

Got a gf. We're prolly separating soon.

Smfh. Anyone got a gun i could use?

How are you? Miss y'all...
I'm good??
So much stuff has happened in the last month and a half in hard to keep track. Lol

I lost air conditioning in my apartment for 11 straight days.
By day 3 my now husband began to suffer from heat stroke. I took him to a hospital and then insisted we go to a hotel (he had not wanted to spend the money, but I pointed out that I had an emergency fund for just such a reason.... And we went)
I basically lived in a hotel for 9 days (we got the air conditioning back, but I had to stay in the hotel one extra day cuz the groom can't see the bride before the wedding)
Had my wedding, had a bunch of stuff like BBQ's for the people that came to the wedding (BTW have I mentioned that @jaszek was my photographer.... That reminds me...I need to You'llchoose my photos for my wedding album)
Then we went to New Orleans for our honeymoon....
Got back from that and immediately made arrangements to move.
Which gave me a little over two weeks to pack everything up and go.
(I broke the lease, but they only asked for an extra months rent because they knew we had good reason to leave and had they taken us to arbitration, I'd have brought my 900$ in hotel bills..... Which I would have gotten back... So.... Yeah)
I'm finally moved, but still unpacking lol.
Now I have to get my internet sorted.
I opted to get rid of Comcast's TV service and go with gigabit internet only. I'm not getting the speeds I should, but a factory reset of both my modem and router should fix it. I'm just being lazy because I'm tired. Sigh.

Birbs say hi. 20180720_142235.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Babydollll

This is why staying at home is better [emoji23]

Lol.. I kinda did want to stay home by the time the honeymoon came..
But we went and it was a good trip.
I won't have to travel again until mid September. So I have that going for me, which is nice.
Also, hi

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
cuz the groom can't see the bride before the wedding

Yeah never got why this rule is there

I opted to get rid of Comcast's TV service and go with gigabit internet only. I'm not getting the speeds I should, but a factory reset of both my modem and router should fix it. I'm just being lazy because I'm tired. Sigh.

I thought people nowadays dont have cable anymore and use stuff like Netflix

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Lol.. I kinda did want to stay home by the time the honeymoon came..
But we went and it was a good trip.
I won't have to travel again until mid September. So I have that going for me, which is nice.
Also, hi

Hello there

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
I'm good??
So much stuff has happened in the last month and a half in hard to keep track. Lol

By day 3 my now husband began to suffer from heat stroke. I took him to a hospital and then insisted we go to a hotel (he had not wanted to spend the money, but I pointed out that I had an emergency fund for just such a reason.... And we went)
I basically lived in a hotel for 9 days (we got the air conditioning back, but I had to stay in the hotel one extra day cuz the groom can't see the bride before the wedding)
Had my wedding, had a bunch of stuff like BBQ's for the people that came to the wedding (BTW have I mentioned that @jaszek was my photographer.... That reminds me...I need to You'llchoose my photos for my wedding album)
(I broke the lease, but they only asked for an extra months rent because they knew we had good reason to leave and had they taken us to arbitration, I'd have brought my 900$ in hotel bills..... Which I would have gotten back... So.... Yeah)

Birbs say hi. View attachment 4554324

Hi BD,

Not really around in the forums much; the frontpage and rest of life keeps me busy now that I'm an adult (lolllllll since 6 years now, but it still hasn't sunk in :D ). Just wanted to drop in and say it was lovely hearing about your wedding.

And also about you, @cascabel
Gratz on the girl, and sorry about the girl

Babydollll

Well it seems certain things never change in this thread lol
The more things change, the more they stay the same??
Also, hi

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Hi BD,

Not really around in the forums much; the frontpage and rest of life keeps me busy now that I'm an adult (lolllllll since 6 years now, but it still hasn't sunk in :D ). Just wanted to drop in and say it was lovely hearing about your wedding.

Hey a.cid, good to see you posting again.
Also, hi

Oh yeah... Almost forgot.
In other news:

I think Samsung owns me now.
In addition to the S9+ and Note8 (soon to be Note9)....
Samsung makes my new TV, sound bar, rear wireless speakers, and cordless stick vacuum.

(I did rebel a little and bought a microwave made by LG tho ?)

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Hi BD,

Also, hi

In other news:

Samsung makes my new TV, sound bar, rear wireless speakers, and cordless stick vacuum.

