Check out the new XDA app! Let us know what you think [App rolling out now]

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
I am tired of after reading a post, when hitting return, it doesn't go back to where you previously were - but to a totally different place.

Totally unexcusable - just about all other forums work that way.

Reactions: TomiLynch

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Feb 11 update may have resolved the issue of a persistent dark theme. Coincidentally there have been a flurry of Google app updates which might have had an effect but either way the light theme now persists when it should.
Maybe I've missed the exact point of this comment, but I'll use it as an intro to ask...
The Feb 11 update notes include "fixed white load screen". I have dark theme enabled both in my ROM (crDroid 7.2) and in the XDA app. When I start the app, I get white (OK, it's setting up), then dark brown (good), then a spectacularly blinding white again (terrible!) , before finally reverting to the desired dark theme. To my eyes (literally) this is a bug, no?

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Maybe I've missed the exact point of this comment, but I'll use it as an intro to ask...
The Feb 11 update notes include "fixed white load screen". I have dark theme enabled both in my ROM (crDroid 7.2) and in the XDA app. When I start the app, I get white (OK, it's setting up), then dark brown (good), then a spectacularly blinding white again (terrible!) , before finally reverting to the desired dark theme. To my eyes (literally) this is a bug, no?
In my case something within that mechanism was preventing light app theme from persisting with OS set to dark theme. At the time others did report that flash you are talking about but in my case as I am using the light theme it is not an intrusion.

IamTheBRAVE

Jan 29, 2017
Everytime i open the app and switch to home tab, i get a tutorial on how to unwatch, bookmark, and more...
Edit: Couldn't upload mp4

Last edited:

MrBlubke

Jan 24, 2011
I think the app has come a long way already, kinda start liking it... now if they implemented swipe to previous/next page in the thread view, that'd be golden... 🤞

Reactions: TomiLynch

MrBlubke

Jan 24, 2011
I think the app has come a long way already, kinda start liking it... now if they implemented swipe to previous/next page in the thread view, that'd be golden... 🤞
ow, and please make the threadpreview NOT default behaviour... I don't think it's that liked, but can stay for those few that do like it... as an option to ENABLE not to disable for all those that don't... it's just not practical imho...

gibbsnich

Aug 4, 2011
I could search this thread for an answer, I'm sure, but .. is it possible that there is no way to search within a thread from within the new xda app? Or is it just me not finding the right button 🤔

Reactions: kam333

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
In the thread, click on the Search window, click "Everwhere", and choose "This thread".
Ah, sorry, I read this on my laptop - apologies if you meant on the phone app. I too find it extraordinarily hard to navigate compared with the old version.

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
Things were working for me quite well on the newest version. Quick preview still is broken (shows posts from arbitrary times, not newest or oldest) and other minor things.

Just found two bigger issues though.
  1. Editing posts doesn't work. It starts to edit but XDA app closes keyboard and freezes up. Only way out is to hit the back arrow in the top left.
  2. "Report an Issue" option in settings is still broken (been broken for the last 3 versions.) When trying to submit gives a JSON error.

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
In the thread, click on the Search window, click "Everwhere", and choose "This thread".
Ah, sorry, I read this on my laptop - apologies if you meant on the phone app. I too find it extraordinarily hard to navigate compared with the old version.
As there is no "search in this thread" function within the app (eagerly needed!) it would be nice if the search function within browser/desktop you described would be able to save the last used "search in this thread" option instead of going back to "everywhere". Searching within the thread you're reading is probably the most used option.