Check out the new XDA app! Let us know what you think [App rolling out now]

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Good update guys.
Jumping to the end of a thread is working now.
Back button functionality seems to be improved a bit too? Still throws you out of a thread instead one page back but not completely...have to check that in a quit moment.
If we get the really important "in thread search" the app will be really usable.

Btw, no problem here to change threadnames to unbold after reading or using "mark read" button (swipe right).

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev and Sobek5150

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
How do you remove old threads
Click on unwatch does nothing, still appears again
Nothing in settings.
So Bloody Slow to respond to any response.

Why is there no response to "How to Questions" like
"XDA app how to use."
Simple Question I thought.
All you get is some crap about some device, or better still NOTHING.

THE OLD APP WORKED - THIS NEW VERSION IS ABSOLUTE CRAP.
It may have been an old platform, but it work, yes it could not handle the volume of posts, but is lots better than what is available at this moment.

You get a message that someone has responded to your post. Click on it. Wait minutes to be taken to that thread. Get Page 1 of maybe 220. Not at least the post mentioned. Then have to click multiple times to read it. Totally useless.

WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER, ONLY THAT THE USERS ARE GIVING GOOD ADVICE. So you persist with this CRAP. Hoping it will be fixed one day this year or so.

Settings allow last page or first page. Select either only get first page.

So you have a lot of work to fix these issues. But I am not holding my breath.

• Sad
Reactions: wimstefan

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
We're is the link to so called app update, so we can try it.

Update Play store already updated
Some changes 3 horizontal dots. Gets you to last post eventually. After multiple times going to splash screen to a dozen of condensed posts from page 1. That all happens maybe. Or app may crash and restored you back to home screen. Start again. Maybe you get what you want.
But still too bloody Slow.

Still needs lots of work

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
We're is the link to so called app update, so we can try it.
Screenshot_20210212-212919_Google_Play_Store.png
Screenshot_20210212-212939_Google_Play_Store.png

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Thebear j koss

Oct 24, 2012
NYC
www.designrifts.com
The latest update definitely made the app much better, there are still some things missing but I won't gripe about them as I feel they are probably incoming future features. However someone please get it together and release a premium version with no ads, or a version for us old timers who are pushing 10 years here on XDA with no ads as a thanks for all the years of contributions. I don't wanna see who is coming on the **** live streaming peacock network. And that is not dirty, that is an actual ad for the peacock NBC streaming network...

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Feb 11 update may have resolved the issue of a persistent dark theme. Coincidentally there have been a flurry of Google app updates which might have had an effect but either way the light theme now persists when it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: woodman

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
After reading a thread, such as this one, and hitting refresh the bold does not go away. It still looks unread. Even after a pull down refresh. Fully exiting the app and killing it from memory and going back in does change the bolding.
Working fine here 🤷‍♂️
New update for me now gets me to the last entry in a thread not the last unread post.....
Same for me. Better jumping to last post than to first post, but last unread post would be even better ;)

Reactions: Kramar111

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
Check out what you think: I think that would be better to allow forum access via Tapatalk or perhaps another multi forum aggregator. I don't see reason to install each forum I use to read a separate app. Thanks

Thebear j koss

Oct 24, 2012
NYC
www.designrifts.com
Check out what you think: I think that would be better to allow forum access via Tapatalk or perhaps another multi forum aggregator. I don't see reason to install each forum I use to read a separate app. Thanks
Tell your other forums to switch to xenforo which is what xda uses now. If they don't switch, then that won't work. Xenforo doesn't work ithe tapatalk.