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
The more things change, the more they stay the same??
Also, hi

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Also, hi

In other news:

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Also, hi

In other news:

I know who not to trust for Samsung reviews now.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Babydollll

I know who not to trust for Samsung reviews now.

Hahaha.
I also have the pixel 2xl, and the Razer phone. So I'm not that biased. I just love the note series and I got a really good deal on the s9+.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

They also had a big sale here in the US on their TV's. It was time for a new TV. Old 49in TV looks funny in bigger living room.

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
Hahaha.
I also have the pixel 2xl, and the Razer phone. So I'm not that biased. I just love the note series and I got a really good deal on the s9+.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

They also had a big sale here in the US on their TV's. It was time for a new TV. Old 49in TV looks funny in bigger living room.

It was a joke but yeah I guess thats reasonable. I need to upgrade my TV soon too, haven't done that in 10 years ?

Babydollll

It was a joke but yeah I guess thats reasonable. I need to upgrade my TV soon too, haven't done that in 10 years ?

My current TV was my mom's. She got a new one in the end of 2013. It's a decent LG. Speakers could have better placement, but since I didn't have a TV in my apartment at the time (didn't have time to watch, didn't need something I couldn't use lol)... It was better than no TV lol.
But this TV really does look funny, plus it's a lot further away from the couch now. So yeah, bigger TV needed.

cascabel

May 27, 2012
a city in a galaxy far far away
Hi BD,

Thanks bro. Been a rough couple of months. We're trying to straighten things out. Past few.weeks have been okay. Really hope it gets better, or at least stays as it is. I really care for her but our personalities are like night and day.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I'm good??

Birbs say hi.
Dayum... That's crazy. You guys take care. I really hope you guys are doing good. Life f**ks us up sometimes...

On another note... I fortunately was able to replace my g5 (love that phone despite all the hate it got) woth a v30+ (or a v30 thinq whatever lg). Been out of the loop so long. Is it any good? Never bothered to research. Lol. Couldn't afford an s9/s9+ so i stuck to my budget. Scared of rooting/unlocking since I'm on a tight budget.

If anyone has anything to share, lmk.

Yeah yeah i should search blah vlah. I did. Lol. But we're in ot. Nobody got time to search.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

One more thing. I can't access this thread on xda beta. It's always "something went wrong" BS. I'm using Chrome rn and it's a pain. Anyone got ideas?

Last edited:

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Thanks bro. Been a rough couple of months. We're trying to straighten things out. Past few.weeks have been okay. Really hope it gets better, or at least stays as it is. I really care for her but our personalities are like night and day.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Dayum... That's crazy. You guys take care. I really hope you guys are doing good. Life f**ks us up sometimes...

On another note... I fortunately was able to replace my g5 (love that phone despite all the hate it got) woth a v30+ (or a v30 thinq whatever lg). Been out of the loop so long. Is it any good? Never bothered to research. Lol. Couldn't afford an s9/s9+ so i stuck to my budget. Scared of rooting/unlocking since I'm on a tight budget.

If anyone has anything to share, lmk.

Yeah yeah i should search blah vlah. I did. Lol. But we're in ot. Nobody got time to search.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

One more thing. I can't access this thread on xda beta. It's always "something went wrong" BS. I'm using Chrome rn and it's a pain. Anyone got ideas?

Sometimes its better to be happily single rather than be miserably together. Of course, I don't know your full story, so I hope things go well for both of you :)

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
My current TV was my mom's. She got a new one in the end of 2013. It's a decent LG. Speakers could have better placement, but since I didn't have a TV in my apartment at the time (didn't have time to watch, didn't need something I couldn't use lol)... It was better than no TV lol.
But this TV really does look funny, plus it's a lot further away from the couch now. So yeah, bigger TV needed.

Hooooold on. You married and @jaszek was your photographer? How cool is that. Congrats on your wedding! When do we get to see the pics?

Can't wait to compliment you on our looks and absolutely slaughter Jaszek for bad angles or whatever other crappy reason i come up with :p

Babydollll

Well, here's one pic.
And yeah....
Who the heck else would I have photograph my wedding but @jaszek
There's no other logical choice. [emoji41]
Besides, he did a lovely job, I... On the other hand looked horrendous because I woke up sooo sick that morning at like 4am. By the time the ceremony rolled around, I was barely holding on
I left my own wedding reception early because I needed rest (yeah, that bad)
Also, hi [emoji16][emoji847]582612473.jpeg

Reactions: mark manning

Top Liked Posts