Check out the new XDA app! Let us know what you think [App rolling out now]

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
The new app is just an upgrade to the current XDA app, so you should be able to just go into Play and hit "Update"

The app is rolling out now, and will take hours to get to everyone. For safety, we are doing a staged rollout at first at about 50%.

Update 12/8: App is now at 100% rollout so everyone should get it soon. Thanks for testing and using it! :)
Update 1/13/21: We are aware that for some, the app isn't working. We plan to release a fix ASAP.

Fun things to try:

- Login explore the app settings and gesture controls (hit the third button on the bottom).
- Read the Tips and Tricks thread

Last edited:

plegdroid

Recognized Contributor
Sep 15, 2011
manchester
A must read to navigating the new app. Time and effort has been put in to this guide to enhance your user experience. Please read before asking any questions.

☕😊

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
A must read to navigating the new app. Time and effort has been put in to this guide to enhance your user experience. Please read before asking any questions.

☕😊

100000%

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Any way to force update the app? I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and still got the old one
Actually, going to my apps and games section in play store with the XDA app installed, check for updates if nothing shows up, then after rechecking for updates, there should be an update of size 64-65 MB update the app, then you are good to go....
This how I got mine working...

Reactions: ajsat3801

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Possible feature suggestion: allow the app to check the device's animation scale, so that it can remove animations for example, when entering/exiting threads, navigating across the app, etc...
This is just a possible feature that could be added, it's not necessary, but it would be welcome! :)

Reactions: curiousrom

ajsat3801

Feb 13, 2018
Mumbai
Actually, going to my apps and games section in play store with the XDA app installed, check for updates if nothing shows up, then after rechecking for updates, there should be an update of size 64-65 MB update the app, then you are good to go....
This how I got mine working...
I tried rechecking multiple times...is it region specific or something?

Reactions: gimpy1